What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone. It’s journey time again today. Taking mum to the airport for her 0900 flight home tomorrow morning.
We are breaking up the journey at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park - think a horde of statues stolen during the Roman Conquests - but in Yorkshire, and in a park - and free to get in - and in plain sight, and - so forget the Roman horde - more of a hoard really, although there is a horde.

So, the wonder wheel of driving round the North Yorkshire Moors and cooing at an art exhibition entitled “The Lost Words” gave a sophisticated 5.1 at 0550 when I dragged my carcass out of it’s warm and cozy cocoon and dashed across the landing.

For art and poetry lovers the link for the exhibition is here: https://www.northyorkmoors.org.uk/visiting/see-and-do/inspired-by-gallery/the-lost-words
Contained within are some download links to some interesting educational resources for students of all ages

Have a great day if you can

As a word lover I loved your "horde" and "hoard" wording. :)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's everywhere gennepher...once they start raising money there's little you can do to stop it...I'm due back in West Bromwich in August I shall take great care & some of my own photographs...I'm suspicious the one I went in to is not adequately marked...so watch this space.

You probably know this but it's worth a mention. Birmingham has 'average speed cameras' along it's major 'A' roads, they are not obvious and do work, netting the council £250k in their first month. That scheme has been expanded, not sure if it has reached W Brom but I'm sure Sandwell District Council will be happy to cash in. Safe bet, keep speed down and stay clear of bus lanes. It's very tempting on the 'Black Country' ring road to push it, when I was with the AA I would sit in the overpass and watch the cameras going off.

Reactions: gennepher and Viv19

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
stay clear of bus lanes
I'm up & down to London so often Harrison I am acutely aware of bus lanes...however I didn't see anything that led me to believe this was a bus lane...they've sent me two photos which show my car and on the road there is.a sign about 25 yards in front of me which spells out 'bus gate' in dull yellow letters and it's upside down...I will definitely have a look when I'm next there

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm up & down to London so often Harrison I am acutely aware of bus lanes...however I didn't see anything that led me to believe this was a bus lane...they've sent me two photos which show my car and on the road there is.a sign about 25 yards in front of me which spells out 'bus gate' in dull yellow letters and it's upside down...I will definitely have a look when I'm next there

I gathered from your other posts that you frequent London so I guessed you were clued up. It was more to point out that we're crafty buggers up here and hide the signs ;) If it was upside down I would contest it (unless you were on the wrong side of the road and that's why it looked upside down... just kidding :happy::happy:)

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Could it be used as evidence in your defense? Since it was obviously upside down at the time.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Shall yer lernn me buh? O'm all crosswaffled. Just hope the new house is not on the hugh. OK for lesson 1?
Meanwhile, I learn I am supposed to have 30 different types of fruit, veg, nuts and seeds each week. With creative accounting I reached 22. Taken from The Telegraph Don't judge me.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-...ha-20-going-hearing-lot-koji-kvass-andtempeh/

As a human I am "supposed" to eat 5 servings of fruits or vegetables each day.

At the same time, I am "supposed" to get out, get some exercise, and get some sunshine Vitamin D.

How I am "supposed" to do both -- eat all those fruits and vegetables every day and still get out anywhere and do anything, no one has yet bothered to explain to me. ;)

P.S. If I move to the little town I will have to re-learn Mountain. It is similar to American but not really. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's everywhere gennepher...once they start raising money there's little you can do to stop it...I'm due back in West Bromwich in August I shall take great care & some of my own photographs...I'm suspicious the one I went in to is not adequately marked...so watch this space.
Good luck.
Taking your own photos should be effective.
Could you have a dash cam as well when you return?
I’ve proved something else before with photos. To prove it didn’t fit in with the law.
I am rooting for you.

>^..^<

Reactions: Viv19 and HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Just leaving this here...
http://www.pepipoo.com/

search bus lane fines.

and one of the sites you refer to, in here ?

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Another day dawns

I am up very early so I decide to go for a walk by the beach. Fortunately I decide to take my phone and its camera along.

I am a keen amateur photographer. A hobby that has been a source of great pleasure over the years as I love travelling around Cyprus discovering new places through the unique perspective that a camera lens offers.

Yet for months now I have fealt reluctant to engage in this most favourite of activities, that eye on the world has remained firmly shut to me.

Until today.

I wish I had my proper camera along but that is just details.

Here are some of this mornings shots for you to enjoy (hopefully).

Maybe you will also see why I am always so keen to come away to our beach house on weekends.

Pavlos

PS Glucose at 6.2 this morning

View attachment 34271View attachment 34272View attachment 34273View attachment 34274View attachment 34275View attachment 34276View attachment 34277View attachment 34278View attachment 34279View attachment 34280View attachment 34281View attachment 34282
Stunning

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 5.1 yesterday and 4.9 this morning.

a cool grey morning followed by a glorious afternoon today :happy:
Was feeling a bit fed up the last couple of days , for no real reason at all, funny how that works sometimes isn't it?

I do find that getting overtired makes me prone to 'the mulligrubs' but anyway the sunshine should help ;)
and If the good weather stays I may get the strimmer out and indulge my productive destructive tendencies whilst we wait in for a delivery which is promised for tomorrow :)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :)

Yes I know what you mean. It can happen for no real reason. Hope you have perked up and are back to normal. Great readings as always.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

5.1 for me today

I think it's time for me to go back to a stricter accounting for a few weeks, I'm not eating anything unusual but my weight has risen a bit (@4kg from my lowest), perhaps I need to be a bit stricter in toeing the line ;)

Having had weight problems for most of my life I don't think my metabolism is ever going to allow me to 'eat until I'm full' .

Maintainance of weight and bg control is such a balancing act isn't it and T2D keeps changing the topography (bit like trying to ride a segway scooter when the ground level changes unexpectedly all the time :hilarious: )

Lovely sunny day here currently but we have to wait in for the delivery of the shelving intended for mr. gee's shed. Could be the moment to get out the strimmer and put on my gardening 'strides' :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)
I find it's a very challenging balancing act too. I have lost as much weight as I want to. I weigh every day to check I've not lost more. I never in a million years thought I would be in this boat after being overweight most of my adult life!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up early I have to be ready for British Gas...exciting times (although not as adrenalin charged as bin day)… a leaking radiator in the kitchen means we have no hot water and no pressure in the boiler...it is a five hour time slot between 8am-1pm no doubt they'll arrive at 12:59 precisely...oh I need this coffee...woke to a 5.7

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
and one of the sites you refer to, in here ?
Thanks jjaark the 'bus gate' is on this site with many complaints about how they implement the scheme...I can appeal & go to the adjudicator however I'd have to go all the way to West Bromwich to do that...it would be far cheaper to pay the fines & have done with it...I'll mull that over for a while.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.6 this morning at 5 am

I think this pack of testing strips loves the 8’s

Warm already outside.

Sun out and blue skies.

Making aprons again today. I don’t wear skirts any more. So, they make ideal aprons. My skirts were ankle length, so plenty of fabric. When I am painting my pictures I have this knack of wiping my hands on the back of my jeans, and consequently I am running out of decent jeans to wear.

So, wraparound aprons I am making. Each one is a different design depending on availability of fabric. Sitting on my thatched swing to do these. Handsewing them. More relaxing. Obviously hems are already sewn and a couple of other bits. And just cutting them out how my muse takes me that morning.

So, instead of Granny sewing on her rocking chair in the porch sewing, you have Granny on her thatched swing in the garden sewing...with a helpful cat who thinks my clothes on my lap are for lying on...

Have a good day...
Take care...

>^..^<

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up early I have to be ready for British Gas...exciting times (although not as adrenalin charged as bin day)… a leaking radiator in the kitchen means we have no hot water and no pressure in the boiler...it is a five hour time slot between 8am-1pm no doubt they'll arrive at 12:59 precisely...oh I need this coffee...woke to a 5.7
Hugs for the waiting...
I ‘love’ their time slots...
Hope it is easily sorted and he/she has all the parts they need on the van.

>^..^<