Food for people with diabetes

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Hi @tuanteo welcome. Your profile is a little sparse in detail. It is not clear if you are Type 1, 2, LADA. In general if you are an omnivore, then go for any meat, fish, shell fish of which I would recommend the quality that fits your budget (be wary of supermarkets, some of which add sugar to meat). High meat content sausages, bacon and the like.

If you like / tolerate dairy, this is a good option.

Any fruit ending in berry

A few nuts, apart from cashews (25% carb) and peanuts (ASDA do a brand at 4% carbs per 100 grams though, so this is choice)

As for veg, courgettes, broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, toms, mushrooms, greens.

Drinks, tea, coffee, water (sparkling is good), fruit teas.

If you are Vegan or Vegetarian, just say so and others will help.

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Thanks @Rokaab. I hadn't noticed but all good anyway.

On the food side, it will be interesting around my place from now. Mrs Croc has to have her gallbladder out. Her diet will be plenty of carbs and low fat. The polar opposite to me. Fun times ahead.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Does @daisy1 still post the good reference sheet.
Any time you think the daisy sheet is useful, just copy/paste the link :)
It's found in the signatures of every moderator and also as a sticky thread on page 1 of greetings and introductions.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @Rokaab. I hadn't noticed but all good anyway.

On the food side, it will be interesting around my place from now. Mrs Croc has to have her gallbladder out. Her diet will be plenty of carbs and low fat. The polar opposite to me. Fun times ahead.
Just a quick note to say, I have had my gallbladder out and LCHF suits me just fine!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just a quick note to say, I have had my gallbladder out and LCHF suits me just fine!
Agree! I had my first very fatty meal 4 days after having it out and nothing untowards happened. Most people do it a little more careful, but I wasn't the one cooking and this was the day I suddenly was ravenous after a few days of not being hungry from the op.
If I remember correctly, official advice is that after a while, most pople can eat everything again (at least in the Netherlands) so I'd definitely experiment before deciding you can't have much fats anymore.
Good luck to the both of you!

D

Deleted member 308541

Can you help me with good foods for people with diabetes?
Meat of all flavours, beef pork, mutton, goat, bacon, ham, dairy stuff, eggs, cheese, butter. Brocolli, cauliflower, salad stuff tomatoes etc.

You will get a great meal out of that lot if you mix and match.