Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
Hi I woke this morning to a 7.3 reading on my fbg
Retested and was 6.8. Now I went to bed on a 5.1 and my normal levels are 5.0 to 5.7 . Went to work and tested again at 11:00 was still up at 6.6 . Any suggestions why this could be happening . I had a few drinks on Saturday but not to Darby about 4 pints of Coors light and when I tested before bed was at 5.0 . Had a roast pork dinner yesterday with green beans and butter and lots of water . Any info or insights would be gratefully recurved

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Any breakfast?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Poor night's sleep? Higher temp or humidity during the night? Brewing an infection, perhaps?

mariavontrapp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My readings are up at the moment,this always happens to me when the weather is hot and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it other than trying to keep hydrated. I live in Yorkshire so doesn't happen too often!

Reactions: Gaffer type 1

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a bad sore throat recently, the first one I’ve had since my Type 2 diagnosis and my blood sugars knew a clear three days before I did! Maybe brewing something Peadair?

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I had a bad sore throat recently, the first one I’ve had since my Type 2 diagnosis and my blood sugars knew a clear three days before I did! Maybe brewing something Peadair?
Hope not Rachox . I’m feeling fine no probs . Weather never really affected me before . Been in the canaries and it was high 30s no probs with the bloods . Hoping it’s not an overload of protein . Just tested now , and it’s still at 6 . Really annoyed about it . Had bacon and eggs and coffee n cream this morning after testing and it went up by 11 o clock . Just honna have coffee n cream today till dinner time and see what happens .if it’s high again tomorrow. I’ll fast from breakfast to teatime after breakfast though

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope not Rachox . I’m feeling fine no probs . Weather never really affected me before . Been in the canaries and it was high 30s no probs with the bloods . Hoping it’s not an overload of protein . Just tested now , and it’s still at 6 . Really annoyed about it . Had bacon and eggs and coffee n cream this morning after testing and it went up by 11 o clock . Just honna have coffee n cream today till dinner time and see what happens .if it’s high again tomorrow. I’ll fast from breakfast to teatime after breakfast though
I hope you’re not sick either, but I was actually quite relieved when I woke up on the fourth day with the sore throat. I had no clue as to why my sugars were high leading up to that day! I hope you find an answer soon :)

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I hope you’re not sick either, but I was actually quite relieved when I woke up on the fourth day with the sore throat. I had no clue as to why my sugars were high leading up to that day! I hope you find an answer soon :)
Yeah thanks . I’ll see what happens when I get home from work . If I’m back down in the 5s I’ll put it down to to many pints on Saturday and to much pork yesterday . Maybe the liver hadn’t aught up by the time I gad the pork and it bounced me this morning .
Oh the joys of T2

M

Member496333

From my own personal experience (when I was extremely insulin resistant) this is precisely what used to happen to me when I ate too much protein in the preceding days. Of course that doesn’t mean that the same applies to you, but I wouldn’t be in the least bit surprised.

Reactions: PamJHS

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah thanks . I’ll see what happens when I get home from work . If I’m back down in the 5s I’ll put it down to to many pints on Saturday and to much pork yesterday . Maybe the liver hadn’t aught up by the time I gad the pork and it bounced me this morning .
Oh the joys of T2

In this intense heat, where are you storing your strips and meter? Strips need to be kept cool and away from high humidity, and in the original tubs/foil/whatever so not exposed to humidity or high heat.

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
In this intense heat, where are you storing your strips and meter? Strips need to be kept cool and away from high humidity, and in the original tubs/foil/whatever so not exposed to humidity or high heat.
Hi
I store them in their case in the tub . Might start putting it in the fridge

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
From my own personal experience (when I was extremely insulin resistant) this is precisely what used to happen to me when I ate too much protein in the preceding days. Of course that doesn’t mean that the same applies to you, but I wouldn’t be in the least bit surprised.
I have been eating a fair bit of protein for the last 18 months . Because I’m not a lover of rabbit food . My low carb regime is very meaty and cheesy eggy. With cream and coffee . So could be it as I went a bit over the top with the meat yesterday