ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Could I ask does anyone else get annoyed at 0.5 units? Some times it's too much, some times it's great and some times it's not enough. Do I just suck it up and treat it when I hypo?
0.5 units is a good correction for me during the day, where it will lower my blood sugars up to 1 mmol/l but, not at night, 5 hours after dinner where it can lower it up to 3.2 mmol/l. I think eating and drinking copious amounts of coffee and cream during the day cancels out the bigger drops for me.
It's an engineers-type approach.
5.0 this morning again. It's a little chilly outside. Have a great day everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marie 2 and hh1

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
0.5 units is a good correction for me during the day, where it will lower my blood sugars up to 1 mmol/l but, not at night, 5 hours after dinner where it can lower it up to 3.2 mmol/l. I think eating during the day cancels out the bigger drops for me.
It's okay for mild highs like between 10-12, anything higher needs a bit more. But sometimes it's too much so I sigh while crunching down my oreos.

Reactions: Marie 2 and SueJB

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey fellow stabbers lol I'm still here. Just forget to post sometimes.

OK saw diabetes nurse couple days ago and she said she's pleased with all my readings.

I was 125 early June wen I was admitted to hospital, then saw consultant couple weeks ago he said I was 74, and after seeing diabetes nurse couple days ago she said I'm now 48. So lept from yellow past the green into purple.

I'm pleased with my achievement. Yes it's honeymoon period at moment but I feel I've gone throw a lot to get where I am and makes me very happy. :)
IMG_20190809_151853.jpeg

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Could I ask does anyone else get annoyed at 0.5 units? Some times it's too much, some times it's great and some times it's not enough. Do I just suck it up and treat it when I hypo?
Yep @MeiChanski, Sometimes I'd like a 0.25 but usually I'm happy with what I've got. I tend to inject too little rather than hypo.... not that I've had one of those for a while, thank goodness

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, up on a 5.4 this morning, I'll take that. Possibly mess it all up later as I'm off for lunch with old friends I haven't seen for too long, so eating and drinking and maybe (surely not!) not paying enough attention to you all know what.

Have a great Sunday whatever you're up to :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Mornin all, and yes, sometimes 0.5 is a sledge hammer. Maybe some lovely company or other will get round to creating pens that give 0.25? Until then we onMDI be eating to the pen. Unless the pizza’s too thick and the pen’s still in bed. Well corrected tho @Scott-C.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
3.8 right now tho in the 5s since 11pm last night. FFOTF isn’t so active this morning. One jelly baby could either sort the low or remind the foot on the floor to put its foot on the accelerator. Time will tell. Leaving it alone atm.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Yep @MeiChanski, Sometimes I'd like a 0.25 but usually I'm happy with what I've got. I tend to inject too little rather than hypo.... not that I've had one of those for a while, thank goodness

I'm the other way round - rather be a little low than a little high. Mainly because I fall asleep if I go higher than about 10. It's weird - I can be in the middle of a conversation and fall asleep! I upset my father in law very much the first time I did it to him because he thought I was being very rude and more or less telling him he's boring.

I'd really rather not have the boss come trotting into my office and find me kipping at my desk!

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, after Friday's perfect blood sugars yesterday was much more erratic, woke in the 6s, and did a correction to stop it going too high, as it was clearly moving upwards.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Reactions: hh1

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Just checked my ketones = 1.1.
Is this OK? I know what you're thinking.... I've found something else to worry about.
Just interested

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just checked my ketones = 1.1.
Is this OK? I know what you're thinking.... I've found something else to worry about.
Just interested
If your BG is in the 4s, it could be starvation ketones. What and when did you last eat? Do you feel unwell at all?

Ugh. Morning. Been up all night with “digestive distress” - no idea if it’s down to the prawn curry I had for dinner (I had similar but nowhere near so bad when I had a prawn curry on my birthday last week), the 2/3 of a bottle of red, the sweetener in my dessert, or just one of those things. So that was pretty miserable. Bloods ok at 6.4 so I don’t think it’s a bug.

Not sure what’s on the agenda today yet, let’s see how my flesh prison holds together, eh?

Reactions: Alison54321

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I have seen a really nice mandala design cross stitch pattern I want. I'd have to buy it and I'm really trying hard to "shop my own shelves" atm. So, I'll dig out every pattern I own and see what I've got. (And I keep my loose patterns in three huge double A4 lever arch folders, so there's a lot to look through!)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
If your BG is in the 4s, it could be starvation ketones. What and when did you last eat? Do you feel unwell at all?

Ugh. Morning. Been up all night with “digestive distress” - no idea if it’s down to the prawn curry I had for dinner (I had similar but nowhere near so bad when I had a prawn curry on my birthday last week), the 2/3 of a bottle of red, the sweetener in my dessert, or just one of those things. So that was pretty miserable. Bloods ok at 6.4 so I don’t think it’s a bug.
@Mel dCP Hope you're feeling better. I ate supper around 19.30 last night, onglet and salad

Not sure what’s on the agenda today yet, let’s see how my flesh prison holds together, eh?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@Mel dCP I want to agree with you comment to @SueJB about ketones and give you a hug for your digestive distress.

Sue - out of interest, with a BG in the 4s, what made you test ketones?
I only test mine when my BG is high for a prolonged time and I can't get them to come down with a wardribe full of rage blouses ... which is so rare, my test strips are usually out of date.
Hi @helensaramay I just hadn't tested for ages and just thought I'd give it a go as I was feeling hungry and after the steroid rush. I wanted to check if everything was fine. I'm a born worrier............. not very useful for T1 and I also don't tolerate ambiguity well

Reactions: porl69