What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 34763
Good morning @SaskiaKC says Popeye cat, and reminds you to get your tongue in action. It's the early morning fur cleaning routine from my bed...

Please thank Popeye for me. And there I was thinking it was my neighbor's knocking on my door that woke me up from a deep over-sleep this morning. Much nicer to wake up to de-furring -- I think I fell asleep to the KittenCat at her ablutions sometime after 3 this morning.

And I totally forgot to check my FBG after I'd opened the door to my neighbor.

The KittenCat and I think you are a very handsome boy, Popeye. ^. .^

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Struggling to upload photos, just keep getting “file too large”
is it on mobile..?

try quickpic app

PLAYSTORE if droid..not sure for Iphone

doesn't get the best write up..(pretty sure it's the same as mine.)
BUT it';s worth the effort, because it does let me edit from Google Pics.
and when in edit mode on quickpics, lets me choose to resize..aka SHRINK pics.
i go to 640.x 400 i think.

forum won't upload anything (like many ) above 1MB..most pics come out for me at 90kbs

hth..:)

Reactions: trick60

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1565364991371.jpg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Diet going well, food makes a lot more sense after almost a year after Dx
salt and the heatwave i THINK tripped me up, but i'm wiser now for the next time.
( water important..but so is salt, as i found out.)
So glad you’re feeling like yourself again...isnt it impossible to eat sliced tomato or a boiled egg without salt? Salt rocks when added by your own hand :cat:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks, 5.3 on the testing dice, decidedly chillier here in the mountains, certainly chillier than the drive through Death Valley yesterday where the temperature hit 46C in Stovepipe Wells. Stopped off at Area 51 yesterday, well it was a roadside cafe and petrol station, as I was tucking in to my bowl of chilli I saw a queue of guys waiting at a door to a pink building, “what are they queuing for” I asked the waitress, “ oh that’s the local cathouse” says she, “but they don’t have any cats” says I, she looked at me and laughed then went on to explain that cathouse was a term they use for brothel. Every days a school day.
Great FBG ....omg its enough to give cats a bad name :cat:
Have a great day.

Reactions: HarryBeau

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
is it on mobile..?

try quickpic app

PLAYSTORE if droid..not sure for Iphone

doesn't get the best write up..(pretty sure it's the same as mine.)
BUT it';s worth the effort, because it does let me edit from Google Pics.
and when in edit mode on quickpics, lets me choose to resize..aka SHRINK pics.
i go to 640.x 400 i think.

forum won't upload anything (like many ) above 1MB..most pics come out for me at 90kbs

hth..:)
Cheers mate I’ll get the granddaughter on it

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks! It’s not been too hard actually, I’ve switched to having a protein shake or protein yogurt for breakfast, and maybe a babybel or two.
Lunch is kinda what they provide but I buy bags of microwave veggies to add to it, if the meat is not suitable then I have sandwich slices of chicken and turkey to have with veggies. My tea is usually ham and cheese salad but starting to get a bit bored of it.
Cutting out the bread, potatoes, pasta etc was a lot easier than I expected it to be.

All sounding good @Fndwheelie - apart from getting bored with it.
How are you with cooking - or is it things of interest that can be quickly and easily plonked into a microwave?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And share the successes -- and the failures -- with your friends. :)

Yes, failure is essential for learning. Just watch a baby failing to grasp in order to fine tune hand-eye coordination - and then, some folk/institutions/social groups influence the ideas of never failing - how sad for people trapped into that.

BTW my bs are at 5.4 - scoffing a few pork scratchings and drinking some Sauvignon Blanc with ice cubes and sparking water on the now sunny balcony of the little house on the prairie.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Poor guy. He’s lucky to have you there. Hug and flowers for you!
Had a good day today. His hba1c down from 95 at diagnosis early in the year to 77 in May. And today 56!!! Over the moon. Will write more tomorrow but metformin backed by a few low carb meals from me seem to be doing a grand job!!! So happy.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Blowing a real hooley here. My hay fever has started again. Pollen must be on the wind from Europe, given I'm on the South Coast. Guess this will be cured on October 31st, like everything else, when we separate from Europe.

My sore eyes just managed to read FBG 7.8 mmo/lt at 0530 hrs.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Struggling to upload photos, just keep getting “file too large”
I get this at times.
It does need to be below 1 MB
I either reduce the image in an image resister app. I use this if I have just one photo that needs file size reducing.
OR
Mail my photos to myself, and in the mail app I use, it gives me an option to reduce the file size (but not every mail app seems to do this). I often do this as a quick option especially when I have half a dozen photos and I want file size reducing quickly. The mail app reduces all the photo file sizes in one fell swoop. This idea works best when I have a few photos or even a dozen or so. Then I save then to photos on my phone. But I also put them in a folder labelled reduced file photos, because it is not clear from the photo album that those were the ones I reduced.
Just an idea.
Take care.
Keep posting your photos.
We want to see them!
Enjoy yourself!

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.9
Windy out there.
Supposed to be rain.
Two more days of this online Butterfly count. It finishes on a Sunday.
Been seeing butterflies to count every day.

So butterfly patrol today...
Take care.
Have fun.
>^..^<

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. One of those nights; up and down like a yo yo and eventually gave up at 0430.

The wonder wheel of let’s track this bizarre roller coaster night ride of misfortune by arriving on platform 6 in carriage 6.1

I made up the strange bread recipe yesterday, the one previously posted by @ianpspurs in the video below.
Left it in the oven for just over an hour and then took it out because it started to blacken round the edges.
After cooling for a few minutes, I took off the end to reveal a slightly soggy interior. Never mind, the end tasted OK with butter melting onto it. I wrapped the loaf in a cotton loaf bag and we went off to our little house on the prairie. By dinner time it had just about dried to the right consistency and two very thin slices were gobbled down. Going to toast some today - not at all bad. Easy to make with just three ingredients (milled flax seeds, water and salt). Oh! And lard, it says to use lard - so lar-Di-dah.

Bon Weekend and all that. Hugs for the weary, hogs for the greedy.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone. One of those nights; up and down like a yo yo and eventually gave up at 0430.

The wonder wheel of let’s track this bizarre roller coaster night ride of misfortune by arriving on platform 6 in carriage 6.1

I made up the strange bread recipe yesterday, the one previously posted by @ianpspurs in the video below.
Left it in the oven for just over an hour and then took it out because it started to blacken round the edges.
After cooling for a few minutes, I took off the end to reveal a slightly soggy interior. Never mind, the end tasted OK with butter melting onto it. I wrapped the loaf in a cotton loaf bag and we went off to our little house on the prairie. By dinner time it had just about dried to the right consistency and two very thin slices were gobbled down. Going to toast some today - not at all bad. Easy to make with just three ingredients (milled flax seeds, water and salt). Oh! And lard, it says to use lard - so lar-Di-dah.

Bon Weekend and all that. Hugs for the weary, hogs for the greedy.

That bread sounds easy with just those three ingredients. I may try it.