What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Deranged old backwoods hermit just checking in with all you woke modernistas. @johnpol what a superbly well balanced and loving couple. @karen8967 gorgeous pictures and good fbg. @Debandez hope BIL finds good/helpful news today. Eclectic pair of anniversaries hove into view today. Mary Sumner passed away this day in 1921 and 3 years ago today we made our first home made almond milk. My fbg today was 6.1 but testing and bg levels right now is a little like painting the funnel on the sinking titanic - (not diabetes related). Chin, chin.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.1 still higher than I an happy with but I will get there. Not doing anything wrong so it should settle. Now I am very concerned about Dennis. I hope he isnt in custody (ie behind the sofa) and I will march (all the way to Cornwall) to protest if necessary for his case to be dismissed and his good name be restored. Anyone with me?
Btw if it goes that far Judge Rinder would be my choice to hear the case.
Have a great Friday and @DJC3 batten down the hatches. Take care, stay well, stay safe.

Good philosophical attitude to BG - you’re right it’ll settle so we just keep on keeping on.
As for Dennis, I think he is hoodwinking the jury by by his furry innocent looks. Don’t be fooled, under those bushy brows he is always plotting the next round of mischief. He’s asleep on my foot atm but I’m sure he’s dreaming up his next scheme for creating mayhem.

Viv19

Upto date. Very funny posts. Starts my day off perfectly when I get to read early in the day.

5.9 for me. Stressful day yesterday. BIL at drs. He has lost more weight. Since May another 7lbs. This is on top of the 3 stone initial loss early in the year prior to dx. Heart rate way to high. Nausea but not sick. Dr was thorough. Straight to hospital. Path lab for hba1c and other blood tests requested. Chest xray. Straight to hospital path lab. No queue. In and out. Over to xray dept. No queue. In and out!!! And this is one of the busiest hospitals in the country! Amazing the NHS. Back to surgery today as booked for ecg. I didnt sleep well. Woke early. But I'm ok. Just hope my BIL is.

Happy Friday to all.

Poor guy. He’s lucky to have you there. Hug and flowers for you!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Deranged old backwoods hermit just checking in with all you woke modernistas. @johnpol what a superbly well balanced and loving couple. @karen8967 gorgeous pictures and good fbg. @Debandez hope BIL finds good/helpful news today. Eclectic pair of anniversaries hove into view today. Mary Sumner passed away this day in 1921 and 3 years ago today we made our first home made almond milk. My fbg today was 6.1 but testing and bg levels right now is a little like painting the funnel on the sinking titanic - (not diabetes related). Chin, chin.

Almond milk - tried some propriety brands but couldn’t get on with it. Perhaps home made has a better, and perhaps controllable, taste.
Mary Sumner - another thing learned today.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning when I woke up, but promptly went back to sleep. Another day or 2 and I may be back to my old routine of actually staying awake all day.

Great numbers of late, @Fndwheelie

How goes the food now, carers getting used to prepping for low carb ?

However your doing it, the good scores keep on coming.
Marvellous stuff. :D

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

I had a day and night of hypos even though I’m reducing both bolus and basal

Ok everyone have a good day

Reactions: Viv19

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great numbers of late, @Fndwheelie

How goes the food now, carers getting used to prepping for low carb ?

However your doing it, the good scores keep on coming.
Marvellous stuff. :D
Thanks! It’s not been too hard actually, I’ve switched to having a protein shake or protein yogurt for breakfast, and maybe a babybel or two.
Lunch is kinda what they provide but I buy bags of microwave veggies to add to it, if the meat is not suitable then I have sandwich slices of chicken and turkey to have with veggies. My tea is usually ham and cheese salad but starting to get a bit bored of it.
Cutting out the bread, potatoes, pasta etc was a lot easier than I expected it to be.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, 5.3 on the testing dice, decidedly chillier here in the mountains, certainly chillier than the drive through Death Valley yesterday where the temperature hit 46C in Stovepipe Wells. Stopped off at Area 51 yesterday, well it was a roadside cafe and petrol station, as I was tucking in to my bowl of chilli I saw a queue of guys waiting at a door to a pink building, “what are they queuing for” I asked the waitress, “ oh that’s the local cathouse” says she, “but they don’t have any cats” says I, she looked at me and laughed then went on to explain that cathouse was a term they use for brothel. Every days a school day.

Reactions: karen8967 and Viv19

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning/afternoon as appropriate on where you are..yes i mean YOU Yosemite sam, aka @trick60

Hope the hols going well...sat awaiting the next update of pics...:D

But i know your busy enjoy life, hols and family..so in your own time..;)

ME,,fbg was 6.0 on waking..late..(long lie in) noon..
feeling a lot more like myself today...(oh no i hear you say,:wideyed:... but trust me, that's good,:wacky::happy:;)).

made breakfast...some cubes of double Gloucester cheese, one tom sliced up (salt added :nurse: )
splash of coleslaw, half an apple cubed and one buttered Dr Kargs cracker

12:43 6.0
2:28 6.7 post meal
3:32 5.4 Back in the GAME...whop whoop..:D

Diet going well, food makes a lot more sense after almost a year after Dx
salt and the heatwave i THINK tripped me up, but i'm wiser now for the next time.
( water important..but so is salt, as i found out.)

Have a good day folks.:)

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Stopped off at Area 51 yesterday, well it was a roadside cafe and petrol station,

as I was tucking in to my bowl of chilli I saw a queue of guys waiting at a door to a pink building, “what are they queuing for” I asked the waitress, “ oh that’s the local cathouse” says she, “but they don’t have any cats”

hahahaha.....love it.

and area 51, whoa..take any snaps..big scene there for alien artefacts (replicas/film stuff obv ;)..or maybe not
ghostface.gif
eek.gif
)

too hot.
too cold...

it's life :rolleyes:
... not Goldilocks and the 3 bears...:D

Have a good un, mate .....well jel :happy:

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)