Libre 2 sensor failure

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Have had similar problems when I phoned they just said there’s an error which I’d worked out myself by reading the error codes I’ve funded since last September and have had 5 naff sensors 3 in 6 weeks but in their favour they’ve replaced all of them no problem

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Happened again , this time with 5 days to go
IMG_2064.jpg

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Interesting to see sensor errors on Libre 2 when I have experienced two sensor errors on Libre 1 in the last week.
One was a fall off and the other was an inability to read the sensor and reported as a "sensor error". Abbott agreed to replace both.
Interestingly, Glimp could still read the sensor but it was clearly unhappy as the values bounced from 5 to 35 and back to 35 (the truth, according to finger pricks was nearer 6).

This my second consecutive sensor that has failed with similar problems. I was delivered 6 in a batch and am now wondering if they are all going to fail like this. Not impressed with Libre 2 so far. I'll be asking about going back to libre 1 at my next Doctors appointment.

Abbot agreed to replace the 2nd one also but couldn't give me any decent explanation why they fail like this.

Lazymike

I have recently started to use the meter and so far I am 5 sensors in and four of the five have all failed early has anyone else had a high rate of failure with the sensors?

chriscand

I woke up this morning and there was a diagonal red line through the sensor icon. The reader won’t scan the sensor and it just times out. It’s only been activated since Monday ~ 5 days.

Can’t find any info or workarounds for this issue. Contacted abbot but they have just replied with their usual ‘generic’ response.

Any ideas ? To me it appears the sensor is completely dead .

View attachment 34376
My freestyle libre sensor has failed twice before time due to replace sensor. When I telephoned Abbot they said it was nothing I had done wrong and only offered to send me a replacement senor which arrived 3 days later with a return envelope for the failed sensors. Have not heard anything since. Did you say you had a Freestyle 2 are they the new system with warnings when BS are rising or falling? great if they are didn't think they had been released here yet.