Job help

stevemcfc

Have now lost job and i am desperate for another. Please if you can help, contact me. I live in Cheshire and would consider working anywhere.
Thank you

stevemcfc

thanks for asking Ottermoon I was in the distant past a skilled craftsman in the print industry but my skills are no longer required. Recently I have worked in signage but really did not enjoy it. As for what I would like to do I guess working for a kind and honest boss would be a start,it would also be nice to get a job that stimulates the mind and is not mundane. I am 50, with years of experience in job skills,
developments and change it does seem a waste that these skills are overlooked.

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi Steve

Sorry to hear of your employment experiences. While your previous craft skills are no longer required, perhaps your knowledge of the print industry may be useful to an employer. There seem to be a number of openings in the print industry online e.g.http://jobs.printweek.com/?CMP=KNC-GOOG ... 4Qodb2fG8A Perhaps there is something there that would suit. If you are looking at a complete change then, perhaps, signing g-up with a few agencies might help. Have you got a cv? If not, that seems to be the main tool in job hunting these days.

Sorry I can't be of more help a the moment. Feel free to pm me.

Regards

Doug

stevemcfc

Thanks Osidge, tried to send PM but not sure if you got it. Had a great time in the print trade but would really like the chance to try something new, feel I have all the ability for almost anything but just need the opening. My main priority is to find a honest and fair boss as I have had a very poor time of late. The best scenario would be to work for a fellow diabetic as I feel once I had told my boss I was diabetic I sensed a change. I feel he thought that I would need time off etc and even cancelled sick pay maybe coincidence but not sure.
Really hope that I can achieve my hopes and even better if it could be local.

C

catherinecherub

Hi,
You have to have a post count of ten before you can send p.m.'s so might be worth your while to play the Word Game or write something in General chat to up your posts. People might be more inclined to p.m. you about job opportunities than post on the forum.

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Just a thought

Have you ever thought of being a carer,, Seems its the only expanding business now

Most of the care firms in my area, Never seem to get enough carers working for them :?:
supervisor is always asking if i know anyone would like a job?

I don't mean in care homes ,,No need to rule that out ether
The kind that go into the home and help cook lunch take someone out for the day for social time
even help them into the bath Saving washing up ect
Believe you have some in house training First aid ,Lifting few weeks then understudy few weeks then off you go

I know its not the best paid job ,, Still its a Job

if you phone your Local Social Services can give you a list of all the firms that work for them
Make out your looking for a care firm for your Mum :wink:
All you have to do then is call them you will need CRB and like working with people
there is shortage of male cares
also i know its very hard to get night sitters (just in case) you just read a book all night
may have to empty a drainage bag ,make odd drink or snack

I have a new male carer ,, He only just lost his as job a social worker with all the Cuts
Taken me out few times now ,also takes me to hospital and GP ,main job is to sort my midday
meals out ,help me transfer in and out of wheelchair .
Next sunny day if I am up to it we are going fishing for the day (social time)

So its not all Rub-a-Dub-Dub :mrgreen:

Bob

stevemcfc

Thanks Bob not sure if I am suited to a caring role but will look into it, pretty shy guy so may not be right for job.Hope you got your fishing in.

albertmartin

No worries if have left the jobs because there are plenty of jobs in medical profession. If you are looking for medical jobs then you need to visit this link or website http://www.globelocums.co.uk/find-a-job, it a globe locums a medical recruitment agency provides opportunities in big and huge medical organizations...you must register yourself with this agency because I too got placed by this agency.