Regular moderate exercise log

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very behind on this thread. Need to add some variety back into exercise but walking continues apace. My tracking app shows a daily average of 18.6k steps over the past month and 23k over the past week.

Saturday saw footie plus 36k steps - ended up on an epic canal walk from Islington to Alperton.

Should be back to Pilates next month - put membership on hold while hand recovered.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A short stint on the exercise bike this morning (10 mins) and a 3 mile walk later on. I thought I’d love the coastal walks down here in Cornwall but I’m finding I’m actually enjoying the woodland walks more. Ive got a great app with loads of off the beaten track guided walks fairly close to me. Just need to find some good walking shoes now that don’t irritate my dodgy L foot.

Reactions: Goonergal

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Did the core - 11.5k steps plus 45 mins exercise bike at a steady pace. Ideally weights again tomorrow if lawns and cricket don't distract me.

Reactions: nomoredonuts

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I appear to have settled into a very regular walking pattern lately, so am ticking over nicely, on both lots of targets and in terms of it helping with the blood sugar control.

I was going to do several long walk days during this half-term break, but other things have taken priority and I feel better for the rest this time. What's been interesting is how my pattern of doing 10,000 steps a day at work has altered as my current students need less running around after. Last year at this time I was smashing the Total Steps targets but struggling with the Continous Walking Brisk Pace ones, this year it's the other way round. January's total steps were very low, and whilst I've caught up, it's taken a lot of determination to stay caught up, but the CWBP targets are about a fortnight ahead.

Reactions: Goonergal

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not much yesterday as I was babysitting all day but managed 20 mins on the exercise bike first thing.
Today a fair bit of walking, >15k steps, some steep inclines and a killer set of steep steps up from a beach bar. Around 30 mins swimming, not very energetically.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Back at the gym for the first time for a while (my hip is worse than I thought) Bench 90kg 5x5, face pulls 3x10, dumbbell incline press 25kg 3x10 and then home all felt relatively ok. I've decided not to compete for the rest of the year (unless I just do a single lift comp) so I can get my hip sorted out.

Take care everyone.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Deadlift tonight worked up to 140kg 4x3, hip was not feeling it (really painful) so what do you do?? Put 160kg 2x2 to see if your hip is really sore.............. Yup...... Its agony. Finished with upright rows supersetted with pulley rows 3x15 then home to painkillers.

Fencer

Dislikes
Tomatoes. Mayo.
This thread seems ideal for what I'm doing. I'm aiming for frequent exercise, rather than intense. So I'm trying to do 30 minute sprint indoor cycling classes, 2-3 mile runs and going to an outdoor exercise class once per week when possible.

This last week's been bad though. I had a bit of a cold, so didn't do much.

Reactions: ianpspurs

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bench press last night worked up to 100kg 2x2 then a drop set of 4x4, just ticking along at the ,moment. I have added in some assistance work now to aid in my bench

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Trained legs last night to test how my rehab is going for my hip, Goblet squats, Landmine Squats, thigh extensions and that was it. Hip felt terrible so more rehab is in order but one training session at a time to see what progress is being made.

Take care everyone

Numan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
80 mile ride on Sunday, with Hamstring injury slowly improving but uncomfortable for last ten miles. Zumba class last night and physio tonight. Experimenting with food on the bike, Feta rolled up in ham seemed to work well!

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Trained last night Bench 100kg 3x4 then a set of 10, then deadlifts (just because I felt like it) 150kg 3x3 and then off home, at the minute its all technique work so nothing much really.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
signed up for another British Champs qualifier in September, must be mad, so training has ramped up significantly this week. Monday was deadlifts, deficit deadlifts 120kg 5x5, then Romanian deadlifts 70kg 3x10 supersetted with paused RDL's 3x5 then home. last night was bench press 100kg x10, paused board bench 110kg 5x5, D/B bench press 25kg 5x10, pec dec flies 40kg 3x10, front delt raises 15kg 3x10, side lat raises 12.5kg 3x10, tricep push downs 60kg 3x10 and finally rear delts. I have been sent a new training programme from someone to help me progress and its safe to say its a killer!!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good grief - I hadn't realised it was five weeks since I last posted here! Having got into a good routine, June was a bit pathetic on the walking front, with my lowest monthly totals and averages of both targets since recording began in January 2016. A combination of a lot of rain and a week off work ill were the culprits, along with a somewhat neglected garden needing some TLC when the weather was really nice, plus a mass of paperwork to catch up on after being off ill. (And I'm still playing catch-up, I discovered today.).

Anyway, the last week has seen it all back on track again and plans for the summer walking are doing very nicely. I'm sure I'll be back on track by the end of July.

Welcome, @Fencer , to the thread which helps keep me accountable!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That's got the summer's walking off to a good start, apart from the retreat home for the rain and predicted thunderstorm in about an hour's time! But, I love the feeling of freshness after a thunderstorm so planning an hour's walk after it, if it happens...

Of course, all this rain means my garden needs more attention this year which might have an effect on the walking.

So far, the plan is - indoor jobs on rainy days, garden jobs for a couple of hours on non-rainy days until it's back under control again and walking for as much as I can manage of the non-rainy days. It's working so far...

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
20-minute interval session. It was rather warm today.

Reactions: ickihun

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have Mountain Biked for the last 18 years, coached the sport for 10 of them so was aghast when diagnosed Type 2 in April. I should not have been surprised as on my rides I thrived on Bacon Sandwich, Cake and Flapjack, Pasta meals and Porridge for breakfast and had crept up to 103 Kilo, no wonder the hills were getting harder, I had put it down to my approaching 70th ah, ah. So I increased my Mountain Bike rides to at least 3 a week and 3 hours each session, it was very hard at first but as the Kilos fell off (now 80 Kilo in weight) the number of Kilometres increased and hills became a piece of cake, which of course I can't eat anymore lol. The real benefit is I am now pre-diabetic and all without meds.

So well done all who are working on their fitness no matter how small or great there are real benefits to be had, keep it up.

Reactions: Dadio

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2 hours Aerobic Mountain Biking on the technical trails of Cannock Chase.

First time I have had to cut my ride time down with a light head, I skipped the Electrolites in my water as I was worried about flavouring and sweetener that is in them. On returning checked my blood which was 5.8 so hypo not the reason, puzzled, and on a new learning curve.

Never boring this Type2 journey.