Wasting time listening to 'Halki diabetes cure'

Stephen Lewis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrites, liars, donald trump (no capitals for emphasis)
I had to make the jacket smaller as I seem to have shrunk quite a bit doing the low carb eating - the way I make the garment is in two halves, starting at the cuffs and joining centre back, and so by separating the two halves I could take rows out of the backs, join up again and then put on a new collar. The fronts overlap a bit more than before, but the side seams are not half way to my elbows now.
I was rather pleased to find that Asda have a really low carb bread - under 8 percent carbs - ordinary breads are so much higher. It is expensive, but as it is so low carb it seems worth it.
Wish I had your sewing ability. I have to keep cutting my belt down to size and making more holes for a narrower waist.

leijon

I listened to him going on and on and on forever . What a ****! Makes me so angry! If it is about pollution, how does he explain that people that go through a gastric bypass operation can get of their diabetes medication in days or a couple of weeks? My brother went through that operation and stopped with the medication. I got the symptoms of diabetes type 2. I knew if i went to the doctor they would put me on Insulin. I did not want that. So i was thinking about what my brother and other people i know was doing after that operation. They could not eat so big portions and was told to avoid especially bread. So I started to do a diet to loose weight. And i did from 104 kg to 92 kg. Then I looked at the LCHF diet and came across the dietdoctor.com website and listened to the lectures from all the doctors there and the explanation about the difference between diabetes type 1 and 2. And what they talk about makes sence ( I am a nurse, maybe I should mention) I have been working with diabetics for many years and seen this thing that the medication does not help, they just get sicker and sicker.
On this website there is a Dr.David Unwin working in the northern england, You can find him under Videos, Courses, ( for doctors) It is very interresting to listen to. And there is also a lot of recipes on good tasty food.There is no profit chasers there just doctors that wants to help people getting healthier. And we paitients need to know this so we can educate our doctors .Beacuse this will not come from the farmaceutical companys they want to keep us sick so they can make money. there is no profit in natural food.

paulholly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I am afraid to say that i am one of the mugs that bought into this protocol i know its easy to dismiss info mercials however after struggling with carbs versus fat and protein balancing and not having lowered my average BS UNDER 7. and not losing any weight I am open to anything. Now this approach does include the idea that PM2.5 is a very real toxic threat to us all and it may have far more to do with the ever-increasing rates of Diabetes Furthermore the notion of using a Greek-style diet reliant on oils isnt so far fetched, so what is on the table, well basically its two salad dressings per day for 21 days all very precise and heavily reliant on cruciferous vegetables that react with the dressing to release its full potential which means more broccoli than you ever thought one man could eat other than that you can eat all the things you want to which isnt really the case an omelet with a basil laden oil doesn't do the trick so im struggling to find the right foods to accompany these dressings but that my lack of imagination i guess any way im into day 5 so ill report back in a couple of weeks cheers paul h hollister

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Now this approach does include the idea that PM2.5 is a very real toxic threat to us all and it may have far more to do with the ever-increasing rates of Diabetes

Could be a good idea buy a mask to use when out and about then as they are quite inexpensive.

axemann6644

The root cause of diabetes is toxins which cause insulin resistance( a condition when our cell which is damaged by toxins refuse to accept supply of insulin which is produced by pancreas). Is it right?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The root cause of diabetes is toxins which cause insulin resistance( a condition when our cell which is damaged by toxins refuse to accept supply of insulin which is produced by pancreas). Is it right?
Nope. For one thing, "diabetes" has various causes. Depends on what type we're talking about. If it's T2 it's either genetic or caused by medication. If it's T1 it's an auto-immune condition. If it's T3c it's because of pancreatitis or cancer, and the pancreas being unable to produce any insulin due to scarring, necrosis or removal. Gestational diabetes is genetic, again. Then there's Lada and Mody as well... So no, it's not a matter of toxins. It's an inability to process carbs and resultant glucose in the body, due to whatever of the aformented reasons. No toxins, just a carb-processing issue.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
PS: It's also not a matter of the cells being damaged... T2's are insulin resistant, so we make heaps of it but the cells don't respond to it anymore. Not because they're damaged, but because they're used to so much of it floating around, they're just so not impressed. ;) T1's and variations thereof don't make insulin. So considering the various types and one producing lots of insulin and the others none, there's no such thing as a toxin that fits all types as a root cause.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys,

So, I was perusing my Facebook account on my phone an hour ago & found some "miracle cure" had invaded my friend story feed.
At a loss to what this new scam actually entailed, i did a a further google on this Eric Whitfield's name from the FB twaddle pictured below.
Just some weird graphics & some lines about saving his wife from a coma??! & a quiz to reel in the vulnerable..
(Web address removed from image.) ;)

Funny enough when I Looked this guy up, @Resurgam 's DCUK topic came up too, lol.
then I found the YouTube "guilt trip" of a sales pitch about salad dressing from a mystical island...? (& some twice daily ritual.) This guy's wife had 30 minutes to live & he managed to whip up a vinaigrette..?!

He does like to go on.....

image.png

Jenonly

I am afraid to say that i am one of the mugs that bought into this protocol i know its easy to dismiss info mercials however after struggling with carbs versus fat and protein balancing and not having lowered my average BS UNDER 7. and not losing any weight I am open to anything. Now this approach does include the idea that PM2.5 is a very real toxic threat to us all and it may have far more to do with the ever-increasing rates of Diabetes Furthermore the notion of using a Greek-style diet reliant on oils isnt so far fetched, so what is on the table, well basically its two salad dressings per day for 21 days all very precise and heavily reliant on cruciferous vegetables that react with the dressing to release its full potential which means more broccoli than you ever thought one man could eat other than that you can eat all the things you want to which isnt really the case an omelet with a basil laden oil doesn't do the trick so im struggling to find the right foods to accompany these dressings but that my lack of imagination i guess any way im into day 5 so ill report back in a couple of weeks cheers paul h hollister
I'm also afraid to say I signed up to this. Initially I was quoted £33.84 but got charged £60.25 then I opted for two add-ons of £8.53 and £6.81. BUT got charged £194.29 and £153.60 . I immediately got onto PayPal UK where I was told a company named Click Bank took the money from my account. I spent the next 2 hours of the phone trying to stop payment. I never received the digital book or any correspondence from Halki. Just be aware people what you are signing up to. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I get my money back. I was quite happy to pay the £49.18 for what I ordered but not £408.12. The difference of £358.94 overcharged.

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another scam, Facebook is full of scams, " if you take this, it will cure you" peopke do spout some nonsense

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Once again, if there were any truth to claims like these, drug companies would be seizing the 'cure', patenting it and charging accordingly.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
I'm also afraid to say I signed up to this. Initially I was quoted £33.84 but got charged £60.25 then I opted for two add-ons of £8.53 and £6.81. BUT got charged £194.29 and £153.60 . I immediately got onto PayPal UK where I was told a company named Click Bank took the money from my account. I spent the next 2 hours of the phone trying to stop payment. I never received the digital book or any correspondence from Halki. Just be aware people what you are signing up to. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I get my money back. I was quite happy to pay the £49.18 for what I ordered but not £408.12. The difference of £358.94 overcharged.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Have you alerted Action Fraud online? This should collate all frauds relating to this person although there have been some concerns in the press lately about the efficiency of this service. There is, of course, nothing to stop the fraudster setting up another account under a different name.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Noting in passing that there seem to be an unusually large number of posters who have only one post.
Spaced out over the lifetime of this thread.

I assume that they ended up here using a search like @Jaylee .

I wonder why none of them stuck around?

Morsal

Has anyone tried the Halki diet? I must say I was tempted but am waiting for any positive feedback. I’ve read lots of suspicions but not any evidence.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone tried the Halki diet? I must say I was tempted but am waiting for any positive feedback. I’ve read lots of suspicions but not any evidence.

I think that everyone has responded has shown that its a scam so I would suggest that no it doesn't "work" apart from making the scammer more wealthy I guess..

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Actually
I think that everyone has responded has shown that its a scam so I would suggest that no it doesn't "work" apart from making the scammer more wealthy I guess..

Actually, if the poster who suggested it comprised of salads and more broccoli than you would think it possible to eat is correct, then it may work!
However it is so much easier and cheaper (as well as being proven) to go Low Carb Higher (traditional) Fats instead.