Type 2 Life

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a very high blood glucose reading this morning after a BBQ chicken deep pan pizza of 28.3 mmol. I've just taken my Lixisenatide injection and 1 g of metformin.

Oh Johnny - That's an awfully big number. Are your healthcare team helping you with those?

When you move into your assisted living house, will you be helped to make your dietary choices, or will you be eating with the others in the house, or whatever?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I had a very high blood glucose reading this morning after a BBQ chicken deep pan pizza of 28.3 mmol. I've just taken my Lixisenatide injection and 1 g of metformin.
Was the pizza for breakfast or supper last night?
Are you out daily for a walk hun?
Is this number becoming more regular in your testing results?
Can you call your GP and ask for someone to see you about numbers like this, as soon as it's possible. Do you see your GP with your assisting adult normally?
I'm guessing you've stopped low carbing? When writing a list for your shopping try and remember cauliflower instead of pizza.
If you struggle to get the cauliflower pizza bases, ask your carer to buy on-line. Domino do a pizza sauce or its possible to make your own with crushed plum tomatoes withttomato puree and oregano herb. Low fat cheese or not and any of your favourite toppings.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Was the pizza for breakfast or supper last night?
Are you out daily for a walk hun?
Is this number becoming more regular in your testing results?
Can you call your GP and ask for someone to see you about numbers like this, as soon as it's possible. Do you see your GP with your assisting adult normally?
I'm guessing you've stopped low carbing? When writing a list for your shopping try and remember cauliflower instead of pizza.
If you struggle to get the cauliflower pizza bases, ask your carer to buy on-line. Domino do a pizza sauce or its possible to make your own with crushed plum tomatoes withttomato puree and oregano herb. Low fat cheese or not and any of your favourite toppings.
Dear @ickihun, My BBQ chicken pizza was for breakfast this morning. Dr. Is going to discuss my uncontrolled diabetes with her partners with a view to stepping up my diabetic medication. Walking is very difficult as my legs feel all weak and tired and quite uncomfortable. I'm also misusing my nicotine replacement therapy mouth spray medication which might be putting me at risk of nicotine poisoning. I'm going to have my shared lives care worker cooking for me and shopping for me in my new accommodation as well as supporting me with my ADLs. There was a lot of glucose in my wee but no ketones.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Dear @ickihun, My BBQ chicken pizza was for breakfast this morning. Dr. Is going to discuss my uncontrolled diabetes with her partners with a view to stepping up my diabetic medication. Walking is very difficult as my legs feel all weak and tired and quite uncomfortable. I'm also misusing my nicotine replacement therapy mouth spray medication which might be putting me at risk of nicotine poisoning. I'm going to have my shared lives care worker cooking for me and shopping for me in my new accommodation as well as supporting me with my ADLs. There was a lot of glucose in my wee but no ketones.
I know you know the better way to eat @JohnnyBaker87. I bet tomorrow you will choose the best food for you or halve any pizzas. You know too many carbs give us cravings for more carbs. It cannot be satisfied sometimes. I know.
Start afresh. I hv full belief in you. I want the very best for you. Now. Of course forever but now is ok.
Please post if you're still struggling. I hv some great carb craving blockers you can try.
I know however your past efforts hv been spot on for your bgs.
Are you happy to retry?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I know you know the better way to eat @JohnnyBaker87. I bet tomorrow you will choose the best food for you or halve any pizzas. You know too many carbs give us cravings for more carbs. It cannot be satisfied sometimes. I know.
Start afresh. I hv full belief in you. I want the very best for you. Now. Of course forever but now is ok.
Please post if you're still struggling. I hv some great carb craving blockers you can try.
I know however your past efforts hv been spot on for your bgs.
Are you happy to retry?
Yes, I am happy to retry low carbohydrate consumption, @ickihun, my lovely friend. I'm still feeling the aftershocks of Max's abuse of myself. I'm having my psychotherapy today for it.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes, I am happy to retry low carbohydrate consumption, @ickihun, my lovely friend. I'm still feeling the aftershocks of Max's abuse of myself. I'm having my psychotherapy today for it.
I'm thinking of you; alongside orhers. Try and accept Max has gone so can no longer hurt you. Dont let him spoil your beautiful chance in life. You are more important to this world.
Get back to lower carbs hun, for your health's sake.
Post your results, please.
Don't start losing your sight or limbs because of that monstrosity. Your definately worth far more than that. You are our Ray of sunshine!!!

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My blood glucose was 11.1 mmol this morning which was a fasting blood glucose reading. I'm very happy watching BBC Breakfast

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
BBC Breakfast is a fascinating television programme.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning @JohnnyBaker87.

Ive been awake through the night due to 6yr old's temperature. Had planned on meeting an old friend. I'm suffering with sore throat and tiredness, already. I may hv to cancel so not to pass anything on.
Hope everyone had a better night's sleep. :dead:

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I'm still very low in mood due to Max's abuse and am not experiencing pleasure in the big bang theory or on the buses and this type of anhedonia is making me seriously self neglect. I haven't had a shower for a couple of weeks now. Fasting blood glucose this morning was 15.3. Dr. is going to refer me back to the diabetes community clinic.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm still very low in mood due to Max's abuse and am not experiencing pleasure in the big bang theory or on the buses and this type of anhedonia is making me seriously self neglect. I haven't had a shower for a couple of weeks now. Fasting blood glucose this morning was 15.3. Dr. is going to refer me back to the diabetes community clinic.
Oh no!
Please hold on to the fact your new home is on the horizon. A blessing in a new area, away from the M@x incident.
Did this Dr assess you for depression? If not go and see your GP early morning hun. Message me once assessed please. I'll expect your PM.
Hugs in the mean while @JohnnyBaker87.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
How you feeling @ickihun?
Well... surprisingly well. Tonsillitis all around me though. I'm losing at variants but eating a varied diet and all supplements. At GP soon for B12 injection. Hoping as straightforward as a flu jab.
Didn't get good sleep last night so hoping a better night tonight.
I told hospital that I'm having trouble waking unaided, still. I cannot get momentum started. I'm using crutch still to support my gait. No swing in legs to even walk up a tiny incline. I use crutch to drag and keep momentum. I hv a timed movement with crutch supporting my sometimes numb leg/s or toes. I can walk a little on flat ground but not for very long. I previously had to regain my breath back and recover from pain now I'm just without energy and strength. This will improve I was reassured. Seeing GP next week to discuss.
I'm not ready for a wheelchair and I'm happy to struggle on with crutch til after 6wks so I'm not a burden to my kids.
Hospital didn't mention my walking problem, I did because I asked about when I can return to swimming. I had to change venue to a ramp supported pool. Only advised to relax in pool for now. Too soon for swimming a width. I'll wait a bit longer. I'll ask endo in September.
How is my favourite twosome?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Well... surprisingly well. Tonsillitis all around me though. I'm losing at variants but eating a varied diet and all supplements. At GP soon for B12 injection. Hoping as straightforward as a flu jab.
Didn't get good sleep last night so hoping a better night tonight.
I told hospital that I'm having trouble waking unaided, still. I cannot get momentum started. I'm using crutch still to support my gait. No swing in legs to even walk up a tiny incline. I use crutch to drag and keep momentum. I hv a timed movement with crutch supporting my sometimes numb leg/s or toes. I can walk a little on flat ground but not for very long. I previously had to regain my breath back and recover from pain now I'm just without energy and strength. This will improve I was reassured. Seeing GP next week to discuss.
I'm not ready for a wheelchair and I'm happy to struggle on with crutch til after 6wks so I'm not a burden to my kids.
Hospital didn't mention my walking problem, I did because I asked about when I can return to swimming. I had to change venue to a ramp supported pool. Only advised to relax in pool for now. Too soon for swimming a width. I'll wait a bit longer. I'll ask endo in September.
How is my favourite twosome?

Still the same . Rons having naps in the afternoon except today . He couldn’t sleep cause of pain. One thing he wants sorting when we go to hospital. Constant sweating , honestly it’s like watching him have the male menopause . As for my trapped nerve , been doing some stretching exercises and it seems to be working . Just wish now that my feet would stop burning at night . It’s not all over just the sides and big toes .

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Oh no!
Please hold on to the fact your new home is on the horizon. A blessing in a new area, away from the M@x incident.
Did this Dr assess you for depression? If not go and see your GP early morning hun. Message me once assessed please. I'll expect your PM.
Hugs in the mean while @JohnnyBaker87.
As well as being on the autism spectrum I'm also being treated for clinical depression and dyscalculia. For my depression I'm having intensive psychotherapy at Lambeth and southwark mind. When I move my diagnostician is going to prescribe me mirtazipine antidepressants and discontinue my current psychotropic medications.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I'm getting a food voucher from my GP. Tomorrow morning. I've got no money to buy food.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Please give my love and best wishes to @eldergarth, @Tinamarie. I've just been diagnosed with clinical depression too. I'm praying for his fibromyalgia and diabetes too. And hugs to beautiful hearted @ickihun, too. I hope @13lizanne is well too. And debrasue.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Still the same . Rons having naps in the afternoon except today . He couldn’t sleep cause of pain. One thing he wants sorting when we go to hospital. Constant sweating , honestly it’s like watching him have the male menopause . As for my trapped nerve , been doing some stretching exercises and it seems to be working . Just wish now that my feet would stop burning at night . It’s not all over just the sides and big toes .
My sleeping was rubbish without Amitripyline and Pregabalin with tramadol or dihydrocodeine. Amitripyline relaxes me for bed. I was advised to take about 6pm as it's effect stopped me getting up for school runs. On hols I take later as I'm able to lie in. Any help to Ron?
Pregabalin and tramadol are great for my pain in back and neck/shoulder/arm. Dihydrocodeine lasts longer in my system than tramadol though. Tramadol becomes less effective with a length on it, for me. However tramadol is recommended for Fibromyalgia due to the nature it works as a pain relief.
Mine is nerves and muscles. I hv a similiar reaction of restless legs but it can be in a different area per few hours. My wrists are currently involuntarily twitching holding my phone so I can type. Later it will be my legs or feet.
It is when I've walked or carried a bag. Any normal strain to my system. So weight loss and strength building may be some help. I know light exercise for fibromyalgia is recommended, ironically.
Carrying a non-light bag really strains my back and neck. It really sets my progress back.
I bet Ron even operating his chair can strain his fibromyalgia? It's soooo frustrating.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Rons no longer on pain relief as it’s not working . Last night he didn’t sleep at all . He’s been for a nap this afternoon but not for long . We’ve been out today and got some cook books on Keto. So going to give that a go . He no longer takes metformin and has no plans to see the diabetes team either . His pain goes on all day and night . Constant headaches , shoulder pain even legs . I asked him today if he has any feeling when he touches me but he doesn’t yet when I shower him all he feels is pain .