What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just remembered that there is a senior apartment building like mine, but in my old neighborhood, near where I grew up and went to school, about 3 miles from here. I had forgotten about it because it is not within walking distance of a grocery store or any other stores, so I had crossed it off my list. But it is on a bus line, and it is only just over half a mile from a shopping center with a grocery store.

Just now I learned that next door to the grocery store is the same big old drugstore that was there 50-odd years ago -- actually more like 70 years, said the pharmacist just now on the phone (well, I don't go back that far! not yet, at least!).

I plan to do my grocery shopping there tomorrow or Friday (whichever day my Social Security check goes in) and check out the old neighborhood. It still looks good on the Google map -- changed in some ways, of course, but not in others, still residential as well as commercial.

I don't know ... I have a sort of feeling about this ...

We shall see ...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B2402AA5-8CD6-4C63-8F79-47C1A848EC40.jpeg
8.2 at 4:45am
Going down slowly.
Coffee now, black.
Grey outside.
Windy.
App says no rain but dull all day.
Sun came out yesterday at tea time.
I got a few more dozen Peacock butterflies and Red Admirals.
Managed to get this photo of this Red Admiral on my phone. It stayed feeding on the Hebe for nearly half an hour. They must be hungry when they hatch out.

I have the delights of the dentist later. Finally get my falsies back. I can finally stop entering gurning competitions now...

Take care...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just remembered that there is a senior apartment building like mine, but in my old neighborhood, near where I grew up and went to school, about 3 miles from here. I had forgotten about it because it is not within walking distance of a grocery store or any other stores, so I had crossed it off my list. But it is on a bus line, and it is only just over half a mile from a shopping center with a grocery store.

Just now I learned that next door to the grocery store is the same big old drugstore that was there 50-odd years ago -- actually more like 70 years, said the pharmacist just now on the phone (well, I don't go back that far! not yet, at least!).

I plan to do my grocery shopping there tomorrow or Friday (whichever day my Social Security check goes in) and check out the old neighborhood. It still looks good on the Google map -- changed in some ways, of course, but not in others, still residential as well as commercial.

I don't know ... I have a sort of feeling about this ...

We shall see ...

That seems really good.
There are more options than we realise, once we start thinking out of the box.
I think you have quite a bit of exciting exploring to do.
You are definitely doing the research.
Have fun!
>^..^<

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Back to LCHF. Wot no pain au chocolat? (Long face.) Can still have my fresh black French coffee (Asda) with breakfast which will be applewood smoked bacon, egg, mushrooms, no toast. Got to make the return to LCHF seem like a treat.

FBG 7.3 mmo/lt at 0530. Not bad being just back from hols.

Viv19

6.3 this morning after 6.7 last night.
Still even with the high levels due to my various accidents, and the really high peak when I had a steroid injection, the overall average is going down. LC is doing it’s job!
I see Dr Happy today to have my eyes checked. I bought the special vitamins for eyes again and keep forgetting to take them. I don’t think looking at the box helps much.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Finally I have a connection to the internet.
BG a highish (for me) 5.7 at 5am days start early at camp!
We are enjoying the inclement weather being hurled at us from the skies. Todays activity, in anticipation of further rain will be ark building!!!
So far managed not to kill any of them but it is touch and go with some of the other leaders who seem to think that they are on holiday and think that others are there to wait on them.
I will endeavour to catch up next week when I return to internet stability.
Take care