What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ha...me too.

I try to mark each post with like, funny etc.

I know I've done it, see it marked.
Then when I go back I look for those responses to tell me I missed s post.. the response is missing..but I KNOW I read that post and remarked on it.

I'm blaming Denis.

Well....he has got "Form"...LoL;)
Yep I've got the missing like, hug, winner etc t shirt. Another investigation on the cards?!!@#$!%??

Reactions: HarryBeau

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, well only 8hrs driving yesterday so am a bit tired this morning and the meter of doom, nay the harbinger of terrible tidings, threw a 5.8 at me so hard that I had to dive out of the way! You could see the anger from it. My cough has now gone into the really annoying stage now, just the occasional bark that annoys the dog! My wife's unfortunately is still bad and she is now on different antibiotics, so I can safely say that she has comfortably won the coughing race (I knew she would) so the chemotherapy has to be stopped for longer than we had planned and now means that I will be doing a lot more, and I quote , ahem " will you please stop faffing about, I have a cough now ###### off" I will let you guess what the redacted words are. And its only Friday!! That means a full weekend of camping in the pub and drinking ourselves silly, dancing on tables and climbing trees naked! or alternatively tidying, sitting serenely and cleaning the house. Don't get washed away in this rain, we up in the North are in danger of watching the world float by. So take care and above all enjoy the weekend, and do something daring.

Viv19

A hug for letting your heart rule your head. ;)
He's a KNOWN juvenile delinquent

And was caught lN THE ACT... AT the scene of the crime, according to constable @DJC ..:D

Don't worry, most likely he'll get a soft judge, who'll just make him wear a TAG.... :hilarious:

You know it’s not really psychologically positive to pin that kind of label on a juvenile offender. It’s well known that if someone says they’re not to be trusted in any way or form, then they usually live up to it. That doesn’t bode well for the future of your furniture DJC3.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher love Popeye’s start to the day...dark here so Bobs and Daisy were reluctant to get up today, took one look through the cat flap and decided no rush!

Reactions: HarryBeau

Viv19

Poor nights sleep.so got up.
late back to bed, then up early..:rolleyes:

lost appetite last few days, skipped any big meals yesterday

tested this morning 5.8
Felt a little hungry...SO...
Cooked breakfast..:happy:

one fried egg, 3 sausages, 3 rashers, 3 mushroom, one tomato quartered
1/4 tin of no sugar baked beans..TWO slices of hi-lo..buttered, 2 cuppas, one for while eating , one for ron)

delicious..too much food left 1 sausage..and some juice..:)

tested pre foods 5.5 at 12:46pm..tested post meal 6.0 2;24pm...GET IN..:D

gonna retest 3:30 see it;s a late riser, just to be sure.

@ianpspurs , nice to see you back.
i had similar posts form ages back but nothing from this thread then like buses a few come along together.

For this one i just hit any likes.hugs from here in my notifications...then read
then head over to new posts,..then read
THEN
hit Home page...and read

Not everything shows up under every listing, so I've got used to tracking
across to pick as much up as possible.

and for those post i do remember but can't find even then
i go back to my profile and return to the post thread that way

Notifications is a flawed system at moment, sadly.

And whoever it was with Canestan (;):bag:)

I can match that.... almost.

Lauren uses a mouth spray for her b12.

I was getting cramps and bought a magnesium spray to help cure it..(worked too )
a few morning later, i get up all sleepy, laurens been up a while
seems she had leg cramps too, but complained that the magnesium, wasn't all that, so stopped taking it.

Really works for me..what didn't you like about it..i know the spray leaves a white 'dusting' on your legs...

"SPRAY ?...For your SKIN"....:wideyed::woot::***:

seems she didn't like the TASTE....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

What am i going to DO with her...:rolleyes:

;):happy:

Magnesium powders in single doses work for me for cramps. No 2 daughter swears by Epsom salts baths - not for cramps but for muscle ache after lots of exercise. If you have a bath, it can be helpful.

Viv19

The journalist for The Sun says if she has space it will be in there! I do hope so. I dream of the day diabetics type 1 and 2 and beyond have low carb options confirmed. Educate people of the benefits. Its not for everyone but it could work for so many more.

I haven’t managed to read it all yet Debandez, but now everything is quieter I’ll look on my laptop. I usually read everything on my phone but that’s too small for this. It looks like it’s your magnus opus!! Great job!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A hug for letting your heart rule your head. ;)
He's a KNOWN juvenile delinquent

And was caught lN THE ACT... AT the scene of the crime, according to constable @DJC ..:D

Don't worry, most likely he'll get a soft judge, who'll just make him wear a TAG.... :hilarious:

Quote unquote

Custodial sentences – young offenders can receive custodial sentences but they will only be imposed in the most serious cases. When they are given, they aim to provide training and education and rehabilitate the offender so they don't reoffend.

So it's down to you @DJC3 !! No pressure.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 34764

I was wondering @Debandez if you can copy some of these gifs..so just tried saving it into photos...now going to attempt to transfer it to here...hope it works...
I think it works...but no idea how to get it after my words...so group hug for everyone!

Not quite got it haha

Attachments

• E17DB157-613B-48A3-885C-ACFB8D212F71.gif
    E17DB157-613B-48A3-885C-ACFB8D212F71.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 201

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.1 still higher than I an happy with but I will get there. Not doing anything wrong so it should settle. Now I am very concerned about Dennis. I hope he isnt in custody (ie behind the sofa) and I will march (all the way to Cornwall) to protest if necessary for his case to be dismissed and his good name be restored. Anyone with me?
Btw if it goes that far Judge Rinder would be my choice to hear the case.
Have a great Friday and @DJC3 batten down the hatches. Take care, stay well, stay safe.
Yellow vest at the ready (permanent fixture in our cloakroom at the moment, but I need to be ready for battle at shortest notice). Stay safe, stay indoors!!! @DJC3

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s raining outside - good job as well - raining inside indicates faulty roof. It’s a tad windy also. Waterproofs then for a promenade.
Anyhow, good morning everyone and Bon Weekend.

Wonder wheels abound and my sneaky bite, nay nibble, of a pan au chocolate last night wound mine up to a rock and roll 5.9 in the five and dime.

Off to our little house on the prairie today. Mrs Miggins is determined to fit some voiles to the windows and doors - they look like net curtains to me but what do I know. She wanted roman blinds but all the ones in sizes she needed seem to be have taken over to Gaul by Constantine III when he skipped Britain. She will probably find a local fundi to make some at some point.

Koffy calls. Have a great day if you can. Like a bag of words to speak, the bag of hugs is never empty. Grab one if you like.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, well only 8hrs driving yesterday so am a bit tired this morning and the meter of doom, nay the harbinger of terrible tidings, threw a 5.8 at me so hard that I had to dive out of the way! You could see the anger from it. My cough has now gone into the really annoying stage now, just the occasional bark that annoys the dog! My wife's unfortunately is still bad and she is now on different antibiotics, so I can safely say that she has comfortably won the coughing race (I knew she would) so the chemotherapy has to be stopped for longer than we had planned and now means that I will be doing a lot more, and I quote , ahem " will you please stop faffing about, I have a cough now ###### off" I will let you guess what the redacted words are. And its only Friday!! That means a full weekend of camping in the pub and drinking ourselves silly, dancing on tables and climbing trees naked! or alternatively tidying, sitting serenely and cleaning the house. Don't get washed away in this rain, we up in the North are in danger of watching the world float by. So take care and above all enjoy the weekend, and do something daring.

I prioritise and gave a hug, your poor wife is going through the mill. I hope these antibiotics kick in quickly.

You still made me laugh. It's the way you write. So good to keep your brilliant sense of humour through adversity.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven’t managed to read it all yet Debandez, but now everything is quieter I’ll look on my laptop. I usually read everything on my phone but that’s too small for this. It looks like it’s your magnus opus!! Great job!
I know how you feel, it's a full time job just keeping up with my social.media, and this thread BUT I LOVE IT.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I prioritise and gave a hug, your poor wife is going through the mill. I hope these antibiotics kick in quickly.

You still made me laugh. It's the way you write. So good to keep your brilliant sense of humour through adversity.
I'm glad my ramblings make you laugh, I just prattle on and see where I end up! My wife has certainly been through it a lot over the last few years so this cough is a hiccup, that she is taking in her stride, me on the other hand, has turned into the worlds best worrier. We have had more blue light dashes to hospital than you can shake a big stick at (A VERY BIG stick) and took it all in my stride, now years later and I worry over a cough! No wonder she's getting a bit fed up of me saying "Are you alright, do you need anything, do you need me" etc, etc, no wonder I get told to go away! she did mention and I quote ….ahem " god knows what you will be like when I'm really ill again, now go away and get a grip of yourself" or words to that effect, I can't possibly repeat it all!!

Reactions: HarryBeau and Viv19

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Upto date. Very funny posts. Starts my day off perfectly when I get to read early in the day.

5.9 for me. Stressful day yesterday. BIL at drs. He has lost more weight. Since May another 7lbs. This is on top of the 3 stone initial loss early in the year prior to dx. Heart rate way to high. Nausea but not sick. Dr was thorough. Straight to hospital. Path lab for hba1c and other blood tests requested. Chest xray. Straight to hospital path lab. No queue. In and out. Over to xray dept. No queue. In and out!!! And this is one of the busiest hospitals in the country! Amazing the NHS. Back to surgery today as booked for ecg. I didnt sleep well. Woke early. But I'm ok. Just hope my BIL is.

Happy Friday to all.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm glad my ramblings make you laugh, I just prattle on and see where I end up! My wife has certainly been through it a lot over the last few years so this cough is a hiccup, that she is taking in her stride, me on the other hand, has turned into the worlds best worrier. We have had more blue light dashes to hospital than you can shake a big stick at (A VERY BIG stick) and took it all in my stride, now years later and I worry over a cough! No wonder she's getting a bit fed up of me saying "Are you alright, do you need anything, do you need me" etc, etc, no wonder I get told to go away! she did mention and I quote ….ahem " god knows what you will be like when I'm really ill again, now go away and get a grip of yourself" or words to that effect, I can't possibly repeat it all!!
I've hit the winner button because you make a winning team. Always looking out for each other. You've both had a very tough few years.

Now go and see if she is ok, if she needs a brew, her toe nails painting (that will throw her!!). I dont need a crystal ball to know the answer :)