Weekly weigh in - Fridays

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Hi SlimLizzy,
I have absolutely no personal experience here, but I have spent some time looking around the Forum about haltingg the LCHF weight loss phase.
If you are on 100grans of carbs per day, you are nowhere near ultra low, so may need to be careful about adding more carbs to gain weight/stop weight loss. Thus the choices are : increase protein, increase fat , or some of both.

There is a thread about Women (of menopausal age) finding it harder to lose weight on a LCHF diet. In there is a link to a Podcast by 'the fat emperor' about how women to whom that applies should probably go more Low Carb High Protein than Low Carb High Fat.

Vidar

I know I'm going against the accepted wisdom here in regards to self testing but I have my reasons. For one I don't want any other pricks or prods I'm unbelievably ******* sick of it. Two I'm hoping that I don't need to, I'm pretty strict with my carbs keeping my daily intake around 20g or below. As long as when I have my main bloods done next month my bg level is down I know I'm on the right path.

If its shot up then I'll consider testing.

Reactions: Liam1955

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Same weight as Friday this morning. Haven't seen a dietician since hospital, 5wks ago. I'm guessing I'll see one at diabetic 3mth check-up with unit's team. And bariatric Unit one, maybe. They are flooded with patients.
I will be weighed in 2wks time by hospital. I hope 14kgs (31pound) off to date will please them.
I'd like another 56lb off. I'd be happy with 15st, for me.
The beauty is I can eat smaller without hunger as I no longer feel hungry.
Carbs crave carbs so the head hunger that patients get is from carbs, nothing more.
Carbs hv alot to answer for. Tut tut. ;)
Thank god I know the difference.
I'm determined to get the next 4st off. I don't mind if it's slow, maybe less baggy skin.
I wonder what weight I'll be in 12mth stage. I wonder how much insulin I'll be on. I could reduce my basal this morning. :) :) :)

Reactions: Steph001

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
No Gain or No Loss - just maintaining!
(Thought the "changeover" to another Insulin a month ago would have affected my weight).

Well Done Everybody :)

Reactions: Prem51

Vidar

This week I came in at 192 kg a 0.2kg gain on last week which isn't bad at all considering I had to eat out twice for family events.

I've also noticed I seem to stay around the same weight or slightly gain and then have a decent sized loss the following week.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
This week I came in at 192 kg a 0.2kg gain on last week which isn't bad at all considering I had to eat out twice for family events.

I've also noticed I seem to stay around the same weight or slightly gain and then have a decent sized loss the following week.
Any upset tummy before the loss?
Are you looking for heavy weight loss or slow and steady?
I was 136kgs and could gain if I increased my insulin.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnEGreen

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Today I'm 118.10kgs.
Lovely steady loss.

I'm delighted.
Hoping bariatric Unit on Monday will be too.
Obviously many lose quicker but regain quicker too.

Its going well, I think. We'll see what they say.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Today I'm 117.70kgs :) :) :)
Wrong time of the month too.
Seeing bariatric Unit in a few days.

I was 131.60kg morning of op. So lost nearly 14kg which is 30.5lb so I'm over 2st lighter than 5wks ago.
Weight loss slows on my monthly I've noticed. Especially now I'm on Iron supplements.
I sweated loads yesterday but no great weight change because I'm not swollen now. I'm drinking plenty.
Lumpy food is OK now and still haven't the full or empty feelings so I'm a bit disheartened I still cannot regulate my eating like most people. Only by measured food.
Not sure if nerve is dead or what.
Leptin is suppose to regulate hunger. So may ask for a leptin test.
Genetic research on it but not yet concluded for me to conclude either but if mine low or being blocked by my disgruntled brain I wouldn't be surprised.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thursday weighed 117.20kgs. So losing about a pound a week. Seeing dieticians in October.
Seeing endo in September so August is for a GP appointment, Dentist and Opticians for me and family. Oh and a little mini break.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Hello weighers
This week have a small gain, 48.3kg, thats 7st 8lb. Seems the added protein is working. That combined with a less active week. Would be happy to stay at this weight.
Hope you are all going in the right direction for you as well.

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
51 lb lost - 1st goal reached. Now for the next 50.
Wow @Gryph well done! I've lost similiar in 5—7wks but slowing down after Roux-en-y. Slowing because I'm eating more food but reducing basal insulin for the second time this week. I couldn't be happier right now. I hope you too.