USDA Food Committee 2020 Representations

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Possibly one of the most important committees has been hearing representations over the last week, from all sides of the dietary and food related interests. The decisions they make will affect world in my opinion.

Dr. Darren Schmidt has a few choice moments the video he has compiled. I was astonished at some of the out of date claims some usual contributors were still able to tout, but there were also some uncomfortable, for them, propositions from persons who I respect, such as Dr Sarah Hallberg:

The original videos are here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPtmylrUkGoDkAAWMaUH91A

Reactions: kokhongw

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm listening to Day 2 tonight. Haven't heard Nina Tiecholz yet. So far I've heard Georgia Edes and Sarah Hallberg. The food industry is represented, also there are lots of doctors presenting. Interesting...

Oh and Cate Shanahan spoke out against industrial seed oils. That was good.

Last edited:

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like in the land of the free... the freedom to choose our food is not a God given right...

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
kokhongw, it's even a bigger problem than that. Other countries often adapt our nutritional guidelines and they're not based on science, which is what Nina Tiecholz, founder of the Nutrition Coalition is trying to make known to the government and public. I sleep better at night knowing she's fighting for us.

You can find her statement on Day 2 at 1 hour 25 minutes. It appears she was attempting to detail as much of the problem as she could in her statement, which I assume will become part of the permanent record.

Reactions: kokhongw