Fastclix

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Can i still get fastclix lancets on nhs or do i have to buy them .Iam in gloucestershire

mentat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just FYI, a lot of type 1s, me included, reuse the fastclix lancets hundreds of times. It isn't recommended of course.

Reactions: NaijaChick

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello I get fastclix lancets on prescription too. DSN gave me a sample pack to try, then she wrote to my GP to prescribe it. However I think your GP can add it to your prescription. I can’t speak for Gloucestershire though.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I use a Softclix and get lancets on prescription, but then again they last me ages because i re-use. I know you're not meant to but it seems like such a waste otherwise.

D

Deleted member 308541

Can i still get fastclix lancets on nhs or do i have to buy them
If you cannot get them on a script, they are not expensive to buy from a pharmacy.

I use them as well and I pay $20.00 for a box containing 100 + 2 lancets, these are not subsidised here like my strips are which I only pay $1.20 for 100.

Accuchek%20fastclix%20102.png

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I've never used them. Are they any good?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've never used them. Are they any good?

I think it is very good compared to the generic ones you get with meters. It feels a lot gentler on my finger, plus it carries 6 lancets in one so you don’t have to carry 6 singles ones.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can i still get fastclix lancets on nhs or do i have to buy them .Iam in gloucestershire
I'm T2 and have to fund my own testing. I bought my Fastclix plus a box of 200 lancets about five and a half years ago, and I'm still diving into that original box for my lancets. I use them until they're blunt/starting to be painful to use,and they last me for ages so it's been pretty economical - probably my best ever diabetic buy. :) Pricey pots of strips are different matter though...:banghead:

Robbity

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm T2 and have to fund my own testing. I bought my Fastclix plus a box of 200 lancets about five and a half years ago, and I'm still diving into that original box for my lancets. I use them until they're blunt/starting to be painful to use,and they last me for ages so it's been pretty economical - probably my best ever diabetic buy. :) Pricey pots of strips are different matter though...:banghead:

Robbity
Me too I am only halfway through my second box in 10 years lol

Reactions: Robbity
D

Deleted member 308541

I dial in a new lancet every time I start a new pot of strips, so the lancet magazine lasts me six weeks before it gets binned.