So proud of my Dad

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
As some of you know my Dad is T2 himself and he has really been listening to me and cutting out sugar and most carbs from his life, he just had his HBA1C done just now and holy moly! From 76 down to 50! I know it's basically still pre-diabetic levels but I can't help but be happy with him after 10+ years of being diabetic that's impressive to me.

He's aiming for below 40 now which is amazing, makes me feel so fuzzy inside that I've been an example for the man I have looked up to for most of my life.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As some of you know my Dad is T2 himself and he has really been listening to me and cutting out sugar and most carbs from his life, he just had his HBA1C done just now and holy moly! From 76 down to 50! I know it's basically still pre-diabetic levels but I can't help but be happy with him after 10+ years of being diabetic that's impressive to me.

He's aiming for below 40 now which is amazing, makes me feel so fuzzy inside that I've been an example for the man I have looked up to for most of my life.

Caeseji - Be proud to be proud. You're inspiring your family to be healthier, and everyone deserved their health to be as good as they can manage.

Good luck to Dad for a few months.

Reactions: Prem51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Without a doubt that deserves a" SUPERSTAR" both for you and your dad.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Excellent work, both of you! :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Spreading the word and the Health! I like it. Well done to you both.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You must be so proud of yourself @Caeseji ! Well done to both you and your Dad!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Great work dad! And you @Caeseji for inspiring him.

IBEX82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh this is fantastic news! Well done to your Dad and well done for you supporting him :)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Give him a
gold_star.png

Reactions: Rachox

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks so much everyone, that means a lot to me and the fact I managed to bring a tear to @britishpub brought one to mine too!

I'm hoping that we can get it down further, seems like he's receptive to it right now so fingers crossed it keeps on going.

Reactions: IBEX82

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Clearly you are your Father's son, he must be very proud of you. Well done both.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks so much everyone, that means a lot to me and the fact I managed to bring a tear to @britishpub brought one to mine too!

I'm hoping that we can get it down further, seems like he's receptive to it right now so fingers crossed it keeps on going.

Blimey, Caeseji - How your appearance has changed ince you arrived here, and how much more comfortably and confidently you seem to engage with the camera lense.

You look fantastic!

(I appreciate this thread is about your Dad, but I'll give myself a stern telling off. It's worth it. :) )

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fantastic stuff @Caeseji

You ...for showing him the way with our own outstanding efforts.

and him for listening to a son.
not an easy task for any dad, say well done him.
(and you..;) )

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Blimey, Caeseji - How your appearance has changed ince you arrived here, and how much more comfortably and confidently you seem to engage with the camera lense.

You look fantastic!

(I appreciate this thread is about your Dad, but I'll give myself a stern telling off. It's worth it. :) )
Haha! Thank you! I decided to get my hair done when I was on the way out of the office yesterday so of course I had to post it here as well.

Thanks again to everyone that commented, it's nice to be able to spread some hope around to even my own family.