Raised readings since exercise

Tipe2too

I have been diagnosed about 10 years and this last month have been going to gym 1 hour twice weekly. My off days I go for a swim or a 1 hour walk. I was in quite a physically demanding job up until a year ago but lapsed a bit hence the belated gym etc. My readings have gone up from about 7/8 to 12+. This latest 12+ being before breakfast/ meds and exercise. What is going on? I am crestfallen.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I have been diagnosed about 10 years and this last month have been going to gym 1 hour twice weekly. My off days I go for a swim or a 1 hour walk. I was in quite a physically demanding job up until a year ago but lapsed a bit hence the belated gym etc. My readings have gone up from about 7/8 to 12+. This latest 12+ being before breakfast/ meds and exercise. What is going on? I am crestfallen.
The physically demanding job sounds like it was clearing a lot of blood sugar away. Studies suggest strenuous exercise (or hard physical work in your case) can have an effect on blood sugars for up to 36 hours. I agree with catinahat about the timings for why it happens when you wake.

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My readings have gone up from about 7/8 to 12+
Hi @Tipe2too When have you been checking your readings?

For many people exercise raises bg levels that's normal and something you want it means you are using up stored glucose from the liver which causes the increase. :bookworm:

The hot weather can raise bg levels. As can a restless night due to the muggy weather. Then as others have mentioned the "dawn phenomenon" your liver dumps loads of sugar into your system to kick start your day add that to a hot morning and a sleepless night and its a triple whammy.

For so many of us we are left to fend for ourselves with this condition and its through trial and error we find out what works for us. Stress can play a part even something as simple as worrying about your blood sugars being raised, can raise your blood sugar.

Just a thought are you carb loading before exercise?;)
:bag: