What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
International-Day-of-Friendship.png
Good morning on this the International Day of Friendship my FBG is 4.9

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Embarrassed to post as 7.6 for me this morning but I was awake in bed for an hour before I got up to test so more than likely my own fault :bag:
Don’t be embarrassed. You will only make me feel guilty for having no shame at 7.7 this morning.:nailbiting:
Also for not testing at all for a few days. Mitigating circumstances.... I have been ill, and not known what time of day it is. Or night, for that matter. Been fasting, too. Notfelt much like eating, so hoping the numbers will start to fall soon.

Reactions: Shas3 and karen8967

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t be embarrassed. You will only make me feel guilty for having no shame at 7.7 this morning.:nailbiting:
Also for not testing at all for a few days. Mitigating circumstances.... I have been ill, and not known what time of day it is. Or night, for that matter. Been fasting, too. Notfelt much like eating, so hoping the numbers will start to fall soon.
They say confession is good for the soul so i'll add my twopennethworth
Fbg was something like 7.6 this morning. Tried an experiment last night and had a steak and salad plus a glass of red wine thought i would then try a falafel. Bloods were 5.2 2hours after so thought great. Then slowly rose and was 7.6 this morning. Dont know if its been liver dump or the falafel or too much protein. . Bloods been up all day even after missing breakfast. Last check was 6.9. Bother!

Reactions: Shas3 and Prem51

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
They say confession is good for the soul so i'll add my twopennethworth
Fbg was something like 7.6 this morning. Tried an experiment last night and had a steak and salad plus a glass of red wine thought i would then try a falafel. Bloods were 5.2 2hours after so thought great. Then slowly rose and was 7.6 this morning. Dont know if its been liver dump or the falafel or too much protein. . Bloods been up all day even after missing breakfast. Last check was 6.9. Bother!
I wouldn't worry too much as your July HbA1c shows you must usually have this under manners.

Reactions: Shas3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I wouldn't worry too much as your July HbA1c shows you must usually have this under manners.
Yes its interesting. As i have just had blood results back, l feel i am in a period of grace and can try a few different foods to see how they react on my bloods. Reasoned if doc wants me to have another set of bloods in three months i could lose the evidence by just delaying my next test. Also on holiday so its a little difficult to be as strict as i usually am, getting rustier by the hour but we are still enjoying ourselves

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven't seen you on here for a while @JohnEGreen so good to see you and nice stats. My meter is becoming quite insouciant these days. Boldly sung run run as fast as you can, you can do nothing about it, you've got diabetes man - last time I read it a bedtime story. Next it offered a smorgasbord of disparate numbers for my delectation from which I selected a 4.7, mainly because it was there and fluttered its eyes at me seductively. The de Pfeffel meter may not be wholly related to veracity but I have discarded my Trumpometer. Off to Bury St Edmunds today - I do so hope he isn't still alive.
Just had a delightful facetime with our 1 today granddaughter marooned abroad in Southampton so best part of the day already done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shas3 and karen8967

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not posted here a few days, life seemed to take over a bit........5.8 this morning, slight Dawn Phenomenon this morning after last night's 5.5. I seem to be consistently around the mid to high 5's these days.
Have a good day all.