Joyous movie

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Husband and I have just come home from seeing Mamma Mia. If you haven't yet seen it, it's the mosst joyous movie I've seen in ages. Huge fum!!

diabetesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I really enjoyed it too - a bit cheesy, but you just have to get into the spirit. A 'feel good' movie, for sure.

Katharine

I hated it !

I was just glad I hadn't dragged my husband along with me too. When he is subjected to a film he hates he will sing a song from it for about a year just to be annoying. Music of the Night and Truly Scrumptious are his "favourites". Thank heavens I won't have to listen to "Dancing Queen" from him.

diabetesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes, not really a bloke's film - I didn't take mine either - he can't stand Meryl Streep anyway!

Marz Barr

hi Katharine
i think we could possibily be married to the same man :lol: does he roll one trouser leg up in the street and sing we,re off to see the wizard. My 18 year old son has joined the R A F to get away from his singing he starts his basic training on the 17th of next month.
Wendie :mrgreen:

Katharine

Hi Wendie,

He doesn't really go in for public singing. Mainly very annoying repetetive sarcastic singing when he is making the breakfast and so forth.

So far it doesn't seem to be a genetically inherited trait.

jfairy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
rude people who show no respect to people in wheel chairs
really enjoyed it too ! my Daughters would not let me sing along ,wonder why !!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Katharine

My sister in law went to see it yesterday. The cinema had one "sing-a-long" showing and at the same time a "keep-your-face-shut" showing. (It is a cinema in Glasgow.)

I wouldn't be surprised if there were soon special sing and dress up like ABBA showings much in the same way as people dress as nuns and the von Trapp kids for the sound of music.

jeenie1940

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I really enjoyed it too, a real feel good film i reckon, i was feeling down last Wed and went to see it again, it did the job for me, must say i think its more for us girls , but my oh came with me on both occasions

Katharine

Jeenie, that is love.

The only problem is that if you ever get divorced he will argue in court that he is thereby entitled to the whole house, your car, your pension and your mum's silverware and the dog.

You should be okay and get the usual 50:50 split though...........as long as the Judge hasn't seen it too.