What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1554021167062.jpg

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
Here we go.... 6.8 this morning :bag:. Yesterday I had 22.8g of carbs and 1472 calories. I don't usually go above 1300. ( I count them because it does seems to make a difference to me - the higher the cals, the higher the FBG ). Relatively energetic day at work but late night/late supper which seems to make a difference too - the later I eat the higher the FBG. I stress over FBGs :woot:

Barba_Rossa

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 for me. This is my first time in the 4s since being diagnosed two weeks ago with a number that ended with a 4 but started with a 2 (24!). Proud of myself for what I’ve managed to achieve in a short time but conscious there is a whole lifetime ahead of me. Have a great day everyone!

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok, here's the story, last night went to bed bloods 5.5
Had a nightmare stirred awake with my brain was saying don't swallow (what you have in your mouth) it's poison! Of course I couldn't help swallowing and immediately jumped up in bed. Got up and measured, 6.2, fight or flight adrenaline I think. But its interesting nevertheless, just shows what stress can do. Couple of drinks of hot water and tested again bloods 5.1, 4.8 and 5.2, checked 3 times just to get a consistent result and then gave up. Quickest my bloods have reduced. I would have expected them to have remained in the 6s or at least the upper 5s. Maybe short sharp shocks are the next big thing for reducing blood sugars. Not! Cheers everyone have a great day.

Last edited: