What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

D

Deleted member 308541

Can anyone tell me why it’s called ‘corned’ beef? I’ve always wondered. Your homemade one looks great @Tipetoo
I can't really remember why it's called corned for salt silverside and brisket I did know, pork is always called pickled pork here.

Reactions: DJC3
D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Houlomi cheese chips both plain and chilli cut into 10mm slices and grilled. The four 180 gram packets we bought have all gone so going to have get more.
Dinner: Steak and veggies, gravy.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushtoom omelette, bacon, tomatoes, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee / tea no additives, water.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch yesterday: Houlomi cheese chips both plain and chilli cut into 10mm slices and grilled. The four 180 gram packets we bought have all gone so going to have get more.
Dinner: Steak and veggies, gravy.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushtoom omelette, bacon, tomatoes, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee / tea no additives, water.
Good news you liked the Halloumi since you were unsure about it.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday’s food was:
Breakfast: usual slice HiLo toast, butter, tea x2
Lunch: egg mayo with little gem leaves, cucumber, 1 tomato.
Supper: 3 pan fried scallops followed by Halibut steak with tenderstem brocolli.
2 G&ST lots of water.

I have now completely got over any snacking between meals but if I need a ‘lift’ I turn to coffee. I never know what sort of coffee I like at home. We have a Tassimo which Son 2 who is a real ‘coffee head’ uses but I dont. If friends drop in I make a cafetière. I have tried the American granules (half instant, half ground beans they say) but dont really find that much different to instant granules and it costs more. Yesterday in Sainsburys I studied the coffee shelf for longer than any sensible person would reading the jars etc and finally settled on Blend 37 which I always liked but havent bought in years.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday’s food was:
Breakfast: usual slice HiLo toast, butter, tea x2
Lunch: egg mayo with little gem leaves, cucumber, 1 tomato.
Supper: 3 pan fried scallops followed by Halibut steak with tenderstem brocolli.
2 G&ST lots of water.

I have now completely got over any snacking between meals but if I need a ‘lift’ I turn to coffee. I never know what sort of coffee I like at home. We have a Tassimo which Son 2 who is a real ‘coffee head’ uses but I dont. If friends drop in I make a cafetière. I have tried the American granules (half instant, half ground beans they say) but dont really find that much different to instant granules and it costs more. Yesterday in Sainsburys I studied the coffee shelf for longer than any sensible person would reading the jars etc and finally settled on Blend 37 which I always liked but havent bought in years.
Edit: meant tried Americano granules not American!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Still a bit odd today - feeling much like the one and only time I had heatstroke when we were on a ship in the Red Sea. Perhaps it was something to do with dehydration/overheating. I was hoping to go to the town butcher and the fishmonger at the farmers' market but that just wasn't on. No more fresh fish until next Saturday now but I do have some smoked mackerel to keep me going.
Breakfast was a couple of oatcakes with Marmite dip (took extra insulin beforehand) plus tea and water.
Lunch was the last of my leek and squash soup.
Dinner will be roast chicken with Brussels sprouts. Still have to get lots of fluids in during the rest of the day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eaten today.

Because I ate a bit later yesterday, I wasn't able to start eating until 11am this morning. My stomach wasn't ready

11am Eggs on slices roast beef

About 1 pm I cooked broccoli and baby leaves and mushrooms in butter, and emptied the other half of yesterday's cheese and onion sandwich filler on it. I was very full.

I have some cream and strawberries to use up, but it was 3:30 before I could eat any more food. So threw the cream in mixer to make stiff, put a quarter spoonful instant coffee in. The strawberries had been next to icebox in my fridge so were half frozen. I threw out the soggy ones, and partly blitzed the rest of half frozen strawberries. It looked a mess, not photogenic, but tasted delicious....

I need an afternoon nap now...

That's it for food.
Water water, but need more water
Cups tea
cwc

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Welcome to the thread @mouseee - am sure you’ll find plenty of food inspiration here.

Planned 2 meals today but timings have meant it ended up as a snack plus lunch.

Found myself ravenous while out shopping so bought a 30g cheese portion from M&S and a bag of Awfully Posh Pork crackling from Waitrose to eat on the way home.

Once home lateish lunch was Barnsley lamb chops (more of the on offer meat from the butcher) followed by extra thick double cream topped with almond butter and the remaining square of American 90% chocolate.

@Annb hope you soon feel better.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still a bit odd today - feeling much like the one and only time I had heatstroke when we were on a ship in the Red Sea. Perhaps it was something to do with dehydration/overheating. I was hoping to go to the town butcher and the fishmonger at the farmers' market but that just wasn't on. No more fresh fish until next Saturday now but I do have some smoked mackerel to keep me going.
Breakfast was a couple of oatcakes with Marmite dip (took extra insulin beforehand) plus tea and water.
Lunch was the last of my leek and squash soup.
Dinner will be roast chicken with Brussels sprouts. Still have to get lots of fluids in during the rest of the day.
Ann read your post earlier which sounded scary. Thought I had replied. Hope you are getting better. Do you have a convenience store / small supermarjet near? You can usually find tinned fish (not the same I know but would get you through). Take care.

Reactions: Viv19 and gennepher

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had yogurt with berries for breakfast.

Cucumber slices with cream cheese and smoked salmon on. Plus a squeeze of lime. Yum. Like blinis.

Planning a stir fry with chicken this pm.

Still trying to find my way in eating the right way.
Hi Mouseee your food sounds good to me! I love a stirfry, good idea about the ‘blinis’.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all.

Welcome to the thread @mouseee - am sure you’ll find plenty of food inspiration here.

Planned 2 meals today but timings have meant it ended up as a snack plus lunch.

Found myself ravenous while out shopping so bought a 30g cheese portion from M&S and a bag of Awfully Posh Pork crackling from Waitrose to eat on the way home.

Once home lateish lunch was Barnsley lamb chops (more of the on offer meat from the butcher) followed by extra thick double cream topped with almond butter and the remaining square of American 90% chocolate.

@Annb hope you soon feel better.
Thanks - I think I'm halfway back to normal. Should be OK by tomorrow. I've been pouring in the fluids, which should help. No 1 son is making bread right now -can't complain, he can't eat much other than home-made white bread and some soya products because of all his ailments, but it smells delicious and is making me hungry for bread!

D

Deleted member 308541

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick post for me as we have a house full and I have sneaked off for 5 mins.
CWC this morning.
Brunch out in Truro 2 poached eggs, hollandaise, avocado, bacon and black coffee (pp bg was 4.7 chuffed with that)
Dinner a bit later than I’d like - Tex Mex type of beef done in IP, cauliflower then cheese and lc seedy crackers.
There was a gin somewhere along the line too.
Hope to catch up with everyone’s day later.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All, :D

B: out. Bacon and scram egg, herb tea. Delish.
L: 3pm offal soup :wacky:
5pm 3 x 1oz packs duck crackling. Oops.
9pm goatsmilk yog with a dash of double cream.

Lie in tomorrow. CANNOT WAIT :arghh: < that is me yawning