DANA diabecare R

livvylavyloo

hi

i hope you could help me i am getting a dana insulin pump this month and i would like to know what people think about it i have had a cozmo for 4years and it kept braking i just need a bit of reasurance please :)

thanks

olivia

jopar

From what my firends say's the DanaR pump sound very nice indeed, she be getting hers in the next week or so after she had one for a play and looksy with...

silvarbullet1

Any update on this? Not many people have them so I think we're all interested to hear any info/opinions on the Diabecare R (I am!)

Vikki2

Hi
I'm sorry I missed this post! My 6 yr old daughter has this pump. In fact 1 year ago yesterday was when she got it! We get on great with it. It's very small & light. The best thing about it is the remote control which means we don't need access to the pump itself on a day to day basis so this can be tucked nicely away in a belt under clothes and we operate it with the remote control. There are a lot of functions. It gives us great flexibility. If anyone has a specific question about it then I am happy to answer this.
All the best
Vikki

iHs

Hi Vikki

If you use the Dana teststrips, who supplies them - AT or do you get them through your GP?. Will the pump allow you to use another bg meter and manually enter the reading on the remote?

Vikki2

Hi
Advanced Therapeutics provide us with their test strips and yes you could manually put in your BG level but having the level go in automatically and only having one piece of equipment to carry around is a lot more convenient.
X

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Vikki

What infusion sets do you use with this pump? It's a while before I can change my pump but my main concern is sets and having one that is easy to insert with firing device included.

However I really like the look of this pump :)

Vikki2

Hi
At first we used a cannula & this came with a 'firing device'! But as my daughter is very young and doesn't have much fat on her so this didn't work for us. We now use a smaller stainless steel needle set which I have to insert myself. I was nervous at first but tbh it's really easy to insert and she is doing really well with this infusion set. The cannula had a choice of tube lengths but the ss needle doesn't.
Vikki
x