Diabetes Interest Group

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I came across the Diabetes Interest Group a few days ago at a local Self Care event. They had their own stall, were dishing out their own leaflets aswell as those from Diabetes UK.

They have been established by the North West Coast Strategic Clinical Networks.

I was able to have a chat with the representatives. The individual I spoke to was aware of Dr David Unwin, was aware of low carb high fat dietary control of Type 2 Diabetes but was not aware of Diabetes.co.uk but she took the address from me once I had drawn her attention to this forum and website.

I have registered with them.

Has anyone else come across this body / group? Under the heading of Patient Engagement:

“Peoples Voice – Diabetes improvement group
The Diabetes Network wants to ensure that the voices of the public, of patients and carers are at the centre of everything we do. We will only make decisions about all our activities after listening carefully to the people who use and care about Diabetes services.”

https://www.england.nhs.uk/north/no...are-and-diabetes/diabetes/patient-engagement/

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry no I've never heard of them.

This is an NHS England development:

19139E72-91C8-4CF7-8853-53F4C343B94A.jpeg

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Probably worth bumping this. This is the NHS at the very least trying to get in amongst the public to help diabetics and to help prevent diabetes.

I am surprised nobody has heard of this effort. But maybe it is totally new.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Is it limited to the North and north east only?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Dunno John. I wish I had asked now. Presumably you are not from the norf?
No I live in the East Midlands now and can't find any thing quite like the diabetes interest group here in Nottingham area.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can’t find anything by that name in the souf!

HelenHak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Our area has Health Champions for various conditions. I run a support group for T2. I believe this is an NHS initiative that the GP practices here in Dorset have been keen to get going.