JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
On hot days if pollen count is high I tend to use the AC in the car switch to internal circulation and keep the windows closed seems to filter out the pollen a bit.

I can't take antihistamine so it helps ease my hay fever.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok I stand corrected :) - all I do is travel in a passenger seat air con on full and a bottle of water - never given the workings of things a thought lol Surely sipping water regularly would remedy this - works for me

:D I did state my initial reservations regarding the comment.:oops:

All I know is as a driver, I'd be less inclined to be intermittently drinking fluids...;) The whole "due care" thang..

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:D I did state my initial reservations regarding the comment.:oops:

All I know is as a driver, I'd be less inclined to be intermittently drinking fluids...;) The whole "due care" thang..
Sorry @Jaylee I don't really understand your comment here? Am I missing something?

Incidentally it's just been discussed on the news and if you are out in the heat and sweating it's advisable to double or even treble your fluid intake

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry @Jaylee I don't really understand your comment here? Am I missing something?

Incidentally it's just been discussed on the news and if you are out in the heat and sweating it's advisable to double or even treble your fluid intake

Advice like that could be harmful. All that water could really knock electrolytes out, drink to thirst.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Advice like that could be harmful. All that water could really knock electrolytes out, drink to thirst.

Not my advice I want to add it was on the news, and I suppose it's all relative really, depending on what your normal intake is in the first place - and with today's diet of most people of shed load of carbs and prossessed food they will be getting enough salt anyway I would have thought

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Cana - Time and again, you comment you can't do x, y or z because the meds you are taking make you wee a lot. There's no arguing those meds do make you pee a lot, becaause that's exactly what they're designed to do.

It has struck for for some time, that if you are to continue to take meds, then it could be pertinent to have a discussion with your doctor about maybe trying a different medication.

I learned a while ago, there are over 400 combinations of oral medications available to otreat Type 2 diabetes. So, whilst that is combinations, it demonstrates there are highly likely to be options that might give you a more comfortable life, and afford you more flexibility as far as your working days are concerned.

Just thought for consideration.

D

Deleted member 308541

If you have to urinate, you have to urinate.

The more you hang on by not going, is going to stuff your kidneys most probably.

Reactions: HSSS

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
If you have to urinate, you have to urinate.

The more you hang on by not going, is going to stuff your kidneys most probably.
Or worse think of the sad case of Tycho Brahe the astronomer.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
So today here it’s supposed to be 39 degrees. Work itself isn’t issue as I’m in a nice air conditioned car.
But I can’t drink enough.

Can only go to toilet between lessons and this isn’t enough in this heat.

Yesterday stomach just started to feel but off. Not bad but you know when it’s a bit grumbly and just doesn’t feel right. Upper stomach not lower..

Anyway, am pondering whether it’s silly to make myself work in this heat (albeit air con available) because of the drinking situation.

Luckily first lesson cancelled or I’d be out there now. Have two lessons till mid afternoon then one tonight at 5.30.

So couple options: work the 2 lessons then come home and cancel last one.
Work all of them

Cancel all of them and stay at home and drink.

My pee hasn’t been clear all week. Isn’t as dark as it was earlier in week but even during day after drinking it’s still yellow.albeit a light yellow. Earlier in the week it was smelling if popcorn which I’ve read shows it’s very sugary. That’s gone now.

Part of me is thinking I’m asking for trouble if I work and don’t drink enough the other part of me hates having time off as I feel like I can push myself and make myself do it. Also feel like I’m skiving.

Also issue if breakfast. I have a fry up but that’s just going to make me even hotter.

Overall I feel iffy. I don’t feel right. But I guess everyone is like this in this heat.

Also issue I don’t get paid if I don’t work as self employed but taking a day off could stop me getting iller later.

I know you guys can’t tell me what to do but some advice please?
@Cana lead the way on advising your pupils stay hydrated and been to toilet before you begin each lesson. Good safety on the road, right?

Reactions: HSSS

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
@Cana lead the way on advising your pupils stay hydrated and been to toilet before you begin each lesson. Good safety on the road, right?

I go to the toilet between every lesson unless absolutely impossible to do.

I’m not quite sure what the point of your comment is?