HBA1c No 4..update

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
JUST got my scores back for yesterdays Blood tests.

Delighted to say all other parameters good before i got full report.

From a HBA1c at first diagnosis (56)..i then hit the eatwell diet for 6 weeks..(57 )
came on here, tentatively dipped a toe in the water and followed a few of the more established stars & sage like guides with their pointers.

First genuine HBA1c with LCHF at it's core, 42

i've been rather lucky and been to India for 3 weeks, since then, ate and drank more than sensible,
even though i did eat to the meter in the early days to establish what actually WAS off the menu.

And then we had a cheeky week in Cyprus, where it seemed churlish not to partake of some of the local cuisine while we drank the odd beer or three.

So i was pleasantly surprised to find the score today was a HBA1c of 40....Normal..

and that wasn't the end of it, i got the Lipids scores and put it through Hughs calculator

and my scores were delightfully better then all previous ones..
here is a shot of the results...1st columns are 2011.(january and september)
(.told to cut back on fats etc, eat sensibly..which i did for 6 years.

Then i got the first effects of the Type 2, which i now believe started in feb 2018..

could not fill myself up, and started getting that foggy thinking going on.

DX was in aug 2018..which is where the last 4 columns running left to right from aug oct jan and july representing the HBA1c blood test results.

All the improvements have come on low carb AND higher/better fats...go figure.

bloods ratio july 2019.jpg

I know you'll all say "it was YOU"..but Honestly it wasn't.

I was you, who welcomed me day 1,
it was you, who reached out to calm me
it was you, everytime you posted a food idea
it was you when you took time to teach me
it was you with every link to a video
and every link to a report.

So thank you, one and all.

when i first came here i described myself as lost at sea and washed up on the forum shore.

With my first decent HBA1c, i felt i had found a community, but i was living under palm trees.

Today i feel like I'm part of the community, and i've set down foundations for a good strong house, built with your help.
Able to withstand any winds and rain type 2 wants to throw at me.

DCUK-ers..I salute You.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

From a HBA1c at first diagnosis (56)..i then hit the eatwell diet for 6 weeks..(57 :bigtears:)
came on here, tentatively dipped a toe in the water and followed a few of the more established stars
sage like guides and pointers.

i've been rather lucky and been to India for 3 weeks, since then, ate and drank more than sensible,
even though i did eat to the meter in the early days to establish what actually WAS off the menu.

And then we had a cheeky week in Cyprus, where it seemed churlish not to partake of some of the local cuisine while we drank the odd (;)) beer or three.

So i was pleasantly surprised to find the score today was a HBA1c of 40....Normal..:D

and that wasn't the end of it, i got the Lipids scores and put it through Hughs calculator

(.told to cut back on fats etc, eat sensibly..which i did for 6 years then i got the first effects of the Type 2
i now believe in feb 2018..could not fill myself up, and started getting that foggy thinking going on.

DX was in aug 2018..which is where the last 4 columns running left to right from aug oct jan and july
all the improvements have come on low carb AND higher/better fats...go figure.

View attachment 34377

I was each of you who welcomed me day 1,
it was each of you reached out to calm me

when i first came here i described myself as lost at sea and washed up on the forum shore.
With my first decent HBA1c, i felt i had found a community, but i was living under palm trees.
Today i feel like i've set down foundations for a good strong house, built and able to withstand the winds and rain.

DCUK-ers..I salute You.:)
This post actually made me cry. Tears of joy. So happy for you. Looks like you have found a great balance. I feel just the same. Diagnosed. Distraught. Internet. Googled reversing diabetes and it directed me to DCUK. The forum mwmbers that give so much to so many. Hours upon hours of their valuable time. To help others. It is just the best place on the internet. And all for free. So all can access. Well done in your great results. Get that next holiday booked. Life is for living.

Reactions: Prem51

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But it was you! With the forum’s help. Well done.

I too credit this place with helping me make so many improvements in my health, physical and mental. It goes well beyond my hb1ac. It’s a real community.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

From a HBA1c at first diagnosis (56)..i then hit the eatwell diet for 6 weeks..(57 :bigtears:)
came on here, tentatively dipped a toe in the water and followed a few of the more established stars
sage like guides and pointers.

And then we had a cheeky week in Cyprus, where it seemed churlish not to partake of some of the local cuisine while we drank the odd (;)) beer or three.

So i was pleasantly surprised to find the score today was a HBA1c of 40....Normal..:D

(.told to cut back on fats etc, eat sensibly..which i did for 6 years then i got the first effects of the Type 2
i now believe in feb 2018..could not fill myself up, and started getting that foggy thinking going on.

DX was in aug 2018..which is where the last 4 columns running left to right from aug oct jan and july
all the improvements have come on low carb AND higher/better fats...go figure.

View attachment 34377

I was each of you who welcomed me day 1,
it was each of you reached out to calm me

Today i feel like i've set down foundations for a good strong house, built and able to withstand the winds and rain.

DCUK-ers..I salute You.:)
You got me teary-eyed. I'm so proud of you! Well done, you!!! (Yes, YOU....!)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry a little late getting back, BUT thank you all so much for the Congratulations.

means a lot coming from those 'in the Business'.;)

thank you all.:)

Reactions: Debandez

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Congrats, that's got to be a great feeling seeing that result. Well done and here's to more great results!

Reactions: Prem51