What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

It's warm and wet weather here this morning so no grass cutting at mum's for us today. Fortunately we got some done here yesterday evening and trimmed the top off a couple of bushes that were too tall :)

Fun time in the supermarket yesterday watching the other customers reaction to my basket in ASDA one bottle of gin and four cartons of almond milk, saw at least four of the people in the adjoining queue watching in fascination as they jogged in solitary splendour along the conveyor to the till :hilarious:

We've just finished the last of the most recent batch of homemade icecream from the freezer. (summer fruit variety - strawberry, raspberry and redcurrant) It went down nicely after our exertions in the garden, next batch may be rum and raisin at mr gee's request :) other stuff in the ice cream queue are gooseberry fool flavour and perhaps lemon sorbet.

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

edited to add @DJC3 - it's a bit difficult to tell the exact carb count of the almond milk because the carton only references 200ml as >0.5g of carb. (of which sugars likewise), it's £1.00 per litre pack for the Longlife.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
well done. We did something technological yesterday - we finally worked out how to answer a call on our new phones. I know that isn't rocket science but to us it obviously was.

Well done!

With being profoundly deaf I have never made or received a phone call in my life. I would have no idea how to do it.

I panic each time a spam phone call comes in if I am holding the phone (I have no idea it is ringing otherwise). Not at home. I throw the phone under a cushion until it has gone away.

I don’t know how to stop the intrusive call from annoying others around me, so I turn phone off.

I don’t disable the phone call facility because I have needed others to make phone calls on my behalf on my phone from time to time.

Glad your hospital appointment went very well, and it was good for that you were seen early.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. My FBG today was 6.9 and taken at 7am by a paramedic. Woke at 3.30 with tummy pain which then came in cycles for the next two hours. At the peak each time I got sick. Never known pain like it. After screaming like a banshee OH dialled 999. The pain had abated by the time Ross arrived. He couldnt find any reason so spoke to my Dr on the phone and transferred my care. I am beached on the sofa with Daisy with a very sore tum and feeling like a wet dishcloth. Dr ringing later. Query kidney stone but I think it might just be a nasty bug. Very impressed with my care. Lovely fella Ross.
Hope you are all good and have a better day. Take care, stay well.

Reactions: Viv19 and gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. My FBG today was 6.9 and taken at 7am by a paramedic. Woke at 3.30 with tummy pain which then came in cycles for the next two hours. At the peak each time I got sick. Never known pain like it. After screaming like a banshee OH dialled 999. The pain had abated by the time Ross arrived. He couldnt find any reason so spoke to my Dr on the phone and transferred my care. I am beached on the sofa with Daisy with a very sore tum and feeling like a wet dishcloth. Dr ringing later. Query kidney stone but I think it might just be a nasty bug. Very impressed with my care. Lovely fella Ross.
Hope you are all good and have a better day. Take care, stay well.

Hugs for you, gentle ones.

That was a horrid night.

IBS used to affect me just like that.

Hope they find what caused it and you get sorted x

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Late start at work today, doing a day/night sort of shift we have Milwaukee tools coming in for some product filming (just as well I'm not going to be on camera wouldn't like the replacement costs) had a hypo last night for the first time in awhile so the meter of doom triumphantly threw a 9 at me, all the while laughing in glee! Me and the wife are now tandem coughing with the wife taking the lead in the bark stakes, but only a little as I'm moving on the inside track to take the title of "Most annoying cough and whinge". Stay tuned to see who wins this prestigious title.

Take care everyone.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Goodness, @PenguinMum that sounds terrifying. I hope the Dr has come or called by now, or if not, that s/he will very soon. Meanwhile, gentle hug, and some purring to supplement Nurse Daisy's.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Who was it wrote "Welcome to the wars"? Book? Poem? Kipling, Brooke, et al.?

It came to me upon waking this morning. It is Henry Vaughan, and the phrase is "all skillful in the wars."

MY soul, there is a country
Far beyond the stars,
Where stands a wingèd sentry
All skilful in the wars ...

https://www.bartleby.com/101/363.html

I knew it first as a poem; I heard it set to music on the very first episode of Morse.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 this morning. So much for FBG being affected by bedtime snack the night before (last night it was half a chocolate muffin and some milk).

Just saw this cutie while I was looking up something else:

cat-glasses-book-learn-diy-diamond-painting.jpg

Attachments

• cat-glasses-book-learn-diy-diamond-painting.jpg
    cat-glasses-book-learn-diy-diamond-painting.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 177

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning or should I say afternoon...after my dodgy tum start yesterday I had to dash off to Plymouth...left here at 10:30am .finally scraped home just after 4am this morning...tired irritable but so glad I went dealt with a lovely client in very difficult circumstances...left Plymouth at 10pm got off to a good start...then they closed a major part of the A303 which added an hour to an already lengthy drive...diversions in place up down & all around tiny country lanes mostly@ 20/30 MPH...I've never been so relieved to reach the M25...finally home to some cold milk & hot buttered toast (high protein bread)...then my wonderful bed...woke at midday to a 6.1

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Goodness, @PenguinMum that sounds terrifying. I hope the Dr has come or called by now, or if not, that s/he will very soon. Meanwhile, gentle hug, and some purring to supplement Nurse Daisy's.
The Dr called me after OH rushed up a urine sample (sorry if TMI) and said no kidney stone. She thinks its a nasty gastro bug. I am sipping water, no pain just very sore tum from being so sick with it. Going to try and sleep a bit. OH and girls being wonderful.
Thanks for your concern. Hope you and the KC are good.

Reactions: Viv19

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OMG sounds awful PM...thank goodness the pain is subsiding fingers crossed it is just a virus.
Thanks Bubbsie..doc thinks its probs a virus but if so it was a very rapid one.
Dont ever want that pain again. On the phone paramedics kept telling OH to give me painkillers but there was zero chance of me been able to swallow them.

Reactions: Viv19