Type 1'stars R Us

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Seriously you people need help when it comes to best crisp flavours ever. Not one mention so far of Tudor crisps and in particular, Pickled Onion or the Gammon ones. Best crisps ever and some great adverts to boot

Ah, the 1970s don't remember this gem.

... Too buisy watching my generation get fried on pylons trying to get their ball back in public anouncment shorts? ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: porl69

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The seaweed is from Costco, and is basically a pack with a couple of dozen sheets about 10x8cm - I cut them in half with a pair of kitchen scissors. It’s crunchy and slightly salty, although I add extra salt, and as few carbs as to be not worth counting. About seven quid for ten packs, I love it.

Thanks, I've experimented with seaweed before. (Don't dislike it.) But never realy got my head round the carb content. (To be honest.)
Looked on it like a form of "grass." (If you are familiar with what grass can do "carb wise" to a horse? You will understand my reservation.)

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ooh, somebody mentioned crisps.
Tudor crisps were the crisps of my childhood (Cleveland). Gammon were the best, but I was young. Moving to the midlands where it was nasty walkers was a come down, and walkers have the colours for salt+vinegar and cheese+onion the wrong way round.
Seabrooks crisps are made about 30 miles from here and aren't bad.
Proper cheese doritos are reliable.
Green pringles can be scoffed.
The posh pipers Kirkby Malham chorizo ones are very nice, and I think their sweet chilli flavour might be good too.
I eat nice and spicy nik naks on walks a fair amount, originally introduced to us by a friend who'd done the calories per penny and worked out these had the most and were hence the best. My wife eats the scampi and lemon ones, aka foot and socky, especially if she wants space on a train.
Bacon wheat crunchies for an occasional change.
Pickled onion monster munch or their cheaper relative space raiders are disgusting packing foam and a secret fetish of mine.
Smiths bacon fries are excellent with a beer at the end of a walk - the salt hit..
But for conventional crisps, the UK just isn't any good. Spanish jamon ruffles are good, and revived my wife after our longest ever bike ride, but the best are the paprika crisps. Extra Wurzig!

Reactions: smc4761

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The seaweed is from Costco, and is basically a pack with a couple of dozen sheets about 10x8cm - I cut them in half with a pair of kitchen scissors. It’s crunchy and slightly salty, although I add extra salt, and as few carbs as to be not worth counting. About seven quid for ten packs, I love it.
Thanks Mel

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends,
6.3 and I finally ripped off my expired sensor, I am giving my arm that good ol' itch. :hilarious: My pink fan is being delivered today, yay so exciting but too bad England is much cooler now. :rolleyes: I feel with any kind of crisps, once you open them and start crunching, you can't stop. :hilarious: or crackers, I love crackers.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I like the Real Eat Quinoa crisps, and the lentil ones. And I just found Oatsy Arrabiata Pesto (like oat doritos) and they do a Rosemary flavour.

I very very very much want those seaweed thing s@Mel dCP showed us. Oh yum! Am very fond of seaweed.

I like the baked crisps too - and there are lot I can & do eat - McCoy do several types I enjoy too much too often.....

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@evilclive . A comprehensive list of crisps :). Can’t completely agree on everything :).
Your mention of bacon wheat crunchies did though bring back memories of Frazzles.
Eat a pack of those things and you’d still be getting a repeat of the taste the following week.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
And thinking of diabetic control - I roam around between about 2.7 and 19 and aim, often more in hope than certainty, at the 5's.

Reactions: becca59

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
In lieu of crisps, I’m addicted to this stuff.

View attachment 34509
These are my current eat
seaweed.jpg

Reactions: ChrissiStar

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, how are things?
Drizzling and grey here but I'm well and Madam's up herself but as everyone says, we are trying! Yey, I am a wimp and knew I'd deliberately underbolused yeterday evening ......or should that be underbloused. Anyway, not surprised at Madam and to be honest, although I don't think the figure is acceptable, I've got no choice and have dealt with it.

Enough of moaning. I'm alive and ready to kick or kicking and ready to live.
I'm glad my mention of crisps brought some interesting lists.
I'm going to have a Google to see how much a cgm costs and the thingies you glue on your arm
Thanks for your support guys........... it was welcome and needed.
Have a splendid day and don't forget your brolly:D:D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning all, it's a very wet Saturday and our family day out to the seaside is cancelled. So it may be lunch at my house. I was so looking forward to going, but alas, our predictably unpredictable weather has thrown a spanner in the works.

Whatever you are doing, have a good weekend all.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

My son & d-i-l are coming over for dinner tomorrow, so I might get some prep done if I can. I hope so. Also, want to search for a good cheese making book on Amazon.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@evilclive . A comprehensive list of crisps :). Can’t completely agree on everything :).
Your mention of bacon wheat crunchies did though bring back memories of Frazzles.
Eat a pack of those things and you’d still be getting a repeat of the taste the following week.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I remember Frazzels.

Reactions: therower

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok lovely people.
Favourite crisps past or present??????????? ( let’s include wheat, savoury, corn snacks )

1. Hula hoops.
2. Cool Doritos.
3. Walkers ready salted.
Notable mentions. Mc Coys cheddar and onion. Mini Cheddars.
1. Quavers
2. Wheetos - any flavour but bacon the best (or does that count as lots of favourites?)
3. Ringos - onion ring things from Aldi

Reactions: therower

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Ooooh I love onion rings!

I so wish we had an Aldi near us. There's a big site between us and the next town with a huge notice saying it's going to be an Aldi sometime next year or the year after and I'm looking forward to it. I told my d-i-l who used to work at Asda so she can tell her mates who've been let go due to cutbacks. The Aldi gave a number for recruitment. I hope it helps the ex Asda ladies!

We have a Lidl but it's kinda small and doesn't have much, but the Aldi have bought a mahoosive site!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Just read this - many thanks!