Test Results Quandry

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is that seeds or milk and if seeds how much milk?
Seeds. Then add about a cup full and a half of milk, you can add more as required. Sorry it’s a bit vague but I just do it by eye.

You need to leave it for an hour or two in the fridge and stir occasionally. I often top it off with some mixed berry’s or mix in cocoa powder.

I enjoy it.

Reactions: Bigbaz

Bigbaz

Seeds. Then add about a cup full and a half of milk, you can add more as required. Sorry it’s a bit vague but I just do it by eye

Thank you for that but I’ve just read that they have three times more iron than spinach so I cannot eat them.

Bigbaz

I am in a comparable situation to you. Living on state pension
Keep it simple, and good luck.

Hi, a lot of what you say there is what I’m doing and it does make sense as my readings are not wildly high.

Like you I got my meter through a friendly practice nurse after the doctor refused but the on going problem is that the doctor prescribes not the nurse.

I’ve been to the doctors today to make an appointment and the earliest I can get is just over three weeks away so I’ve had to go with that. At the end of the day I need a prescription for test strips and a visit to a dietician.

Thanks for your input.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, a lot of what you say there is what I’m doing and it does make sense as my readings are not wildly high.

Like you I got my meter through a friendly practice nurse after the doctor refused but the on going problem is that the doctor prescribes not the nurse.

I’ve been to the doctors today to make an appointment and the earliest I can get is just over three weeks away so I’ve had to go with that. At the end of the day I need a prescription for test strips and a visit to a dietician.

Thanks for your input.
Seeking a dietician is what led me to this forum.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought some Chia seeds today but they weren’t cheap, question though how much do you need for a breakfast.

You don't need much - they are very filling, when soaked.

I have used this recipe as a guideline. Personally, I wouldn't use the maple syrup, so just left that out.

http://www.melissahartfiel.com/2017/07/26/single-serve-chocolate-chia-pudding/

It doesn't take long to prepare then a couple of decent ignorings, so if you give it a go, and it's not quite enough, you could always make more.

I have also, on ocassion, left out the vanilla extract and used orange extract, so that I have a chocolate and orange pudding. I've yet to swap the vanilla for peppermint flavouring for another variation.

Have a little experiment. :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay I like pastries especially cheese and onion pasties. I’m good with vegetables but have to eat very small quantities of some like cabbage and sprouts due to the iron content.

Salad I can eat but it’s a once a month thing, that said I like onion of all kinds cut up and mixed with tinned tuna.

Beef I like but again iron content is a problem, corned beef I’m unsure about, pork is fine but not chicken, I cannot stand it.

Cheese I love as I do deli meats, cannot stand anything with garlic though.

Chinese and Indian food I like but stopped those a while ago.

Sausage I can take or leave, I prefer beef but again iron content. Going to try some for breakfast perhaps with tinned tomato.

Eggs are okay but not all the time. Fruit I cannot have which is fortunate as I don’t like it.

Pasta not a great lover of it. Fish is not a favourite, tinned tuna or salmon being the best. Sardines on toast are okay but I know the bread has to go. Fish from the chippy I like.

My breakfast cereal was my favourite meal of the day and now that’s gone as has cheese on toast as a snack.

Basically I could go into a supermarket to find a dinner and come out with nothing.

OK so cheese, deli meats, pork, fish all great
Veg like cauliflower, broccoli, avocado maybe?
Beef in moderation.. high meat content sausages are all fine too.
Chinese crispy duck? (ditch the pancakes and sauces)
Lamb Tikka for Indian maybe with some aubergine? I usually get chicken tikka but you say you don't like it..
Fish from the chippy is ok providing you get rid of most of the batter (obvs no chips)
Sounds like a good basis for a low carb diet.

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay I like pastries especially cheese and onion pasties. I’m good with vegetables but have to eat very small quantities of some like cabbage and sprouts due to the iron content.

Salad I can eat but it’s a once a month thing, that said I like onion of all kinds cut up and mixed with tinned tuna.

Beef I like but again iron content is a problem, corned beef I’m unsure about, pork is fine but not chicken, I cannot stand it.

Cheese I love as I do deli meats, cannot stand anything with garlic though.

Chinese and Indian food I like but stopped those a while ago.

Sausage I can take or leave, I prefer beef but again iron content. Going to try some for breakfast perhaps with tinned tomato.

Eggs are okay but not all the time. Fruit I cannot have which is fortunate as I don’t like it.

Pasta not a great lover of it. Fish is not a favourite, tinned tuna or salmon being the best. Sardines on toast are okay but I know the bread has to go. Fish from the chippy I like.

My breakfast cereal was my favourite meal of the day and now that’s gone as has cheese on toast as a snack.

Basically I could go into a supermarket to find a dinner and come out with nothing.

I think you need to force yourself to get used to new things. With children who won’t eat thing or don’t like them you have to just keep putting it in front of them. Eventually they usually eat it. I didn’t used to like eggs but I do now, but only boiled and they must have salt. Salads are very different depending on the type of leaves. A bug dollop of full fat mayo makes anything delicious. Good luck