Best tenner I've spent this year.

Anniya84

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Food that is killing me slowly
I got this book at The Works for £6, so thank you, @Guzzler, for recommending it. I've read it from cover to cover, it's brilliant!

I've handed the book to my mother-in-law because she is a type 2, but her diet consists of toasts, biscuits, cakes, pasties and potatoes (cringe!), so I'm trying to educate her about eating healthy. She doesn't get that carbs are bad and she also shouldn't binge on low-fat foods. I realise that she may have given up in her age (75), but I want her to understand that we still have many years ahead of us (hopefully) and we want to live healthy and diabetes-free.

Sorry for the rant!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I got this book at The Works for £6, so thank you, @Guzzler, for recommending it. I've read it from cover to cover, it's brilliant!

I've handed the book to my mother-in-law because she is a type 2, but her diet consists of toasts, biscuits, cakes, pasties and potatoes (cringe!), so I'm trying to educate her about eating healthy. She doesn't get that carbs are bad and she also shouldn't binge on low-fat foods. I realise that she may have given up in her age (75), but I want her to understand that we still have many years ahead of us (hopefully) and we want to live healthy and diabetes-free.

Sorry for the rant!
Well, I am 60yo and there are members here in their seventh decade who have made the switch and seen the benefits. It is never too late to make even the smallest of changes. Well done you and good luck to your MIL.

Reactions: Anniya84

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views

Sorry for the rant!
Never apologise for a rant, you are doing such a sweet and wonderful thing for your mother. Did the same with my Dad as well and getting his HBA1C down and his weight so never give up there!

Anniya84

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Food that is killing me slowly
Well, I am 60yo and there are members here in their seventh decade who have made the switch and seen the benefits. It is never too late to make even the smallest of changes. Well done you and good luck to your MIL.
Thanks, @Guzzler, I will need all the luck I can get! Because she lives with us, I really hope that she catches on with eating right. It will make cooking and mealtimes less complicated and more peaceful. ;)
Never apologise for a rant, you are doing such a sweet and wonderful thing for your mother. Did the same with my Dad as well and getting his HBA1C down and his weight so never give up there!
I have been following your story on this forum, @Caeseji, and it's been an inspiration to want to change things in my life. :joyful: I'm going to have my blood test tomorrow morning, so if I can prove to her that I have drastically improved my numbers by changing to low-carb lifestyle, I can't see how she could argue against it. :cat: My postprandial BG readings are already better than my non-diabetic partner's, who eats low carb with me but then he still goes for a tub of ice cream and a multipack of chocolates... :facepalm: So, really I have to convince them both to come to their senses!