Hey from Dallas

Dallas Eddie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Drugs, Booze, Doctors, Cops, Security, Political Leaders.
5 weeks ago was 265#@170 today I am 230#@100
Hope to be 196#@low 80s
But
That is 5-6 months from now and maybe I can kick the T2 drugs and high BG that will damage my organs.

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Welcome to the forum. I will have a guess and say those numbers are weight in pounds and blood glucose values?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I'm guessing it's lbs and hba1c?
230lbs is 104kg
100hBA1C is 11.3 as a %, but is still a massive improvement from @Dallas Eddie 's original results.

To @Dallas Eddie , congrats on the reduction, is the second result a blood sugar (before meals, after meals, average?) rather than an hba1c?

80 is a great fasting level but not a good hba1c....

Welcome to the forums, you'll find lots of T2s on here that have managed to avoid medication by reducing their total carbohydrate intake.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. Spent a year in Dallas in the 70s; it's grown a bit since! As you may have gathered you need to keep the carbs down but don't worry about the fats and proteins

Dallas Eddie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Hi and welcome. Spent a year in Dallas in the 70s; it's grown a bit since! As you may have gathered you need to keep the carbs down but don't worry about the fats and proteins
Ya
AMA states to drop weight you have to be 50-100 Carbs per day ;););) and the most you can loose is 2.2# per week:singing:. I drink tons and tons of water :) and no cal no car drinks. Life is a little bland :banghead:b but I hope to cure or do a lot of damage to this diabetes Type 2 fat problem. Do not like work outs and see for now AMAs 50-100 Carb/Day tool working. May have to god for bid do a little yard work :yuck: in the future to get to my 196# goal. Problem is at that 196# level of fat I am still considered over weight so I may have to chop off a arm or leg :joyful: to get to a normal weight.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ya
AMA states to drop weight you have to be 50-100 Carbs per day ;););) and the most you can loose is 2.2# per week:singing:. I drink tons and tons of water :) and no cal no car drinks. Life is a little bland :banghead:b but I hope to cure or do a lot of damage to this diabetes Type 2 fat problem. Do not like work outs and see for now AMAs 50-100 Carb/Day tool working. May have to god for bid do a little yard work :yuck: in the future to get to my 196# goal. Problem is at that 196# level of fat I am still considered over weight so I may have to chop off a arm or leg :joyful: to get to a normal weight.
Hi again. 50-100gm sounds a good target. Even though some on this forum go below 50gm (amazing) non-diabetics typically will be 200-300 or more.

Reactions: Prem51

Smallbrit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome!

I used to live in Dallas and Austin, but came back to the UK a while back. I was in Dallas a month ago though - and so while everyone else is Wales is baking in the relative heat, I'm still feeling quite cold! And missing Tex-Mex food, but that bit is probably wiser that I don't eat...

Something funny on the 'translation' of # as lbs - # is not pounds here in the UK (as £ is the pound currency it would get incredibly confusing...), but a hash mark (literally called a hash mark), and obviously a hashtag for those social media inclined. I work as a copy editor, and have had the double experience of being made fun of in the US for calling # a hash mark and countless other Britishisms, and then being made fun of in my return for using Americanisms that no one here would say.

Dallas Eddie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Ya Us yanks just are not up to speed on inter national tex symbols. Here in Dallas # is lb (2.2Kg)

Just got a server scolding from my T2 doc. T2 doc said I am loosing way to much Lbs (kg) to fast. I am now 225lbs (495Kg) loss of 40 lbs (88Kg) in 6 weeks.
but
Told T2 doc I was following AMAs 50-100 Carbs per day is the only way to loose weight (I hate work outs).
Well
My goal is 196 lbs (431Kg) ASAP. T2 doc told me to hydrate. I read if you want to lower BG hydrate like crazy. I will see if over hydrating will get my BG to low 80s.
Sorry about that # lbs Kg stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome!

I used to live in Dallas and Austin, but came back to the UK a while back. I was in Dallas a month ago though - and so while everyone else is Wales is baking in the relative heat, I'm still feeling quite cold! And missing Tex-Mex food, but that bit is probably wiser that I don't eat...

Something funny on the 'translation' of # as lbs - # is not pounds here in the UK (as £ is the pound currency it would get incredibly confusing...), but a hash mark (literally called a hash mark), and obviously a hashtag for those social media inclined. I work as a copy editor, and have had the double experience of being made fun of in the US for calling # a hash mark and countless other Britishisms, and then being made fun of in my return for using Americanisms that no one here would say.

In my area of the US, # can stand for pound (lb.), or for a hash mark or hash tag, or for the number symbol (as on a telephone). It can get really confusing!

@Dallas Eddie it tickles me hearing a Texan refer to himself as a Yank -- something no Georgian (or my Texas uncle) would ever do! :D

Congratulations on your weight loss so far and best wishes for continued # of lbs lost with no loss of limb. :)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Ya Us yanks just are not up to speed on inter national tex symbols. Here in Dallas # is lb (2.2Kg)

Just got a server scolding from my T2 doc. T2 doc said I am loosing way to much Lbs (kg) to fast. I am now 225lbs (495Kg) loss of 40 lbs (88Kg) in 6 weeks.
but
Told T2 doc I was following AMAs 50-100 Carbs per day is the only way to loose weight (I hate work outs).
Well
My goal is 196 lbs (431Kg) ASAP. T2 doc told me to hydrate. I read if you want to lower BG hydrate like crazy. I will see if over hydrating will get my BG to low 80s.
Sorry about that # lbs Kg stuff.

Your LBS / KILOS conversions are the wrong way around !!

2 pounds is roughly 1 kilogram

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Mike D your avatar pic just blew me back 40-very-odd years and now I am off to YouTube to reminisce.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
@Mike D your avatar pic just blew me back 40-very-odd years and now I am off to YouTube to reminisce.

I had it hand signed by Neil and had it professionally framed @SaskiaKC

I own every LP album he's recorded and well over 80 CDs :)

stevenkpalmer

Hi Eddy
On the subject of exercise I used to be like you, I hated working out. I dont like going to the gym and dont enjoy the trouble and expense. I like a game of golf though.
My company were very good they gave all of us managers a set of elastic bands to help us stay fit. You can get them from Amazon for a few dollars.i now have set up a spare room as my own gym and I can do a few minutes a day every evening.
This has really helped me tone up and the extra muscle helps burn fat.