What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forgot to post yesterday and now I’m a zillion posts behind. Will catch up after this otherwise I’ll get sidetracked.
Yesterday 5.2 had a good day puppy class with Dennis in the morning I was so proud of him as he beetled around the obstacle course and it was nice for him to play with other puppies. Most owners of bigger dogs we meet don’t like to let their dog play with him in case they inadvertently hurt him. I doubt they would.
Later another walk round Pinetum Gardens with D and youngest daughter - treated her to a coffee and a cactus plant from the nursery there. She is crazy about cacti. I just don’t get the appeal, they all look quite ugly to me but she endows each with a character of its own and even ‘takes them on holiday’ to the back garden on a sunny day. Should I be worried about her?
This afternoon I have an interview with a Sun journalist who are running a piece on diabetes. I know a couple of other people on here are also doing interviews. Should be interesting but I doubt they’ll use my story. I’ve spoken to journalists before but my lack of ‘before’ photos taken when I was ill in hospital around the time of diagnosis usually puts them off - they want a ‘deaths door’ before and a ‘glowing health’ after discovering DCUK and lchf. Funnily enough nobody thought to take photos of me when I was looking so I’ll though!
Forgot to say fbg this morning 6.0 I don’t think I’ll mention that to the journo though. Best glossed over.

Your daughter must be a member of CAAI (Cactus Aficionados Anonymous International) :D. We have some honorable honorary members including Araminty Brown (mother of "National" Velvet Brown) and Margaret who runs the local free-rides-to-med-appts organization, and yours truly. We are a harmless bunch who just love the clean nonleafy lines of plants that are harmless too as long as we keep our cats and dogs away from them and keep in mind that our pet plants are not backups for our prescribed finger-prickers. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
not sure who you mean @ianpspurs

But like you i'm all for understanding other viewpoints.
sadly on here as well as in real life 'Tolerance' can sometimes only apply, like respect
FROM those who demand it of others, without themselves wishing to give it back, sadly.

Something that seems to grow from the social silo's, where no one who disagrees is allowed a voice, so of course those of certain viewpoints grow with an unhealthy idea that because all in their group agree with them, so must the rest of the world, and if they don't they are wrong.

Sure i've posted before re this, President Obama, covered it beautifully in one of his speeches.
paraphrase.." we must listen to other viewpoints, regardless of if we agree or not, because just maybe we might walk away with a "mmh, they DO make a good point"

a view i'm more then happy to take.and then make my own mind up.

Have a nice day fella.
Hope Julie feels a little better soon.

Patrick Henry said it first, way back circa 1776: "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it." ;)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the commiserations on my head pain.
@DJC3 I have to keep a migraine diary for 2 weeks and then go back to see the doc. That will be at the beginning of my week at summer camp so no chance of going then. I will try to get an appointment before I go but that is not as simple as it sounds.
A suppose a week at camp will be a kill or cure solution!! Just off our with the dogs for a stroll in the fresh air. I wish they were as obedient as Denis. You seem to have done a good job with him.
Take care

Oh no! Summer camp with your nightly migraines! I can’t begin to imagine how you are going to manage. I do remember you mentioning your 2 week diary though. You have my heartfelt sympathy. I really hope you can get an earlier appointment.
As for Dennis, it seems I spoke a bit too soon - he has been a whirling Dervish this afternoon, rushing round biting everything and everyone in his path Mr C is currently hoovering up the remains of his shoes! ( his own fault for leaving them on the doormat and not putting them away)

Reactions: HarryBeau and Viv19

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all :)

was 4.7 this morning

finally I've switched my hard drive and got my computer back up and running, just have to put back the programs etc. I use most ;) I had forgotten how many updates Windows does when you first install it :sorry:

We were out fairly early today because mum phoned to say the gutter over her bedroom window must be blocked because there was some water on the windowsill :(

Mr gee and I got dinner ready to go and then went off to deal with it since rain was forecast for the afternoon (and indeed the weatherman was correct in his conjecture). Fortunately mum's gutters are not as high as ours. Mr gee cleaned out the gutters and I stood underneath getting slightly splattered holding the ladder :hilarious:

As compensation we were able to have gooseberry fool made with fresh gooseberries from her garden after our meal.

Hope your Sunday is treating you well :)

Reactions: HarryBeau and Viv19

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Up late...FBG. 6.3

beautiful day yesterday with my Lauren of arabia.
Out for a walk in the sunshine, intending to find some where nice to eat, undecided on chinese, indian, thai or vietnamese.

met a few friends while out, so a nice old catch up before parting.

Lauren suggested a celebratory drink for the good scores, so it seemed rude to refuse.

She had tonic water and ice, i went for the good old paddy stand-by a Guinness.
(can't drink one without a nod to my dad, his favourite tipple.)
so pleasantly sat in the sunshine drinking the one drink, enjoying the company and chat.

Ambled off and after some mooching over a few restaurants decided on vietnamese..

New waiting staff it seemed, a little clueless, but friendly and it just added to the charm.
Owner nice right on the ball and interceded when i started asking about the beer selection.
Got into a nice conversation about the vietnamese beers on offer.
mentioned we were considering going next year..(been on the list for ages, ( Hoi an, if anyones been ?)

Lauren the food queen did the ordering, so we got pancakes, spring rolls and a prawn Phu soup, and Grilled fish with chilli soup for her.
Gratuitous Insta pics for those curious.
View attachment 34414

Like the other cuisines, but for me the Vietnamese is just a touch lighter with way more delicate flavours.

a pleasant stroll home, stopping of to get a few bits for the fridge and we were all good..

not sure of bloods pre meal, but heading out i was at 5.9
and once home, consider it around 2 hours after i started eating i was 7.1
beers (2) and foreign food.(noodles, pancake and spring roll batter:***:...) that seemed a decent score.

Both slightly pooped after all the fresh air, so sat down meaning to watch a film and both fell asleep on the couch..:hilarious:

Best wishes for a good day, all.

Drool, drool, I do like Vietnamese pho. Wonder if it can be shipped by “next” - order by midnight for next day delivery.

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

was 4.7 this morning

finally I've switched my hard drive and got my computer back up and running, just have to put back the programs etc. I use most ;) I had forgotten how many updates Windows does when you first install it :sorry:

We were out fairly early today because mum phoned to say the gutter over her bedroom window must be blocked because there was some water on the windowsill :(

Mr gee and I got dinner ready to go and then went off to deal with it since rain was forecast for the afternoon (and indeed the weatherman was correct in his conjecture). Fortunately mum's gutters are not as high as ours. Mr gee cleaned out the gutters and I stood underneath getting slightly splattered holding the ladder :hilarious:

As compensation we were able to have gooseberry fool made with fresh gooseberries from her garden after our meal.

Gooseberry fool - you have my sympathy. Typing this in a room that I remember as part of a field of gooseberries. Hated picking them and hated the taste of all of them apart from very ripe red ones. Good earners back in the day though but not a bush in sight around here today.

Reactions: gennepher

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

was 4.7 this morning

@geefull
let me keep this short and sweet..

when you married Mr G..you got yourself a 'keeper' girl..:D
( said in the voice of whoopi goldberg, from sister act )

(but on a more negative note..do cuff him around the ear and tell him off.
he's making the rest of us look bad...:wideyed:.. )

:bag::)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your daughter must be a member of CAAI (Cactus Aficionados Anonymous International) :D. We have some honorable honorary members including Araminty Brown (mother of "National" Velvet Brown) and Margaret who runs the local free-rides-to-med-appts organization, and yours truly. We are a harmless bunch who just love the clean nonleafy lines of plants that are harmless too as long as we keep our cats and dogs away from them and keep in mind that our pet plants are not backups for our prescribed finger-prickers. :)

Haha she’s in fine company then! I’ll tell her.
I must admit her collection look quite good - they all have funny little pots ( which she chooses to match their ‘character’!)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up early to a grey day & wondering how hot it will get later...yesterday emergency first aid for the pots & hanging baskets shoved a bunch of ice cubes in each so they would be able to retain some moisture slowly...I shall be out there shortly watering them again...of course not before coffee...woke to a 6.8.