Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Evening all. Retired from watching all the Star Wars films (husbeast’s birthday, his choice!) to bed. Just want to stretch out on my memory foam mattress with a good book and some quiet. While our surround sound system is truly wondrous, I feel like I’ve been trapped in the back of an ambulance for six hours with the sirens going. Levels remain rollercoasterery, obviously need to adjust my basal override for tomorrow.

@MeiChanski - big squishy hugs xxx

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Mel dCP can I add time traveller to your talents, just read your signature and your a1c from Dec 2019.
Cyborg, quilter, silversmith, cook, paramedic, high ruler of the universe - oh, that one explains it....

Reactions: therower

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening all. Retired from watching all the Star Wars films (husbeast’s birthday, his choice!) to bed. Just want to stretch out on my memory foam mattress with a good book and some quiet. While our surround sound system is truly wondrous, I feel like I’ve been trapped in the back of an ambulance for six hours with the sirens going. Levels remain rollercoasterery, obviously need to adjust my basal override for tomorrow.

@MeiChanski - big squishy hugs xxx
Happy birthday to your husband, Star Wars is a good choice :) I'm guessing your ears are ringing from the sirens.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning, is it really?
3 o'clock, checked blood and found Alpro Vanilla is a bit of a hotty for me so I'll need to watch that.
Back to try and sleep

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@helensaramay I had the same thing happen, I got some vegan protein drinks, 6 carbs and 20 grams of protein each and when I drank the first one I remember wondering why were my sugars going up and just thought it was some kind of fluke. But then when I went to drink the second one, I needed a slight boost before I was going to eat later and I was at a 4.8 and when I hit 7.8 I took some insulin but watched it shoot up to a 9.8 before it started coming down. I remember thinking 6 carbs did this? And then it dawned on me it's got to be the protein, so much for trying to have something that wouldn't impact my sugars much! I guess I am not usually consuming such high protein with so little carbs.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.5 for me have s good weekend everyone
FB_IMG_1540223404599.jpg

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning glories - woke up on 5.4 - all is well in my world.

Been reading along but ran out of words (miracles do happen!)

Today I am making mushroom slices and more dahl. (The last lot disappeared at a very unseemly rate). Aside from that I want to finish my book. I am really enjoying it but have so many more I want to enjoy too - I need to make more time in my day for reading.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning, is it really?
3 o'clock, checked blood and found Alpro Vanilla is a bit of a hotty for me so I'll need to watch that.
Back to try and sleep

Gorgeous but really carby compared to their coconut yoghurt, or even the almond. I do love the vanilla though. Big treat!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, happy to wake on a 5.4 according to Libre, 5 according to a finger prick. A boring day of house chores and clearing the decks ready for the plumbers coming on Tuesday. Unless I can find something that I can justify doing instead.....

Have a good one whatever you're all doing

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi hi Hi campers, teabags and pumpers Hope you had a good night

After weeks of running overnight,for the pat week or so my overnights BG have been near perfect mainly a flat line of around 6. Great, but why, nothing has changed, still eating same number of carbs in very similar meals, I am a creature of habit, still taking same amount of insulin, still doing same things, eg nothing but rest. Happy with that but my 7pm-- 10 pm BG have shot up slightly, very confusing

Managed to get out for a few hours early morning for some birdwatching before the forecast rains come down.

Enjoy your weekend people