Using the myfitnesspal app

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm using the free version of the myfitnesspal app: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login It's working better for me than others I've tried, but on my phone, I really get annoyed at the adverts and am wondering whether to pay up for the 'premium' version. Has anyone here done that, and if so, was it worth the extras?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I use the paid version, and much prefer it - but I may have to give up that luxury when I go back to being a student... Although being able to set specific targets for different days is very useful. It’s much more flexible.

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the paid version, and much prefer it - but I may have to give up that luxury when I go back to being a student... Although being able to set specific targets for different days is very useful. It’s much more flexible.

Thanks for the feedback. Online, it comes out with mixed reviews - cheaper options, etc - but it depends what your priorities are, doesn't it? As regards the cost, I keep telling myself that if I end up eating less overall, my food budget ought to cover it!

Reactions: jjraak

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Which other apps have you tried? I never got on with MFP, the values were too inaccurate for me. I liked fitday.com for a long time, but now I prefer cronometer, as I can use it on the phone and laptop.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I use the premium version of myfitnesspal as you can set a low carbohydrate goal and get more macronutrient information, to see you your diet is balanced.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use the free version on mobile......

Cant recall seeing any adverts....if there is I haven't noticed anyway...

All I am using is the food diary though.....just a a means to get the carbs for meals, as opposed to a weight loss tool...

Reactions: jjraak

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Which other apps have you tried? I never got on with MFP, the values were too inaccurate for me. I liked fitday.com for a long time, but now I prefer cronometer, as I can use it on the phone and laptop.
I honestly can't remember what I tried first, back when I was first diagnosed T2 in 2015, but I remember giving up. I recently tried the one that comes along with the low carb programme: https://www.lowcarbprogram.com/app/#/food-diary I'm following that program (to some extent), but not using its food diary which I just found clunky. With the inaccuracies in MFP, I notice them and after just starting to pay more attention, am at the stage of having most of the foods I'm regularly recording with details I now think are correct. But I'll have a look at cronometer now, for comparison.

Reactions: Larissima

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the free version on mobile......

Cant recall seeing any adverts....if there is I haven't noticed anyway...

All I am using is the food diary though.....just a a means to get the carbs for meals, as opposed to a weight loss tool...

Mine opens up on the home page with an advert filling most of the screen!