ElizaChota

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Insulin. (Takes over my life)
I went into hospital two days ago because I was feeling really ill. I was shaky and my heart was racy. Checked my blood sugar at home, it was 28.0 and went to the hospital, it had dropped to 20.9 but my heart rate was 188. and my blood pressure was 157/101 They rushed me in and hooked me up to the heart monitor, all the alarms were going off and I was beyond scared. They called the doctor to the T-2 room I was in and he got there pretty fast, he was concerned because I was there the day before with the same symptoms but I was presenting worse than the day before. My breathing was shallow and the nurses were trying to calm me down because I said I didn't feel well and also during this time, at home I was very pale and when I got to the hospital I vomited twice and was even more pale. I got an intravenous line right away and fluids to help bring my blood sugar and pulse down. They did the same tests as the day before and still nothing showed up. Only thing wrong apparently was my liver, it wasn't drastically elevated but it was enough to concern them. And now I'm in hospital on the medical ward to get my insulin levels changed and I might be here for a couple days. I've been running high for two - three weeks, and I finally got admitted. But I'm glad that I got a good doctor that also saw me the day before so he knew I wasn't lying to him. Thanks Dr. *****.

Edited by moderator to remove health care professional’s name

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kevin259

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Great that they are bringing your levels down. Hope you are out safely soon.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
I went into hospital two days ago because I was feeling really ill. I was shaky and my heart was racy. Checked my blood sugar at home, it was 28.0 and went to the hospital, it had dropped to 20.9 but my heart rate was 188. and my blood pressure was 157/101 They rushed me in and hooked me up to the heart monitor, all the alarms were going off and I was beyond scared. They called the doctor to the T-2 room I was in and he got there pretty fast, he was concerned because I was there the day before with the same symptoms but I was presenting worse than the day before. My breathing was shallow and the nurses were trying to calm me down because I said I didn't feel well and also during this time, at home I was very pale and when I got to the hospital I vomited twice and was even more pale. I got an intravenous line right away and fluids to help bring my blood sugar and pulse down. They did the same tests as the day before and still nothing showed up. Only thing wrong apparently was my liver, it wasn't drastically elevated but it was enough to concern them. And now I'm in hospital on the medical ward to get my insulin levels changed and I might be here for a couple days. I've been running high for two - three weeks, and I finally got admitted. But I'm glad that I got a good doctor that also saw me the day before so he knew I wasn't lying to him. Thanks Dr. *****.

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery!

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you’re feeling better. Whilst you’re there push hard for someone to do the testing to establish if you are in fact type 1. It sounds like it’s really needed and overdue. Your age and experiences in the last few weeks a lot less likely it’s type 2.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Hi, @ElizaChota, sending you my very best wishes for a healthy and a speedy recovery, you're in the best place, take care.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Get well soon x

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooohh, that's a shocker.
No wonder you were scared.

Like many say your in the best place to get the help your clearly need.

I hope they do the tests to make sure it is T2, and not a misdiagnosis.

Get better soonest, @ElizaChota

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Wish you speedy recovery.

Reactions: 1spuds

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Prayers sent.Hope they really get this sorted out this time.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @ElizaChota how scary for you, hope you are starting to feel a lot better ? Please let us know how you are :)