What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: roast chicken, one small roast potato, mixed veg and gravy thickened with flax, followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: salted caramel phd bar and black coffee.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake :happy:

Viv19

Tea
2 boiled eggs with toasted LC roll, with tspn hm black currant jam.
Cwc
Lunch nuts, cheese cubes
LC roll with peanut butter.
Tea
Evening I defrosted some turkey from the freezer but it looked horrible so I threw it away. So I enjoyed berries and yoghurt. Twice. ;-//

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6E16B4B4-8DDC-426D-8DD9-EBDB3CA639BD.jpeg
Does anyone know where I can buy cauliflower rice to try

You can buy a prepared long life Cauli Rice in supermarkets which is ok but I prefer to just grate a fresh cauliflower with a cheese grater or food processor. In both cases I stir fry it til it starts to colour a little.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all very busy few days and will read back to catch up on people’s posts just glanced through and then realised if I didn’t get my food recorded I’d be even more behind!
Saturday and Sunday
Sausage bacon and egg for breakfast
Lunch cheese, celery and almonds
Mid afternoon choc olive oil cake with double cream
Sat dinner chicken curry and more choc olive oil cake and cream for pudding - very difficult day and needed a treat!
Sunday dinner steak and mushroom sauce followed by sf jelly and cream and then you’ve guessed it choc olive oil cake.
Cooper has only just been picked up and gone to Coventry to stay with sons partners parents. He will be missed but on Tuesday we go to collect my elderly mum for her annual two week summer stay with us and would have been difficult to have both!
@PenguinMum did spot your request re fibreflour and just to say I did get some - very pricey - and quite high carbish. I did make some successful chapatis with it but ended up not using it all before expiry date because I was being very low keto at time. It may be worth looking instead at the skinny bread mix that @ianpspurs and @maglil55 recommend at the diet shop it looks promising and lower carb than the fibre flour

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Toasted cheese and onion sandwiches,
Dinner: Roast duck, veggies, gravy.
Breakfast: Usual omelette, bacon, tomatoes, reheated spudlite, couple of slices of Herman Brot toast and vegimite.

Drinks: Black coffee no additives, water.

D

Deleted member 308541

You can buy a prepared long life Cauli Rice in supermarkets which is ok but I prefer to just grate a fresh cauliflower with a cheese grater or food processor
Be good to be able to buy low carb rice essence to add to the mix so it tastes like real rice.

Reactions: Rachox

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m in Birmingham UK. Any specific item you can recommend?
My preferred cauli rice coms from Iceland. You get a pack of four frozen portions that you just microwave. Its convenient, portion controlled and doesnt smell ‘high’. They also do a green version which is kale, brocolli, etc which is equally good. I am never without it in my freezer.

Reactions: Viv19

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all very busy few days and will read back to catch up on people’s posts just glanced through and then realised if I didn’t get my food recorded I’d be even more behind!
Saturday and Sunday
Sausage bacon and egg for breakfast
Lunch cheese, celery and almonds
Mid afternoon choc olive oil cake with double cream
Sat dinner chicken curry and more choc olive oil cake and cream for pudding - very difficult day and needed a treat!
Sunday dinner steak and mushroom sauce followed by sf jelly and cream and then you’ve guessed it choc olive oil cake.
Cooper has only just been picked up and gone to Coventry to stay with sons partners parents. He will be missed but on Tuesday we go to collect my elderly mum for her annual two week summer stay with us and would have been difficult to have both!
@PenguinMum did spot your request re fibreflour and just to say I did get some - very pricey - and quite high carbish. I did make some successful chapatis with it but ended up not using it all before expiry date because I was being very low keto at time. It may be worth looking instead at the skinny bread mix that @ianpspurs and @maglil55 recommend at the diet shop it looks promising and lower carb than the fibre flour
Hi Sorry you had a difficult day and thank you so much for the info re Fibreflour. Can I ask @ianpspurs and @maglil55 for any info on the Skinny Bread mix pls. Isit any good and where can I buy it. TIA.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Sorry you had a difficult day and thank you so much for the info re Fibreflour. Can I ask @ianpspurs and @maglil55 for any info on the Skinny Bread mix pls. Isit any good and where can I buy it. TIA.
Your wish is my command. https://mydiet-shop.co.uk/baking-cooking/74-skinny-low-carb-brown-bread-roll-mix-5905279424814.html I found it very good and wrote on here about my toast butter and tea breakfast time travel experience. Is very soft, looks like a loaf one might buy from an artisanal stall. I detected a trace of apricot from the apricot kernel flour but I really liked it
upload_2019-7-29_9-19-44.png

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your wish is my command. https://mydiet-shop.co.uk/baking-cooking/74-skinny-low-carb-brown-bread-roll-mix-5905279424814.html I found it very good and wrote on here about my toast butter and tea breakfast time travel experience. Is very soft, looks like a loaf one might buy from an artisanal stall. I detected a trace of apricot from the apricot kernel flour but I really liked it
View attachment 34550
Thanks Ian...exactly what I hoped to hear. I think I do remember you mentioning it now..what goes into this head quickly gets lost in the workings!

Reactions: Viv19 and DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can I ask has anyone used Fibreflour? HiLo isnt selling well at my Sainsburys and I am worried they will stop stocking it. Also if this flour worked well for bread it might be useful for other things. I really cant eat nut flour bread or eggy tasting bread. @maglil55 any ideas you being the Domestic Goddess of the site? TIA
I use oat fibre in flour 'mixes' and also vital wheat gluten.
I see @ianpspurs has already answered on the Skinny Bread mix. Mine look the same as the picture Ian posted. I've also made rolls with it but the bread survives longer than the rolls. It is, however, really good, easy to make and it is so nice to be able to have 'real' bread and toast again.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use oat fibre in flour 'mixes' and also vital wheat gluten.
I see @ianpspurs has already answered on the Skinny Bread mix. Mine look the same as the picture Ian posted. I've also made rolls with it but the bread survives longer than the rolls. It is, however, really good, easy to make and it is so nice to be able to have 'real' bread and toast again.
Thanks so much...thats useful to know. I need a slice LC toast with my tea in the morning.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Trying to stay on top of the posts when I get a quiet moment. Just waiting for SIL & BIL to pick us up. Saturday bed 5.9 FBG was also 5.9.
B. Usual TAG with ADOC. Nothing much else in the house to eat.
L. Gave Mum, Dad and the munchkins a lift to see Spiderman as weather was horrible.
D. Meat'zza pizza with salad.
Was organised very quickly for the off early Sunday.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thats a pity Ann as cauli rice is quite useful. I prefer to buy it from Iceland in little frozen pouches, they also do a green version but I am guessing you have a delicate tum? But choose whatever above ground veg you can to,erate and match it with protein of choice. I remember you didnt make it to the shops on Sat but hope you have a store of some sort near home.
Thanks @Rachox for the kedgeree recipe anyway.

We have a village shop/Post Office which sells a few things that I can eat but their veg section is very small and a bit wilted, especially in the temperatures we've been having recently. I went there this afternoon - had to go to the PO anyway and I had realised that there is no point in going to town today - Monday and the shops are poorly stocked with fresh food, so I'll leave it until tomorrow. I did get some bacon and some chicken breasts (almost twice the price as in the town) and I have enough in to make a meal tonight anyway.
Breakfast today was sardines and a couple of RyVita (oily fish 2 meals in succession!)
Lunch was an odd sort of soup made from some watercress, carrots, onion and broccoli - using up stuff from the fridge. It was OK,especially after I put some cream in.
Dinner will probably be a mushroom omelette - easier than cutting up chicken and bacon.