Winning

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Well done!!!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
t2 diagnosed 10 years ago. Followed DN dietary advice for 8 years just led to higher levels and increased meds. 15 months ago switched to LCHF. Hba1c down from 96 to 33. Feeling great. I have a very long way to go to get to my target weight but that will come in time.
Fantastic! Just goes to show, it’s never too late. Keep up the good work x

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations. Let the good work continue.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
What a journey you've had and how far you've come recently. No one appreciates how difficult blood sugar management is until you have to do it yourself.

Reactions: Serena51

Caprock94

t2 diagnosed 10 years ago. Followed DN dietary advice for 8 years just led to higher levels and increased meds. 15 months ago switched to LCHF. Hba1c down from 96 to 33. Feeling great. I have a very long way to go to get to my target weight but that will come in time.

That is amazing! I am truly glad I found this board first when I was diagnosed a few months ago. I started right away on LCHF diet, and it has made a dramatic difference. Have you had any symptoms/complications throughout your journey? Did they get better once you switched to LCHF?

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls

Well done, that is a great result.
What a shame that the accepted medical advice on nutrition has been so bad for so long. But people can't really be faulted for following it - me included. Though in my case it was for 'heart health' since I have only recently been pushed into a T2 Diabtetic state. I'm sure if I had been given the right advice instead, back when I started high Carb whole grains and 5 a Day, i.e the one backed by the real research, then I would never have needed this Forum.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting to hear what your HCP had/has to say about your 'sudden' turn around! Well done!