What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hot, trending towards scorchio and BBC took the liberty of having some woman on the 6 O'clock news talking from my back garden:angelic: Very samey menu again but 7 consecutive days being able to function totally exceeds my expectations so change ain't gonna come anytime soon. B = tea a plenty. 14.00 hrs flaxseed and PHP not cracker with 4 egg h/m mayo. Did eat some Cornish blue and garlic and herb cheddar while making that. Evening meal - approx 4.5 hrs later - cheddar, twiska gouda and avocado salad with plenty chia seeds and extra drizzle of EVO. One does find the snack cucumbers amusing. More herby garlic cheddar while making.
You will be smiling all the time @DJC3 once we are led by that overstuffed Oxfam bag looky likey.

Glad that whatever you are doing is working.

Reactions: Viv19

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Not brave, just greedy, love champagne.
Have now managed to finish making the bed, do the dinner, washing up pending, water the veggies, heavy dose, they will probably be without for 5 days, am now engaged in packing seedlings too fragile to leave behind.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.4 FBG 6.7- Intended to start ironing for the packing but dripping hot so, short of moving ironing outside I gave it a miss. Eventful morning at Aqua. As you know my legs have been bad and I failed to pay attention to where my feet were (when you lack sensation you have to watch your feet). I successfully fell over my own feet and came clattering down. On my left side. That started panic stations at the pool but I fall over a lot so I know how to fall - go floppy like a baby. I do, however, have a substantial bruise coming up on my hip though. I did the Aqua class though.
B. TAG with ADOC. Then off to fall over at Aqua.
L. A toasted Skinny roll with pate pate
D. Remains of the chicken cacciatore with cauliflower mash. SF Jelly, raspberries and 2 bits Green & Black raspberry and hazelnut.
@ianpspurs - we're up to season 7 of Spooks. They were certainly ahead of their time.
@DJC3 - I can relate to how you felt. Much as I loved my job , I didn't like being the centre of attention but you have no choice if you're in front of 600 people so you become someone else - and perform! Must admit there were a few days though you asked - why do I do this?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 6.4 FBG 6.7- Intended to start ironing for the packing but dripping hot so, short of moving ironing outside I gave it a miss. Eventful morning at Aqua. As you know my legs have been bad and I failed to pay attention to where my feet were (when you lack sensation you have to watch your feet). I successfully fell over my own feet and came clattering down. On my left side. That started panic stations at the pool but I fall over a lot so I know how to fall - go floppy like a baby. I do, however, have a substantial bruise coming up on my hip though. I did the Aqua class though.
D. Remains of the chicken cacciatore with cauliflower mash. SF Jelly, raspberries and 2 bits Green & Black raspberry and hazelnut.
@ianpspurs - we're up to season 7 of Spooks. They were certainly ahead of their time.
@DJC3 - I can relate to how you felt. Much as I loved my job , I didn't like being the centre of attention but you have no choice if you're in front of 600 people so you become someone else - and perform! Must admit there were a few days though you asked - why do I do this?
Hug for the fall but it may give you a good reason to watch more spooks. Season 10 here @maglil55 - shows what a mad social whirl we lead and yes, it was rather prescient .

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another busy dog entertaining day! Harder work when hot and need to be indoors more with him but got out very very early for long walk and plan to do same tomorrow first thing too.
Electrolytes worked for cramps last night - very good news think you use them @ianpspurs ?
Hoping will work tonight too.
Breakfast half slice of Hilo bread, bacon and egg - after long early dog walk
Lunch cheese, celery, walnuts and lc seeded crispbreads followed by 100% choc three squares of montezumas absolut Black
Dinner two lamb chops, cauliflower cheese and asparagus and mushrooms followed by sf jelly with spoon of yoghurt and cream
@DJC3 lookforward to seeing yours and Dennis’s photos - the things we do to spread the message hey?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another busy dog entertaining day! Harder work when hot and need to be indoors more with him but got out very very early for long walk and plan to do same tomorrow first thing too.
Electrolytes worked for cramps last night - very good news think you use them @ianpspurs ?
Lunch cheese, celery, walnuts and lc seeded crispbreads followed by 100% choc three squares of montezumas absolut Black
Dinner two lamb chops, cauliflower cheese and asparagus and mushrooms followed by sf jelly with spoon of yoghurt and cream
@DJC3 lookforward to seeing yours and Dennis’s photos - the things we do to spread the message hey?
Good news about the electrolytes and cramps @shelley262. I don't tend to get cramps but started using them when I had the hot to trots earlier this year.

Reactions: gennepher

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Ouch! Hugs for the fall. Swimming pool tiled floors are so hard!
Talking in front of 600 people would be my worst nightmare. I’m almost having palpitations just thinking about it.

Reactions: Viv19 and maglil55

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Electrolytes worked for cramps last night - very good news think you use them
Hi Shelley, can you explain about Electrolytes for preventing night cramps please?
Thanks a lot Liz

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Are you using arnica cream on that bruise? Hope it's not too painful.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hugs for the cramps. Are the electrolytes just like Dioralyte or more specific minerals?
Re the photos: Dennis is definitely more photogenic than me.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: rollitos with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt, LC granola and raspberries.
Mid afternoon at Nero’s: peanut phd bar and coconut cappuccino.
Dinner: cauliflower and broccoli cheese with Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Edited to add my main course of lunch which I had omitted!

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No - just getting on with it. I'm dosed up on paracetamol but I was taking that anyway for the bad legs. You'd think I would know by now to watch my feet when my legs are bad but, having retrained them to do things again over the years, I can get a bit complacent- then down you go. My worst one was when I fell over my feet on our deck and battered the side of my face on the ground. I was concentrating so hard on missing the little wall in that area that I stopped paying attention to where my head was going. Ended up with a black eye, huge bruise on the chin as well as painful hips.

Reactions: Viv19
D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Leftover curried chicken, was hotter than the day before.
Dinner: Steak and veggies, onion gravy.
Breakfast: Usual omelette, smokey bacon, tomatoes, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee no additives, water.

Talking of drinks, there is a new distilery opened up in Bundaberg recently, Kalki Moon. They are making gin and vodka and liquers, my partner had tried the gin and reckon's it's a good drop. In some of advertising blurb at the bowls club they are going to export it to the UK.

You have you be 18 years or older to enter the site.

https://kalkimoon.com/

D

Deleted member 308541

Reactions: ianpspurs and Viv19

Viv19

No - just getting on with it. I'm dosed up on paracetamol but I was taking that anyway for the bad legs. You'd think I would know by now to watch my feet when my legs are bad but, having retrained them to do things again over the years, I can get a bit complacent- then down you go. My worst one was when I fell over my feet on our deck and battered the side of my face on the ground. I was concentrating so hard on missing the little wall in that area that I stopped paying attention to where my head was going. Ended up with a black eye, huge bruise on the chin as well as painful hips.

Ouch!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hugs. Hope you feel better and the bruise goes away quickly.
I fell as well yesterday. In a shop. I had just updated my tablets on their wifi where I had eaten breakfast. They were in my backpack. On my back. Went into this shop. Was turning round in the aisle when my right foot caught on something sticking out from the shelf. I totally unbalanced. And I went flat on my back and backpack...

I know how to fall from doing Aikido many years ago. But it didn't include training on how not to fall flat on my back. But I did manage to partially curl in, as I do when I normally fall down. I never "save" myself by putting arms and hands out, because that is where I have seen permanent hand injuries in older people.

Got home. Both Android tablets played dead with the little green robot also lying flat on his back...

But, after a few scary moments, I managed a reboot, and got both working again...

I just need to reboot myself now from sore back, sore neck and sore shoulders ...

You did well doing the aqua class. It probably helped a lot from the after effects of the fall. Take care.

>^..^<

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55 and Viv19