Type 1'stars R Us

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Wet here in the Midlands and looking set for the day - so the annual Big Clean has started. Not heard from my House Elf for any work during this Uni holiday yet, but I've got plenty of paper sorting jobs of the variety she prefers if she does call in. She does willingly clean and undertakes any housework job I ask of her (except gardening), but I've noted the sigh of relief when I get her onto sitting down tasks!! Anyway, I've got a shedload of Very Bad Mood energy to wear off before I've any chance of enjoying a relaxing break... Often takes me time to decompress, so I'm not bothered about it, and the VBM energy does get an awful lot done!!

So, I've started on cupboards and storage space. With some ruthless decluttering going on.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
You don't want to get near azathioprine if you can help it.

Hey @hh1, I found the Libre was always off much more when you are a nine plus in BG's. Hopefully it settles down soon. Some stayed off and then I would call Libre for a replacement. If you call for a replacement it used to have to be 30% off in readings.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You don't want to get near azathioprine if you can help it.

Hey @hh1, I found the Libre was always off much more when you are a nine plus in BG's. Hopefully it settles down soon. Some stayed off and then I would call Libre for a replacement. If you call for a replacement it used to have to be 30% off in readings.
@Marie 2, thanks, it's been my experience too that the higher or lower the reading, the more out the comparison was likley to be, but my recent experience has been far better than that. I've had a number of replacements due to inaccuracy but not for a good while, so I was lulled into a false sense of security that the reliability of the sensors had improved. Silly me.

Reactions: Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Happy day everyone, rain or no rain. It seemed to rain everywhere but here yesterday so I’ll be watering the veg bed again. It’s a very odd one this year what with slugs and Hamish ganging up. Lots of interesting weeds, lovely self-seeded borage for bees and hover flies, bits that might, or might not be veg and now some new seeds late planted with crossed everything. Had the first nosh of fresh kale last night, yum.
Oh, and 5.5 this morning, libre says steady in the 5s last night and still there, so either the new cartridge is ace or the libre’s duff. Bloods right now say 6.5 so not inclined to any passionate argument about it.

Reactions: Marie 2 and hh1

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Morning. 3.7 this morning. It was the hour run yesterday morning, and I should have reduced my long-acting by a unit overnight. It's wet in Oxfordshire, but not wet enough for my tomatoes in their grow bags. They have languished, the soil in the bag openings still dry, so I watered them in the rain.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@ert if you're in Oxfordshire you're probably on route and if you're hoping to make the meet up if we ever pull it off I'm happy to pick you up.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It's nearly afternoon, off out for a lunchtime school run very soon, BS has been high all last night and this morning, but is now in single figures and not eaten a thing today, fed up with b&*^*y diabetes at times.
So another cuppa before I go :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
It's nearly afternoon, off out for a lunchtime school run very soon, BS has been high all last night and this morning, but is now in single figures and not eaten a thing today, fed up with b&*^*y diabetes at times.
So another cuppa before I go :)

Grrrrr ing for you. Have you done corrections? Hope you’re not coming down with something!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
And I am back....missed me?? Dont answer that!!! Just had a really quick glimpse thru what you l9t have been up to.....was going to reply to all BUT it would have been a 2 page post.
Brean was amazing, caught all the good weather. MM decided it didn't want to work anymore so that has been sent back today...they are sending a replacement ASAP!! Didnt realise how much I would miss it

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I can't get out of the wretched 7's at the moment, no matter what I do or how much I shove in. I deliberately over-injected at brekkie and I was still 7.7 before lunch. I'd had nothing to eat, and just some rooibos tea through the morning. I take it without milk or sugar ....

So I have taken 2.5 extra units now, and will wait to see what happens. At worst I'll be in the 7's at dinner. And my app doesn't like that. It records bloods in the 7's in orange and it is not at all a nice colour to have splattered all over my app.

It's not the basal, I'm pretty sure of that. I'm split dosage levemir and it's holding me level enough, it's just that the bolus isn't pulling its weight.

Reactions: porl69

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@WuTwo That's how I feel when my libre keeps showing my BG swinging around 9-9.5mmol and it's in the yellow range. Green gives me satisfaction. :hilarious:
Reckon it's stress?
I know it takes a while for me to lower my BG during the morning - afternoon, even with prebolusing for a low carb breakfast.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
It does sound like you're having to tough it out today. I like talking about food. What did you have for breakfast?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I'm not doing too shabby, I didn't correct my 10.7 last night so I landed on 8.7. Fiasp didn't let me down and it is damp and grey here. My darling sweet potato bf forgot to take the bins out, so I'm giving him the death stare. :hilarious:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
It does sound like you're having to tough it out today. I like talking about food. What did you have for breakfast?

I had scrambled tofu, seitan bacon, mushrooms and a slice of toast. Was yummy!

Lunch was chopped tomato, cucumber, babycorn and sweet baby peppers with chickpeas in sweet 'n smoky sauce, topped with sprouted seeds, parmegan and a handful of sunflower seeds. I enjoyed it very much.

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My darling sweet potato boyfriend has remembered to out the bins out ... once since I have known him.
And that was a day early.

I've just learnt to accept he struggles to remember things that happen EVERY SINGLE WEEK.
My one has to be told to take the bins out. If I forget, he won't do it. But then again there are things I tell him everyday but he leaves it another day to do it and there is room for him to not do it. *points at the oven that was suppose to be cleaned last week* :rolleyes:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
And my app doesn't like that. It records bloods in the 7's in orange and it is not at all a nice colour to have splattered all over my app.
On days like that I up the target level on the app a bit for the day. Doesn't change your bg but makes looking at it a lot less annoying :)

Reactions: becca59 and WuTwo

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I had scrambled tofu, seitan bacon, mushrooms and a slice of toast. Was yummy!

Lunch was chopped tomato, cucumber, babycorn and sweet baby peppers with chickpeas in sweet 'n smoky sauce, topped with sprouted seeds, parmegan and a handful of sunflower seeds. I enjoyed it very much.
Yum. You're quite the foodie. I had to google scrambled tofu. I thought it might be scrambled eggs with pieces of tofu, but no, there is such a recipe as scrambled tofu. :) I'm new to this insulin calculation malarky. How many carbs are in each of these meals? 20 grams of carbs in both? (I've been googling ingredients.)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Hello friends,

I'm not doing too shabby, I didn't correct my 10.7 last night so I landed on 8.7. Fiasp didn't let me down and it is damp and grey here. My darling sweet potato bf forgot to take the bins out, so I'm giving him the death stare. :hilarious:
We only remember the bins when we hear the rubbish truck, or literally fall over one our way out for a dog walk. At least neither of us can blame each other.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We only remember the bins when we hear the rubbish truck, or literally fall over one our way out for a dog walk. At least neither of us can blame each other.
Or neighbours' kids helping their parents with the bins. :hilarious: