Medical alert systems

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
I got mine by googling "diabetes alert" & "medical alert" to see what was about.
Then I went to Amazon.co.uk and chose. Few days to wait, while it was set up, and hey-ho.
Code arrived. All seemlessly. All very nice.
But it has not yet been tested, so I fail to help you there I'm afraid.

Reactions: Kerri5981

Kerri5981

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Insulin
I got mine by googling "diabetes alert" & "medical alert" to see what was about.
Then I went to Amazon.co.uk and chose. Few days to wait, while it was set up, and hey-ho.
Code arrived. All seemlessly. All very nice.
But it has not yet been tested, so I fail to help you there I'm afraid.
Thanks, I've done that and was kinda overwhelmed!
That was why I asked

D

Deleted member 308541

I would love to hear from people who have used the versions that either have a chip or QR style code.
I have a medical id card on a lanyard, this has a QR Code on the back of it, reasonably priced and it was a one off payment not a subscripion.

I got it not because I am T2, but take Xaralto which is a blood anticoagulant.

Hs9G6ul.jpg

Here's the back in this pix.

medical-card-768x576.jpg

https://quollmedical.com.au/

Shiba Park

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can get silicone bands quite cheaply, as I say, I just use a pet tag on a bangle as it can be replaced or updated cheaply. Mine literally just says T1 diabetes on one side and “Omnipod insulin pump NOVORAPID” on the other. That’s all that’s needed in an emergency.
I have something similar, but I've also included my ICR and ISF. I'm very insulin sensitive so it's an attempt to minimise the chances of being given too much insulin if I'm totally incapacitated.

Reactions: LooperCat

Kerri5981

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a medical id card on a lanyard, this has a QR Code on the back of it, reasonably priced and it was a one off payment not a subscripion.

I got it not because I am T2, but take Xaralto which is a blood anticoagulant.

Hs9G6ul.jpg

Here's the back in this pix.

medical-card-768x576.jpg

https://quollmedical.com.au/
Thank you
I see it says (.com.au) I'm guessing that means Australia....wonder if they'd let this "whingeing Pom" join lol x

D

Deleted member 308541

Thank you
I see it says (.com.au) I'm guessing that means Australia....wonder if they'd let this "whingeing Pom" join lol x
It is Australian, the last time I went through the blurb it was available to anyone anywhere as it is web based. If you runa QR Code reader over that one in the pix it shows Mickey Mouse's account.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not on insulin, blood sugar lowering meds, or aanything else time critical, so can't offer any personal experience.

My knee jerk reaction is that these electronic gizmos and codes are all well and good where there's an internet signal, or the person finding you understands what they mean.

Were I badly incapacitated, and found by a total lay person, say collapsed in a shop or such, I'd quitelike them to be able to read something simple over the phone to the emergency services, thus maybe saving valuable time.

That said, I don't possess and form of medicalert.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I carry my full prescription in my wallet and regularly update it with the surgery so that it doesn't list meds I no longer use. My surgery is very helpful in that regard luckily.

I have an ICE app on my phone that shows on my lockscreen and will open to give access to my medical conditions, and there's a button press to ring my emergency contacts (without showing their names etc).

I also have an ID bracelet with a dangly diabetes tag but I'm aware I need a combo diabetes/epilepsy one. I'm just too cheap to pay for a special one to be done. (Sadly I can't wear those neoprene ones); I break out in hives.

Reactions: Knikki

Kerri5981

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Insulin
It is Australian, the last time I went through the blurb it was available to anyone anywhere as it is web based. If you runa QR Code reader over that one in the pix it shows Mickey Mouse's account.
oh yeah lol x

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Of course, you could always carry your full prescription but just strike through those you don't use and put a little note at the bottom saying "struck through because no longer used" or some such.