Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, fab day yesterday, went to the Edward Jenner house and museum in Berkeley; apparently through his vaccine (and the vaccination technique he developed) he's saved more lives than anyone else ever. He seems to be better known internationally than here. Fascinating place if you get the chance.

Went on to the Purton Ships' Graveyard (who knew there was such a thing?) and had a great walk along the bank of the Severn then back along the canal towpath on a warm sunny breezy day http://www.friendsofpurton.org.uk/index1.html. would recommend both if you're ever in the area.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning great holey ones, just scraped into the 5 badge wearers club this morning with a 5.9 was 6.2 before bed so happy with that.

It's interesting to hear about other countries health care 'systems' - it sounds like the big pharamcompanies are scr3wing the insurance companies, and the insurance companies are passing that on to their paying customers in the US.........

Steady lines everyone.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Greetings teabags, smooth sailing here, wishing you the same :)

Oh, remember I got trodden on at the end of June? Big toenail finally parted company last night, luckily there’s a new one growing in underneath.

No idea what the day holds yet, nobody else up yet!

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Yes. And the wedding. And christenings of all children, should you go in for that.

I already have a dress ( it's the one I had for my daughter's wedding last year, but I couldn't go) shoes too, so I do need to wear it before I get too old and decrepit o_O

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Mine’s about 75 according to my actual Fitbit. Normal is anywhere between 60 and 100bpm according to my training.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interestingly my resting heart rate on the Fitbit goes up sharply the day following a couple of glasses of wine. But also if glucose levels are higher than I would like. Every so often I have a couple of weeks without alcohol, (I don’t know why either!) but notice it creeping up if I am struggling to keep levels down. The past 30 days have shown a low of 67 and high of 74 with an up and down line in the middle. Today 72. It goes down after swimming but due to a mare of a virus have missed last 4 sessions.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Resting heart beat hmmmmmm just checked and 95! @Mel dCP are you close by with your crew? :hilarious:
Thats stress in work having to deal with Joe Public who know ZERO and less about cars lol

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1565096370122.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Any idea what your resting heart rate is?
I have been asking my faux fitbit to measure my heart rate when I wake in the morning ... before I get out of bed. It seems to be in the 40s. I guess my faux fitbit could be reading low but it gets pretty high when spinning. Or it could be like the Libre - reads more accurate in the middle.
Or I could be "reawakening" rather than just waking up.

I have a faux fitbit too, is this the heart rate icon ?
scv20190806_141715.jpeg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The nice woman asked me my insurance number and then asked what color I wanted, silver or blue. I thought she had misunderstood but MY BRAND NEW SHINY BLUE FANCY HIGH TECH INSULIN PEN WILL BE DELIVERED TOMORROW! :D:D:D

Turns out insurance actually pays for 4 pens every 3 years, 2 for both insulins. As I use single use pens for my Tresiba because I use the U200, which only comes in single use pens, I can still get the new pen :)

Today I love my online pharmacy even more!

Insurance called back and I explained how everything had been solved by now. She told me I already had had 4 pens in the past 3 years, I had forgotten about Lantus, as I donated those pens to Insulin for Life when I switched to Tresiba.
First I figured I didn't really care, as the mistake lay with the phamacy, and after all I had asked 3 times if she was absolutely sure the new pen would be paid for by my insurance. So who-ever was going to pay for the pen, it wouldn't be me. And besides, you can't send medical stuff back once it's left the pharmacy and the pen was probably on it's way to me already.

But it didn't feel right, knowing that they were going to have to pay for it and not do anything about it. I figured the pharmacy's warning system is based on their own administration and I had gotten those pens from my last pharmacy so they wouldn't be in their system.

So I called them to explain the whole thing and to ask if they could still cancel the order as I didn't want them to have to pay for the pen. I can wait till next year.

upload_2019-8-6_15-23-8.jpeg

They told me not to worry about it. It was their mistake and they were happy to pay for my shiny new pen if they had to. It's a big pharmacy and mistakes like this are calculated, and after all, how could they cancel when I was so very happy about getting this pen!

So now I'm back to staring at the mail box with a clear conscience :)
And trying to make the last units of insulin in my current pen last until it arrives so I can try it right away :hilarious:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I am so pleased it's arrived @Antje77 - it is so useful. I just wish my bolus pen was that useful. Mine that has the little display is for the Levemir but Lilly do the Humalog and their pens don't have that handy widget. Mine does do half units, which I'm glad of and I have a spare - brand new - looking for a home.

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fairygodmother

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Everyone here is so sweet, so sweet that it is making my diabetes giggle. :hilarious:
I'll go scream at my assignments and I hope this is worth my sanity, eye bags and tears. :arghh::banghead:

Reactions: slip and porl69

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Sorry Mods - didn't realise :banghead:

I am tired, relaxed and comfy. All that is left to make the evening complete is snuggling up with husband to watch some DVD's old TV series!