T1 food.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Today I bought some red lentil penne, slightly lower in carb but it looks interesting. I'm not sure what to do with it as it's a rather jolly red/orangey colour. Ideas anyone?

My red lentil pasta cooked very quickly, so I would watch it carefully. You could have chicken, bacon, pepper's some mushrooms too, I had my pasta dish with a herb dressing.

Reactions: SueJB

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
My red lentil pasta cooked very quickly, so I would watch it carefully. You could have chicken, bacon, pepper's some mushrooms too, I had my pasta dish with a herb dressing.
I thought I got the idea of this pasta from you @Robinredbreast. I've got some left over chicken so that would do. How do you make the herb dressing?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tonight I made a gf chicken pitta bread pizza and only 20 carbs too :)
DSC_0709.JPG

Reactions: Knikki

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Thanks to @Robinredbreast for the red lentil penne idea.This was my version, sour cream, squirt of lemon, fresh oregano, spring onions, red pepper and chicken, quick nip of cayenne.
Have to say the penne was amazingly filling
IMG_2946.JPG
but yummy

Reactions: Robinredbreast

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Eton mess tonight. Roughly 50g carbs. Bg 4.4.....2.5 units of fiasp....let's see how this goes
20190701_212316.jpeg

Reactions: WuTwo and SueJB

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I should have not clicked on here now feel hungry for that Eton Mess :rolleyes::hilarious:

Had a low about an hour after, sorted with jelly babies. Then a high at around 4am (14!)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I made Chow Mein last night, but with left over beef from Sunday, it made a nice change.
DSC_0722.JPG

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
How Low?

I would have ignored it because I would have guessed that that would hit several hours later :) but that's just me and I don't quite fly by the rules :)

High 2's....and felt like poop!!! shakes and everything. I didn't think the meringue/cream/strawberries would last long!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Vegetarian shawarma with some onions, mushrooms and bell pepper. Without the pita but with extra garlic sauce (mayonnaise, garlic, drop of water, drop of lemon juice) and hot sauce, a simple salad with a dressing of mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper and corn with butter and salt.
Not a clue about the carb count, which doesn't really matter as I forgot to inject anyway :banghead:

Tasted wonderful, and it turns out I like this shawarma (Vivera) better than the meat one from the supermarket. Not as much as the one from my neighbour's ram, though, but that's all gone by now.

66739924_10218014648032109_8549193610266935296_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WuTwo

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
salmon.jpg

Salmon tonight. This is what it should have looked like from the cookbook. My version didn't quite make the photo cut, but it was tasty. Seriously, who has time to decorate it like in the picture? I was way too hungry.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I found this website. I haven't tried any of the recipes yet but they look interesting
https://twosleevers.com/

Twosleevers is excellent, in my experience, Sue.

Many of her recipes are LC or Keto, although not all, and her flavours are stunning.

If you've been reading twosleevers, but haven't made her Butter Chicken yet, you've not lived. You'll be an Instant Potter before you know it. :)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I use Mary Berry's Complete cookbook and everything from Jamie Oliver. They're either already keto or low carb, else very easy to leave the spoon of flour out or pasta or potatoes or rice or bread.