Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Sleepy good morning all. Finally dropped off in the early hours, seems like 5 mins ago. How can you be so cheerful and energetic after a short night’s sleep @Robinredbreast?
Lovely and cool compared with yesterday, so far. Haven’t found out, yet, what that copter was doing on the field last night.
Have a good day y’all.

Lol. will power FG, will power.
I have trouble sleeping anyway, so whilst on a school run I heard about a sleep advertisment on the radio to help people with their sleep problems, I googled it, but not had time to read it all, so I will try and find out more over the weekend and sign up.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.9 this morning, not too bad after a large pasta dish last night. Feeling not so hot today but I still got up extra early to walk the dog - got in the car to go to work and the car said 20 degrees C, it said about 23 yesterday at about the same time so eeek:eek:! but today is cloudier and theres a good breeze.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So have survived, just! Levels just kept rising all night. Bedroom didn’t go below 30 all night. No rain here either til 5 mins ago when we had a hailstorm!!!
Have 2 yr old grandson sleeping over tonight for first time. Hopefully it will be cooler. Apparently they had a game with him last night as he wouldn’t settle without being wrapped in his little quilt. They even took the quilt out so he could just use the cover, but no it would not do. Think we may have dodged a bullet if tonight is cooler.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning.

Its about 20 degrees outside so its nice walk in to the office and its past 29 already ~sigh~ least I have shorts on and yes I do look like a reject from the Concert Party.

Well looks like I have joined in the fun even though I had Pizza last night seems I got the dose sort of right and woke in the low 3's so not bad, before you ask I was above 4 before I drove in to work and now COFFEE, but no ice :)

Happy warm sweaty day yaw all.

@karen8967 17weeks? This is this is the UK it will be that a week on Wednesday :hilarious:
probably knikki :hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: WuTwo and Marie 2

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
good morning everyone seems a bit cooler here in liverpool today albiet not much we had some spectacular downpours yesterday hope everyone has a good day ive got painting to do which im not looking forward to but needs must then off to visit the ninjas (grandsons):happy:

Reactions: hh1 and Alison54321

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning colanders, just woken up but haven’t looked out the window yet! Going on CFR call for the day, currently we’re buddying up based on whose car has aircon. Not my HideousSmallDiesel, so I’m in charge of the comma and defibrillator for the day. Expecting lots of Nanas down with heat issues!

Those bunnies look gorgeous @Antje77 !

Hope you can all stay cool and level, not keen on leaving my fridge if a house to venture outside but need must, eh?

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, woke around 6 am on 6.1, this has been strangely consistent for the last few days, but the overnight daily graphs are all a different shape.

Anyway, cooler today, and more pleasant. Went and had a wander round a few exhibitions at the Edinburgh art festival yesterday, as it's all quite nearby. I don't know, I just don't know, I really don't know, I just don't know, the volunteers are so sweet and polite, but I find myself longing just to look at some nice amateur landscape painting by almost anyone, by the end of it all.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Phew, home again. Now - breakfast. Dogs first, then ours lol.

Mind you I have no idea what to eat.

Reactions: Alison54321

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh @Mel dCP I saw you had commented on the 'theres no such thing as scientific proof' thread and I thought here we go! this should be interesting coming from a self confessed scientist..............o_O! :hilarious:

Reactions: porl69

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Oh @Mel dCP I saw you had commented on the 'theres no such thing as scientific proof' thread and I thought here we go! this should be interesting coming from a self confessed scientist..............o_O! :hilarious:
I’m not entirely sure I can be bothered there, I’ve got sweaty nanas to pick up! But without blowing my own trumpet I do have three biology/biochemistry degrees...

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Saviour of the Sweaty Nanas. A new superhero.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That was a good reminder to check the banana in the Emergency Out for the Day Snack box - it was heading to being a very sweaty 'nana so it's gone in the freezer for banana loaf making at a future date.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
We bought ice lollies! Proper ones with a hint of "I once saw a piece of fruit" in them. I'm looking forward to that later, but somehow lollies don't go with my illicit extra mug of black coffee ....

Edited for spelling ...

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 those rabbits are gorgeous. I hope they don't find their way into your beautiful oven.
Have no fear! I really do not like the taste of rabbit, so even if they turn out to be horrible rabbits they'll get to stay until they die of natural causes :)

If those are girl guinea pigs the male rabbits will love them - too much - when they grow up. It's a known thing - male bunnies kept with female guinea pigs attempt rape - a lot.

I had rabbits and guineas and we had to keep them seperate for just that reason. My little girls were so much happier when it was just them. I did love those girlies, who became the residents in our care home for aged guinea pigs, and were kept happy and spoiled all of their little lives.
I'll keep a close eye on it, and if necessary, the pen is big enough to divide. Sometimes it works, especially when they have lots of room and aren't bored, sometimes it doesn't, in which case I'll adapt their housing :)

They have names too, now: Owie and Suus, as they probably think those are their names anyway after the car drive. Oh, wie süss is German for Oh, how cute :hilarious:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Best ice cream I can only ever get in Turkey, Carte D'Or, lemon ice cream OMG its soooooo delish. Cant get it in UK:arghh::arghh::arghh:
Agree with the Turkish Lemon ice cream...its is sooooooo lush. BUT the bestest ice cream in the world has to be Joe's in Swansea. "Everything else is just ice cream"

Reactions: Knikki and smc4761

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good afternoon oh holey ones

Well the temp basal proved a disaster! woke to a 15 :( So will be taking that off Mike today!
Sat on a level 6 now, I am happy with that BUT my DSN wont be!
I looked in to buying a Mr Whippy ice cream machine a few years ago.....OH MY WORD they are bleeding expensive.....I just wait for the ice cream man to come around now :)
@Knikki nowt wrong with an out of date penguin :) :)
@Antje77 slow cooked rabbit is the best.....BUT your rabbits look tooooooo nice to put in the slow cooker

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all, was up and out early this morning, things to do, people to see. Had a shower of rain which wasn't enough to even wet the garden table and that's it! Every other decent shower and proper storm has passed me by; I've heard thunder, there was lightning a mile away and still no proper rain here. I loathe doing it but had to put the sprinkler on for a little while last night as even some of my tough as old boots plants were drooping dramatically.

@helensaramay my current sensor seems to be accurate enough when things are stable but running a long time behind drops and rises. I don't know if it's been affected by the heat, or how hot I am (I know there was a discussion on here a day or two ago about hot baths and showers affecting sensors), just wondered if it's possible and if so, whether yours is behaving the same way?