Low blood sugars and diagnosis of T2

IssyH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I am not diagnosed diabetic, but do sometimes have very low blood sugars (2.8, 3.2 etc).
When I did a 6 hour GTT, I got a very rapid rise in blood sugars, then a very rapid fall below base level.
I tend to eat at lunchtime, and then nothing in the evening, or maybe a very light low carb snack.
When they test fasting blood sugars, they've always been "normal".
Could I be getting false negative results due to the fasting being maybe 20 hours, instead of the expected 8 to 12 hours?.
Could the HBA1C also be giving false normal due to very low blood sugars balancing out any high blood sugars?

If these are possible false results, I could eat a highish carb meal in the evening before a fasting blood test - but that would mean no sleep that night!.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not diagnosed diabetic, but do sometimes have very low blood sugars (2.8, 3.2 etc).
When I did a 6 hour GTT, I got a very rapid rise in blood sugars, then a very rapid fall below base level.
I tend to eat at lunchtime, and then nothing in the evening, or maybe a very light low carb snack.
When they test fasting blood sugars, they've always been "normal".
Could I be getting false negative results due to the fasting being maybe 20 hours, instead of the expected 8 to 12 hours?.
Could the HBA1C also be giving false normal due to very low blood sugars balancing out any high blood sugars?

If these are possible false results, I could eat a highish carb meal in the evening before a fasting blood test - but that would mean no sleep that night!.
Sounds more like Reactive Hypoglycemia than diabetes... https://www.diabetes.co.uk/reactive-hypoglycemia.html sound familiar?