Effects of diabetes on the legs

Lionel12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have brown flecks on the lower legs and occasionally a feeling as if I've been stung there by a bee. Is this anything to do with diabetes - or just another of the joys of getting old? Or perhaps due to the heat?

Caprock94

I have brown flecks on the lower legs and occasionally a feeling as if I've been stung there by a bee. Is this anything to do with diabetes - or just another of the joys of getting old? Or perhaps due to the heat?

How long have you been diabetic? Have you recently lowered your numbers? I don't have the brown flecks, but have have some bee stings and some burning on feet since lowering my numbers back to normal levels. Hoping it fades away soon. I had no symptoms at diagnosis a few months ago.

Route 66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
How long have you been diabetic? Have you recently lowered your numbers? I don't have the brown flecks, but have have some bee stings and some burning on feet since lowering my numbers back to normal levels. Hoping it fades away soon. I had no symptoms at diagnosis a few months ago.

Likewise - As my numbers have been coming down, I have had the sensation of bee stings in the legs and burning sensation in the feet. Nice to know not alone.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi,

Trouble is, the best thing to do is to get yourself to a doctor for a proper diagnosis. There are quite a few different skin and lower leg conditions that can develop, some due to diabetes and some totally unrelated.

Best to get checked out by a pro.
Hope that helps.

(I have a varicose vein that sometimes feels like a bee sting, or as if someone has stubbed a cigarette out on my leg)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Lionel12 I’d suggest a visit to the doctor is in order - it’s impossible for anyone to diagnose here.

Hope you find out what the problem is.

Raelynn76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My answer to you was deleted because I apparently it wasn't helpful to you and was suggesting that you had the conditions I listed for you. I wasn't saying that you HAVE this but you asked about whether it's diabetes related or not and yes skin conditions are issues with diabetics. I guess if you would like to know what it was I said just ask me :happy: