Seeing Doctor next week.

EKW4Y

Hi, I am not diagnosed but suspect I may be prediabetic or diabetic.
For the last three weeks (almost) I have monitored my blood in the morning before eating or drinking and the average level equates to 7.2mmol/l. (Fasting/morning).
My sister thinks I have nothing to worry about with the levels but I'd appreciate a bit of feedback from you before I make myself look foolish at the GP next week.
The readings are all on the attached pic.
Thank you all in advance.
IMG_20190707_165345.jpeg

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cant speak to your Dr,but that info is just what my DR would love to have,would pique his curiosity and he would look further into it Im sure.I think thats a real good job youve done there.
Also,never think you are wasting Dr's time,thats why you have him/her.
Get back to us,love to hear the outcome.

Reactions: EKW4Y

EKW4Y

Thanks for your comments, my GP agreed that the readings looked a little on the high side and sent me for an HbA1C test - now awaiting the results.

Steveg1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there
I am the same my readings are near the same if I do eat then take it again it rises to around 12 mmol I have to go get another blood test at the hospital I wonder if to eat before the test to get high reading or not eat and go in the morning get low reading. I not sure if I’m a diabetic or normal
Hope you found out lot more
Steve

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Hi there
I am the same my readings are near the same if I do eat then take it again it rises to around 12 mmol I have to go get another blood test at the hospital I wonder if to eat before the test to get high reading or not eat and go in the morning get low reading. I not sure if I’m a diabetic or normal
Hope you found out lot more
Steve

This thread is about 3 months old so no idea what the outcome was for the OP, but if you're eating and rising to 12, that's high. What sort of blood tests are getting done?