Confuse

Reemap

Yes 8.2 after first bite .. I had brown rice, one boiled egg and vegetable curry. I did not check the BG before the meal.

Hotpepper20000

Yes 8.2 after first bite .. I had brown rice, one boiled egg and vegetable curry. I did not check the BG before the meal.
It is important to know your starting number. If the raise is more then 2 it is too much and you have to adjust what you are eating.

Hotpepper20000

What you have?1.4 rise is good.
It’s good to keep a dairy of the results and what you ate.
Then you can make sense of the patterns.

Concordjan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not very good on computers!
Sure.. thanks .. you mean to say HbA1c 7.0 is early stage of T2? I will check again in oct as I will complete 6 months of breastfeeding and also can concentrate to keep my carbs low. I am from India and rice is one of the main ingredients for us. However I shifted to brown rice.

Have you thought of trying cauliflower rice? Extremely low carb and you can still add spices etc.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What is

Can you share how to prepare the same
You can buy a large cauliflower and use a cheese grater to grate it to look like rice, or you can use a food processor. You then cook eggs, meat or add extra veg to cook, add whatever spices you like and add the cauliflower rice. So in the end you'll have your very own low carb fried rice.

Or you can buy store packaged cauliflower rice to make it easier for you.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Or you can fry it and have curry on the side. it's very delicious :)

Reemap

You can buy a large cauliflower and use a cheese grater to grate it to look like rice, or you can use a food processor. You then cook eggs, meat or add extra veg to cook, add whatever spices you like and add the cauliflower rice. So in the end you'll have your very own low carb fried rice.

Or you can buy store packaged cauliflower rice to make it easier for you.
Great.. thank you.. will surely try the same

Concordjan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not very good on computers!
What is

Can you share how to prepare the same

You can prepare it yourself as already said or buy it already ‘riced’. I sometimes buy it from Asda, less than £1 for two servings. I fry a bit of chopped onion, garlic, mushrooms then add the cauliflower and some turmeric. It can be used anyway rice can (I think)

Reemap

You can prepare it yourself as already said or buy it already ‘riced’. I sometimes buy it from Asda, less than £1 for two servings. I fry a bit of chopped onion, garlic, mushrooms then add the cauliflower and some turmeric. It can be used anyway rice can (I think)
I stay in India, any idea where I can buy riced

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
But usually they say random sugar needs to be less than 200.. whenever I check my random sugar it’s always less than 160.. also post meal sugar needs to be checked withing 2 hours of a meal or after 2 hours of meal.
Your hba 1c represents 300,000 random tests (according to a podcast I heard recently) as a mean average and is regarded as reliable in conjunction with abnormal fasting glucose.
This means that it's likely that whilst you may still be pumping out plenty of insulin at other times your body isn't coping with what you are eating (specifically the carbohydrates).
Doing some checks at 1 hour, 2 hours and 4 hours might give you some more clues to what's happening when you eat certain meals.
It is thought that type 2s have a compromised insulin response initially so you'd expect blood sugars to stay elevated for longer after a meal.

Reemap

Your hba 1c represents 300,000 random tests (according to a podcast I heard recently) as a mean average and is regarded as reliable in conjunction with abnormal fasting glucose.
This means that it's likely that whilst you may still be pumping out plenty of insulin at other times your body isn't coping with what you are eating (specifically the carbohydrates).
Doing some checks at 1 hour, 2 hours and 4 hours might give you some more clues to what's happening when you eat certain meals.
It is thought that type 2s have a compromised insulin response initially so you'd expect blood sugars to stay elevated for longer after a meal.
Ok