Insulin and more visits to the toilet

longshanks

Hello,
I am interested if any other person has this problem, I am T2 and have been on Insulin (humulin M3) since last September, I also take Metformin SR and Linagliptin. Since the beginning of this year I have been getting far to many toilet calls 3-4 times a day with very little warning, this is usually only up to 12 o'clock. My Question does any other insulin user get these problem's? My diabetic nurse say's she hasn't heard of anyone else with this problem.
regards
Brian

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can’t comment on Insulin side effects but have you considered that it might be the Metformin? Loose stools can be a side effect.

Reactions: Fenn

Route 66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was drinking and going to the loo a lot, but since on insulin (Humulin M3) I am back to normal (Phew) - No great thirst and no frequent loo visits now unless my bg is high and then have to make a few visits.

As your visits happen before 12, could it be when your BS is higher in the morning and your body is trying to get rid of the sugar? Does it happen before you take the Humulin?

Last edited:

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
My diabetic nurse say's she hasn't heard of anyone else with this problem.

Your diabetic nurse should really have suggested seeing the GP. It could be several things, including medication.

Have you had your prostate checked?

I have similar issues, trouble is it's between midnight and 06:00 and a right pain. Prostate cancer has been diagnosed (biopsy) but as my PSA is 1.1, they don't seem too panicked and I have quarterly blood checks. I also take Amlodopine, Doxyzosin and Lisinopril and I forget which one causes frequent urination and which one causes fluid retention. Just something to add to the mix.

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,
I am interested if any other person has this problem, I am T2 and have been on Insulin (humulin M3) since last September, I also take Metformin SR and Linagliptin. Since the beginning of this year I have been getting far to many toilet calls 3-4 times a day with very little warning, this is usually only up to 12 o'clock. My Question does any other insulin user get these problem's? My diabetic nurse say's she hasn't heard of anyone else with this problem.
regards
Brian
Hi, go back and see GP. Unsure if you're referring to 1s or 2s but definitely need to get checked out.