Fruits ending in berry

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My palate has either changed OR I'm now more willing to suffer that first taste
I have a love/hate relationship with avocados, sometimes I really enjoy them and sometimes I can't be doing with them. I never know until I start which way it's going....weird. I do love nachos with guacamole, I still have to find a nacho substitute...the experimentation is going to be fun :)chemistry in the kitchen ......

D

Deleted member 308541

Avocados are botanically berries too. And they are recommended for low carb eating.
I might need to get out more too.
That's a good word for avo's, "avoberries" @Prem51 I like that one, I will have to rename some fruit I enjoy to mangoberries, pitayaberries, custardappleberries, etc. so I can enjoy them all the more better.
Dwe01us.gif

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That's a good word for avo's, "avoberries" @Prem51 I like that one, I will have to rename some fruit I enjoy to mangoberries, pitayaberries, custardappleberries, etc. so I can enjoy them all the more better.
Dwe01us.gif
Mangos are drupes.
The botanical definition of berries is 'a fleshy fruit produced from a single ovary'. By that definition strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and mulberries are not berries. But bananas, tomatoes, grapes, eggplants, chillies and melons are berries.
Screenshot 2019-08-03 at 07.18.00.png

Screenshot 2019-08-03 at 07.54.29.png

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat small quantities of a fairly wide range of lower carb - and if possible, in season - fruit. If the carb content per 100g is slightly too high for my liking/limit then I'll simply eat a smaller quantity to keep within budget - which is easy with small "berry style!" fruits. Larger ones like the occasional apple or orange I'll generally cut up into pieces and make a small very simple fruit salad to eat over several days. And most of the time my fruit gets eaten as part of my meal and generally with cream of some sort ,or yoghurt, or cooked with butter. My meter allows me to make my own acceptable fruit rules and will tell me if I'm ever going wrong: it's often just a matter of a bit of common sense as far as I'm concerned!

Robbity

Saur

I eat small quantities of a fairly wide range of lower carb - and if possible, in season - fruit. If the carb content per 100g is slightly too high for my liking/limit then I'll simply eat a smaller quantity to keep within budget - which is easy with small "berry style!" fruits. Larger ones like the occasional apple or orange I'll generally cut up into pieces and make a small very simple fruit salad to eat over several days. And most of the time my fruit gets eaten as part of my meal and generally with cream of some sort ,or yoghurt, or cooked with butter. My meter allows me to make my own acceptable fruit rules and will tell me if I'm ever going wrong: it's often just a matter of a bit of common sense as far as I'm concerned!

Robbity
I just received my meter and will be checking regular. It’s good to have variety otherwise you get bored and let things slip a bit as in my case.

Reactions: Prem51
D

Deleted member 308541

Mangos are drupes.
The botanical definition of berries is 'a fleshy fruit produced from a single ovary'. By that definition strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and mulberries are not berries. But bananas, tomatoes, grapes, eggplants, chillies and melons are berries.
All fruit here @Prem51, were not into botanical names for them at my place when we grew them.

One of my favourite fruits is from a cactus called a Pitaya (Dragon Fruit) which is nothing better than a weed uncultivated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitaya

Another cactus prickly pear has a fruit called Opuntia, these are eaten very carefully.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opuntia

tigz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
old injury hinders most exercises, even swimming
If you’ve not found a way that suits to get avocado into your diet try cubes/slices wrapped in pancetta bacon (found in sainsburys) and grilled or fried as preferred. Equally good on the BBQ. Works with many other foods too

Reactions: Prem51

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
I have found that I can eat a Papaya with baby bell cheese, no spikes

Saur

Sounds great.
If you’ve not found a way that suits to get avocado into your diet try cubes/slices wrapped in pancetta bacon (found in sainsburys) and grilled or fried as preferred. Equally good on the BBQ. Works with many other foods too
Thankyou

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a love/hate relationship with avocados, sometimes I really enjoy them and sometimes I can't be doing with them. I never know until I start which way it's going....weird. I do love nachos with guacamole, I still have to find a nacho substitute...the experimentation is going to be fun :)chemistry in the kitchen ......
Cheese crisps?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Robbity
That’s pretty much how I approach fruit now.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
D

Deleted member 308541

You guys have a different flora and fauna to the rest of us. :D
You're not wrong, we have a lot of bush tucker stuff that have kept the local indiginous people going over the past 40000 years.