I'm sick

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm suffering from various chronic conditions, including fatigue and arthritis. Sometimes I'm in a lot of pain. Within a week of starting LCHF, my husband, my son, and a friend all told me I was moving faster and seemed a lot brighter.
additional benefits, for me, so far:
acid reflux - gone
wind, bloating - gone
tiredness - gone
non specific miserableness - gone
anger - less (it was always going to be a challenge)

Reactions: CondorX

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
finished supper after 24 hr fast. Rump steak (organic), egg (organic), fried in butter, fried mushrooms, steamed spinach.
This seems so easy for me. I'm fairly convinced this is because it isn't really that far from the diet I grew up on and fasting (by accident) was just normal for me. I didn't eat pasta until my early twenties! Didn't know what a noodle was. I can't ever remember having rice except as pudding.
I'm also lucky that I can cook (self taught, took a long time). Also I can afford it.

I'm not really surprised that the health supervisors aren't keen, if they tell everyone they can fry in butter but can't drink coke they are going to worry that only one half of that message gets heard. Also the budget implications aren't small, can people afford this diet? If not who is responsible to make up the gap?

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
so today I calculated that if I didn't eat for 7.5 weeks I'd lose all my useless fat. I'm not doing that cos I have no idea what the unintended consequences would be, I ate a lovely dinner (see above). Truth is I find fasting very easy (so far). I simply cannot believe how good I feel. Happy me.

Reactions: 1spuds

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
so today I calculated that if I didn't eat for 7.5 weeks I'd lose all my useless fat. I'm not doing that cos I have no idea what the unintended consequences would be, I ate a lovely dinner (see above). Truth is I find fasting very easy (so far). I simply cannot believe how good I feel. Happy me.

Fasting also of course saves you money..
Since I went meat/fish only I'm pretty sure bills have gone down.. food waste certainly has as any cooked meats stay in the fridge until eaten. We tend to buy 5 days worth of meat which then covers us for 7 days..(I think we tend to over order!).

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
two week versary (do I sound like a teenager in love? dear diary the diabetes years-will it sell?)

body clearly under renovation weird things happen at night like sudden awake-ness and body tingling and heart pounding, plus night time peeing is back. But then whole fluid thing is all over the place.
day time shakes when glucose fine or high even (6.2)
rash appeared on neck on Saturday, fading now.
hunger happens but then doesn't.
happy, happy, happy – no reason
energy to spare (by recent standards)
mind on fire – hit it out of the park today at work
quick verbal response back (not necessarily a good thing)

Two weeks, ladies and gentlemen, two weeks!

I think what worked for me is that I'd already adjusted to fasting (or skipping breakfast and/or lunch) and didn't do carb constant input the rest of the time, but the no carb in at all was the other side I needed to seal the deal. Jason Fung's stop putting it in and burn it off equation.

We'll see I guess.

CoP

Last edited:
Reactions: HSSS

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
oh and I'm going to need a belt for my jeans, it's mostly lost water but it still affects the weighing scale so it still counts:D

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
finished supper after 24 hr fast. Rump steak (organic), egg (organic), fried in butter, fried mushrooms, steamed spinach.
This seems so easy for me. I'm fairly convinced this is because it isn't really that far from the diet I grew up on and fasting (by accident) was just normal for me. I didn't eat pasta until my early twenties! Didn't know what a noodle was. I can't ever remember having rice except as pudding.
I'm also lucky that I can cook (self taught, took a long time). Also I can afford it.

I'm not really surprised that the health supervisors aren't keen, if they tell everyone they can fry in butter but can't drink coke they are going to worry that only one half of that message gets heard. Also the budget implications aren't small, can people afford this diet? If not who is responsible to make up the gap?
So glad you are feeling better on the Lc diet. Also pleased you mentioned the cost implications.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Also the budget implications aren't small, can people afford this diet? If not who is responsible to make up the gap?

i'd agree at first it seems that way.
But now i see the stuff i DON'T buy.

the takeaways, the 'extra' bit of food just in case i get hungry.+ crisps chocolate a bun etc etc

and like @bulkbiker says far less waste.
because i THINK what i can eat, i no longer do the impulse Buys that get thrown out
because they have gone past their sell by date before we've eaten them.

Now while the food might be better quality, i eat less.

Those days of 3/4 meals a day and a snack or two are gone.

One meal, maybe two..(and one of those could probably be described as a snack)

I Usually cook in the evening, but it make enough for two days, simply cook and split the meal.
So a good bit of meat £5 and veg..maybe £1 or two and will do other meals.
£3 a day for my main meals..happy days.
not the same for others i'll agree.

Tonight, a bag of frozen stir fry, half an onion, garlic and 3 eggs, milk butter, salt & pepper
my version of tortilla.

a quarter for me, with some salad, tomatoes and chopped jalapenos.
Missus.."I'm not hungry......OOH that smells nice " took other quarter.
Rest is tomorrow's work lunch.

So it's as cost effective as you want it to be.
Admittedly i really only cook for me..
(missus rarely eats in evening and daughter does her own thing with friends)

But not as expensive as it can seem at first..

Last edited:
Reactions: Flora123
D

Deleted member 308541

I have not found eating low carb food costs more than eating high carb food. Meats the same price, so are dairy products, veggies are cheap when in season.

I know our fortnightly food bill has not changed much except for when the price goes up when some stuff in in short supply.